It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon without electricity, Delhi staring down a blackout

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Man, there are like a dozen forums where this would fit. Global Meltldown Seems most appropriate, given the general trend.

I just read on disclose.tv that Lebanon, a country of nearly 7,000,000 people, is currently almost completely without power.

Reuters says, quoting a Lebanese official :

Lebanon has no centrally-generated electricity after the country's biggest two power stations shut down due to a fuel shortage, a government official told Reuters on Saturday.

"The Lebanese power network completely stopped working at noon today, and it is unlikely that it will work until next Monday, or for several days," the official said.

Also, according to disclose.tv's Telegram feed, Delhi - India's capital with nearly 19,000,000 - is staring down a similar situation. It's just the city, but still has almost three times the inhabitants of Lebanon. Bloomberg reports:

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal warned Prime Minister Narendra Modi of declining coal reserves that’s sparking a power crisis in India’s capital.

At least one power station has run out of coal stock, while others have reserves of one to four days as of Oct. 5...

My little mountain cabin with a wood burning stove and a stock of dry goods is looking better and better daily. We're still wrapping up necessary remodeling and stocking up. I hope we can beat the rush.
:
edit on 2021 10 09 by incoserv because: formatting error.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

It’s all circling the drain.

Renting any rooms up there? 😎

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut

Can you pay in non-cash, fungible assets? You know, like silver coins, gold bullion, laying hens, fresh eggs, milk goats? Hell, I'd even take a sack of taters. (Fungible is synonymous with edible, isn't it?)
:
edit on 2021 10 09 by incoserv because: I mistyped "laying chickens." Sheesh ...

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It's a ruse to advertise for solar and wind power !!!!!😎

Millions get sacrificed for a cause !🚨

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
It's a ruse to advertise for solar and wind power !!!!!😎

Millions get sacrificed for a cause !🚨

I suspect that it's more like the beginning of The Purge.

Think about it. An entire country of 7,000,000 or (even worse) a densely packed urban area of 19,000,000 with no electricity, no communications infrastructure, no real law enforcement, no water, food stores spoiling and no deliveries incoming.

You try to tell me that law, order and civility will not completely break down. I predict that this will make Escape from L.A. look like a Sunday stroll in the park.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Barrels of Salted Cod work?………….😎

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Don't know. I've never had it. Might be interested

Surströmming is definitely off the table, though (both figuratively and literally).

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   

😆………

It’s just dried Codfish like was done with pork and beef back in the day.
You soak it twice to get the salt out then cook it your favorite way.
The Portuguese love boiled Salt Cod with potatoes and onion.
Big bottle of red wine and some bread rolls called “Pops” and there in heaven.
Another favorite is Creamed Cod over mashed, toast etc. Not a fav for me…….🤢
It’s biggest value other than food is trade, you’d get anything you want for salted ocean fish, it stores for years.

I looked up Surströmming. OMG………NO! 🤮

It’s not even close that vile crap………LOL

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: 🤮

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Our cabin is way off grid in the mountains. Solar panels, battery banks, and generators. We just got satellite internet set up this week, so the grand kids can home school. There's a stream nearby loaded with wild German Brown trout.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The energy crisis and resulting cascading collapse of industry/manufacturing and supply chains are all the result of the pandemic-which is looking more like an engineered operation to do exactly what we are seeing now-the downfall of civilisation as we know it.

The scant resources,especially tech resources will be hoarded by the governments of the world in order to continue the evolution of their borg system.

In 10 years or less,they want most of us living in slums,managed like cattle,watched over by AI drones,likley equipped with brain scanning technology while the 1% demons manage to live a few more geneations in thier ivory towers during which full transhumanism is forced on those of us unfortunate enough to survive that long.

Its the endgame for our species as we know it.

Long in the planning,by the same evil powers who brought us Slavery,Eugenics,Death camps,WW1 and 2.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Surströmming is definitely off the table, though (both figuratively and literally).

Is it better than Lutefisk, or Balut?

I shouldn't ask, because if you are hungry enough, it won't make a difference,

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Found this. www.usatoday.com...

Looks like they are running out of credit along with fuel for electricity.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 03:52 PM
link   

When are the zombies coming?

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

How long does it take for civilization to break down without power? I know it's a matter of days for food and water... But Lebanon and, I assume, Delhi, aren't the pinnacles of stable society to begin with.

Having said that, I know in hurricane affected areas it can be weeks or more for power to come back on, but there are also typically support systems in place to make it slightly more bearable. I'm doubting Lebanon and Delhi have those support systems.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Is it better than Lutefisk, or Balut?

I shouldn't ask, because if you are hungry enough, it won't make a difference,

But I ain't that hungry yet.

Just bring a few laying hens and we'll be good.
edit on 2021 10 09 by incoserv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

When are the zombies coming?

The zombies are already here. Just look for the telltale sign: driving in a car alone with a face muzzle on.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

How long does it take for civilization to break down without power? I know it's a matter of days for food and water... But Lebanon and, I assume, Delhi, aren't the pinnacles of stable society to begin with.

Having said that, I know in hurricane affected areas it can be weeks or more for power to come back on, but there are also typically support systems in place to make it slightly more bearable. I'm doubting Lebanon and Delhi have those support systems.

My point. I could see it getting apocalyptic pretty quickly.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Modern hi-tech society is over when the electricity shuts down. It is sort of immediate. The supermarket freezers without power have about twenty hours. But food coming in from the countryside could keep it going. That's if you haven't sold all your donkeys for food to China as Nigeria did.
edit on 9-10-2021 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You want to know how life will become talk to someone who works at a jail. Ask how the the arrested act about 24 hours without their phones. Same as drug withdrawals.

posted on Oct, 9 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Can you pay in non-cash, fungible assets? You know, like silver coins, gold bullion, laying hens, fresh eggs, milk goats? Hell, I'd even take a sack of taters. (Fungible is synonymous with edible, isn't it?)

:

A still to make liquor could come in handy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join