It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ignorance. Arrogance. Negligence. ..Perfection. Metrics.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hello all. Long long time creeper(somewhere btwn 07-09). ..of all life's situations that end up less than ideal. Three things I've boiled them down to. Ignorance/Arrogance/Negligence. Combinations often times in a progressive form. With that said..without these three..less than ideal situations may not be so readily available for the eye of the be holder. Without these seeming imperfections(areas seen inferior/not good/bad/inefficient) would we be left with zero room for improvement(boring)? I believe so. For myself this is impossible, there is ALWAYS room for improvement. So, does it exist? Perfection, and if so..what's it to you?

Through subjective anecdotal exps (still having a "normal" relationship with my father after divorce) use as a metric for how a loved one should live(sister/mother haven't spoken in over a decade..toss in the two grandbabies/grandmother who've yet to meet)...a "why can't you at least speak to her" .state of mind towards my sis for a long time(my metric).
I realized my hypocrisy...and how my metric was holding me back..yeah I had a relationship with my father..but I was rude/snarkey/ very ungrateful in retrospect. Luckily he's still in my life..with my sis/mom and the thought she would possibly wait until the chance was no longer to mend or whatev..that shidd kicked me in that nads..alot. especially when a genuine great fun moment with my nephew and niece took/takes place its always immediately followed by a "damn, mom(their grandma) has had NONE..zip zero zilch nada..not a single one of these joyous moments..still kills me..Upped my metric within my most important relationships(family and close friend(s)..and especially my pops. We all have room for improvement and I'm so very greatful as hard as it is to come to terms with the whole situation. I fancy myself a conscious objective observer. What bitter irony it is to be relagated to your fancys when you no longer fancy them. I wanted to fix them so bad for me really..and my mom and such. It still hurts..but instead of a single tear or two..a half-cocked grin. It was the bitter that lead me to become sweeter.

..journaling a life plan for providing provisions of good food/good drink/good smoke. You'll be hard-pressed finding any individual unfond of the three. ..I enjoy co-mingeling them myself.

I very much am looking forward to my first bout of actively participating in "DENYING IGNORANCE"..rather the objective observer I've been for over a decade. Peace, and good health, happiness, and some wealth, I wish these things for you and yours.
edit on 2-10-2021 by emp89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I lurked for a long time before I joined and even much longer till I posted.

Those broken families it's been 20 years since my divorce and I have a good relationship with my daughters' thank goodness. We have had our moments but in the end, we also had a good talk. I say occasionally reach out to your family as long as you can be okay if they don't want to. But if you do connect you might hear some things you don't want to hear at first, it's okay if it can be rebuilt it will be a long process. It's worth the work if it goes well, and if it doesn't you can say you tried.

Hope that makes sense it's a little early here and I didn't sleep well all night.

Have a good Saturday my friend

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Quite the intro!
Well, you know us all so well...So get busy posting.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What is lurking?

I went fishing a lot. Is it similar?

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: emp89

Hello and welcome!

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

One is done from the top of a bridge the other from beneath...

Oh and a warm welcome to EMP89, don't burst my bubbles.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

...with my sis/mom and the thought she would possibly wait until the chance was no longer to mend or whatev..

Uhhhh...your sister is your Mom????

You're gonna' fit right in here on ATS!

Welcome aboard the Freaky Train!

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Precisely, which makes me my own grandpa.

My mother and sisters relationship..or lack-of more accurately.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

I have ohh so much respect for so many of you all. However have fond memories of where your handle"Terpene"lead me to.
#naturescure
I like bubbles. ..and turtles.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   

edit on 2-10-2021 by emp89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I very much am looking forward to my first bout of actively participating in "DENYING IGNORANCE"

I am fairly new here myself but welcome. I think you will find a lot more political stuff and less of the conspiracy and weird stuff I had hoped too find, and unfortunately in those threads, they seem to embrace ignorance. But anywho,

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My father and I as well. Very recently my father, nephew, and I loaded up my pops 2019 Z19 Nitro and sore lipped about every white bass in choke canyon. Good times. What your fave fishing? Sport/eating or both? I like freshwater..but love love love getting on some tailing reds or a limit of speckled trout..halfshell the reds..cast iron the trout with lemon, butter, fine chopped cilantro leafs(no stems) a dash of garlic salt..I can taste it now. a reply to: jerich0

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: emp89

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Precisely, which makes me my own grandpa.

My mother and sisters relationship..or lack-of more accurately.

Wouldn't it actually make you your own Uncle??

LOL!! Hilarious stuff to think about!

And when you have a kid it will be the Grand Nephew of your Mom-sister...err, sumthin' like that. **scratches head**

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Very interested on y'all's thoughts about perfection! Its existence beyond a puzzle piece fit type of perfect. How does one begin a puzzle if the pieces are transparent and no corners or edges?..while blindfolded with oven mitts on. Hashtag LIFE..lol

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I still harbor hope for them.
..however much I want it fixed. Its not mine to do so.
That fact was VERY VERY difficult to "overcome". Don't think I'll ever really be..I had to redirect my focus to cherish having my mother father sister nephew and niece in my life and me in theirs. Many people don't have their sibling(s) or parents in their life anymore and I recognize that. It made sense, yes. Thx! You as well, enjoy your wknd.

a reply to: putnam6

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Well welcome aboard!!!

There’s a farm not far from here that goes by
“Frog Hollow Farm” and it has a natural spring fed puddle they named,
“Turtle Rock Pond”. You’d love it!

More importantly, how you feel about Scallops?
Yay or nay? ........😎

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Welcome Sir Uncle Grampy!
😁

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
welcome to you

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Welcome to the site. Hope you have some experience and insight to share with all of us.

posted on Oct, 2 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join