It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kabul Airport Suicide Bomb - Death toll

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bunch

Wasn't a truck loaded with explosives used in Beirut?

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: Forensick
I was just considering 182 people killed by one suicide bomber at Kabul airport.

Without glorifying it, is that some kind of record?

Do those numbers stack up?

I searched other attacks getting just into double figures, rarely 13 military personnel let alone 169 civilians.

Am I missing something (possibly) or was this some kind of super SVIED event?

Everyone was jammed at the gate. Probably walked right into the middle with some newly seized US explosives and set it off.

Would love to know the bomb material myself, but doubt that will ever come out.

I get they were packed in, but sometimes that has the opposite effect (like the hero soldier throwing themselves onto a grenade).

The shrapnel would only go outwards, likely stop at the first person it hit, would take some shrapnel to kill everyone, how much percussion would you get off a vest?

Seems obscene, I was leaning towards military plastic and not harvested powder from mortars.

35 died in an Iraqi market Suicide, a 2000lb bomb dropped on a residential area kills 150….

I bloody hope they keep this in the Middle East, stuff with this power on our streets is scary.

I dont think their bombs use much shrapnel....it is all about percussive destruction. As another poster said earlier, if they were between 2 concrete, high walls, that would create enough pressure to crush a lot of folks.

And yeah...I would guess lots of plastic. Just want to know where it came from.....was it looted from an abandoned US armament somewhere? If so, that's bad. I am kind of shocked this question hasn't come up yet with MSM or anyone outside.

A Taliban tactic using explosives; they used ball bearings, so it is quite possible that whoever was responsible used the same method, however as previously mentioned, tightly packed bodies would still condense the blast.

a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I'd still take those stories with a grain of salt. All of them are only reporting on the one source from Twitter.

I would not be shocked, but I need more than a single source to really believe it.

I highly doubt the original source was Twitter, many people including family members of the victims reported it. And ofc, the US military are one of the most non-transparent outfits regarding anything, they usually either deny or ignore.

In this case the fact it was acknowledged means they were backed into a corner and had to, probably because they confirmed it themselves or knew of a reliable source which did, it's damage limitation in case the story picked up.
edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join