It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kabul Airport Suicide Bomb - Death toll

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was just considering 182 people killed by one suicide bomber at Kabul airport.

Without glorifying it, is that some kind of record?

Do those numbers stack up?

I searched other attacks getting just into double figures, rarely 13 military personnel let alone 169 civilians.

Am I missing something (possibly) or was this some kind of super SVIED event?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Lots of densely packed people. Yeah, it sadly adds up.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick
I was just considering 182 people killed by one suicide bomber at Kabul airport.

I searched other attacks getting just into double figures, rarely 13 military personnel let alone 169 civilians.

Everyone was jammed at the gate. Probably walked right into the middle with some newly seized US explosives and set it off.

Would love to know the bomb material myself, but doubt that will ever come out.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The photos I saw had T-walls on each side fairly close together, which would channel the blast as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Probably walked right into the middle with some newly seized US explosives and set it off.
a reply to: Vasa Croe

wouldnt that just get your nethers al wet.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FunshineCD

Probably walked right into the middle with some newly seized US explosives and set it off.

I would actually like to know if it was seized US military explosives used in the attack. I am sure they have the info on what was used and all the pieces of the bomb they could gather.

If it was seized US explosives that allowed this to happen then that would be a BIG problem.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FunshineCD

The Tone Deaf Award winner of the day.

You think this is funny, like a haha joke kind of funny?

It amuses you that one of the most tactically flawed and poorly planned operations in modern military history has resulted in a fortune's worth of weapons, vehicles and ordinance has fallen into the enemy's hands?

PEOPLE DIED IN THIS EVENT, AND IT COULD BE THE CASE THAT US SUPPLIES/ARMAMENTS WERE USED, we'll have to wait for the Fact Gaurdians to let us know about the devices used, which should be sometime between next week and never, especially if they used a claymore or military-grade Semtex.

And that's supposed to not get people riled up becaussse...why?

What a worthless comment.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

US troops opened up on the civilians during the mayhem, and as previously mentioned, densely packed crowds so some of the deaths are attributable to gun shot wounds

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

US troops opened up on the civilians during the mayhem, and as previously mentioned, densely packed crowds so some of the deaths are attributable to gun shot wounds

Seriously? Did I miss this? Where'd you get it?

Nothing would surprise me with this ****ed-up administration, but he'll my a source on that would be good.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Hey, Forensick, seems like you've been dabbling in a bit of independent thinking and analysis there, buddy. You might want to curb that.

I understand that doing your own research is now a bad thing. This kind of thinking might lead to just that, then you begin to question what your betters tell you ... and that can only lead to trouble.

Thoughtcrime is a serious offence under the new regime. This is just a friendly reminder.
:
edit on 2021 9 28 by incoserv because: Winston made a typo. But it's been memory-holed.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Religion has always been deadly. Death tolls in religious attacks progress with technology.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Religion has always been deadly. Death tolls in religious attacks progress with technology.

On that, you and I find common ground.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

Seriously? Did I miss this? Where'd you get it?

Nothing would surprise me with this ****ed-up administration, but he'll my a source on that would be good.

www.rt.com...

www.aljazeera.com...

www.opindia.com...

And as usual the Western media hardly even mentions the story, although it was briefly covered in a New York Times article which stated that the Pentagon acknowledged it's troops may have shot civilians:

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Parenthetically we can note that, had nobody blown up a suicide vest in the crowd, no one would've been shot in all likelihood.

Doesn't pardon the soldiers for lack of fire discipline, however the phrase THE FOG OF WAR exists for a reason. Chaos, confusion, mayhem.

The blame for the deaths is squarely on the soldiers of the suicide bomber.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

In 1945, a single bomb killed an estimated 90,000 people.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I'd still take those stories with a grain of salt. All of them are only reporting on the one source from Twitter.

I would not be shocked, but I need more than a single source to really believe it.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Everyone was jammed at the gate. Probably walked right into the middle with some newly seized US explosives and set it off.

I get they were packed in, but sometimes that has the opposite effect (like the hero soldier throwing themselves onto a grenade).

The shrapnel would only go outwards, likely stop at the first person it hit, would take some shrapnel to kill everyone, how much percussion would you get off a vest?

Seems obscene, I was leaning towards military plastic and not harvested powder from mortars.

35 died in an Iraqi market Suicide, a 2000lb bomb dropped on a residential area kills 150….

I bloody hope they keep this in the Middle East, stuff with this power on our streets is scary.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I get they were packed in, but sometimes that has the opposite effect (like the hero soldier throwing themselves onto a grenade).

The shrapnel would only go outwards, likely stop at the first person it hit, would take some shrapnel to kill everyone, how much percussion would you get off a vest?

Seems obscene, I was leaning towards military plastic and not harvested powder from mortars.

35 died in an Iraqi market Suicide, a 2000lb bomb dropped on a residential area kills 150….

I bloody hope they keep this in the Middle East, stuff with this power on our streets is scary.

I dont think their bombs use much shrapnel....it is all about percussive destruction. As another poster said earlier, if they were between 2 concrete, high walls, that would create enough pressure to crush a lot of folks.

And yeah...I would guess lots of plastic. Just want to know where it came from.....was it looted from an abandoned US armament somewhere? If so, that's bad. I am kind of shocked this question hasn't come up yet with MSM or anyone outside.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The USS Cole and the Beirut Barracks suicide bombings come to mind. In Beirut, 241 US military personnel loss their lives in a second.

As far as the total amount of deaths the Kabul attack ranks up there but sadly there are others that stack up high up there with it.

edit on 28-9-2021 by Bunch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2021 @ 03:40 AM
link   

That's one thing I thought was suspicious from the beginning, as even with walls around them to channel the explosion, densely packed people usually provide a defence against the explosion, so only those close to it are fatally wounded or killed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join