It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of all the masked idiots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight
I feel alienated from those around me and can feel their disgust

I'm already socially anxious, so this doesn't help!

That's the whole point. Make you feel alienated and alone while the rest shame you into compliance. Stay strong, my friend, in time the rest will realize the folly of their ways.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

No-one is forcing you to wear a mask so where's the problem?

Isn't it all about choice?
If other people choose to wear masks isn't that their choice and it should be respected just as much as your choice not to?

Personally; I'm just sick of idiots.....regardless of whether they wear masks or not.
Idiocy is rampant, it seems to be spreading at an alarming rate.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Also in Florida. It's about 50/50 in the stores here for whether masked or not. It has been for months, since last fall even really.

If people want to wear them, so be it. That's their choice. Them wearing a mask shouldn't affect you in anyway, so don't let it. Their body, their choice. If they have a problem with you not wearing a mask, that's their problem too.

For what it's worth, I haven't worn a mask in the stores since the two weeks to flatten the curve was first extended. I never had any issues with employees tell me to put in a mask. A couple other customers, yes, but I just thanked them for their concern and told them to have a wonderful day.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I like wearing a mask in the grocery store. It's like wearing a disguise. Incognito mode. It's a great excuse not to talk to people.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
You should go shopping with a tshirt that says “infected” and then you’ll really get some looks.

A while back someone here on ATS posted something about how people should go to the grocery store wearing a biohazard suit and carry a geiger counter and take readings on the bananas (because you'll get a hit off the potassium). For a laugh, I mentioned this to some of the guys at work. They all thought it was funny as heck.

Well I guess one of the crazier dudes at work actually did this! They put on one of our level 3 NBC suits and went into a local Kroger's and started taking readings on the bananas. He said this store manager gal came running up to him in about 2 minutes and was all animated, hopping up and down..."WHAT ARE YOU DOING??? NO, NO, NOOOOOO! You can't do that!! You're scaring people!! Sir, you are going to need to leave the store right this instant! Can't you see how you're scaring people???? OMG!!! OMG!!! You need to leave right NOW!! You're scaring people to death!!!"

LOLOLOLOL!!!! **snort**

He said he had planned to tell them that he was just taking covid precautions, but said he never even got the chance. They ran him right out of the store and called the cops. LOL!!!

He didn't stick around to push the issue.

Now he's all worried that they got him on tape and the MIB's are going to come and get him! LOL!

edit on 9/28/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Frankly, I think you’re full of it. I live in a liberal area and only about 50% of people wear a mask. I’ve never seen anyone one glare at anyone or give anyone crap either way.

Who the hell cares what anyone else chooses to do?

Except special snowflakes..

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

originally posted by: ancientlight
I feel alienated from those around me and can feel their disgust

I'm already socially anxious, so this doesn't help!

That's the whole point. Make you feel alienated and alone while the rest shame you into compliance. Stay strong, my friend, in time the rest will realize the folly of their ways.

Oh please. God god, grow up.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Brotherman
You should go shopping with a tshirt that says “infected” and then you’ll really get some looks.

I should make a and sell t-shirts saying " I'm vaccinated and yet I still can infect you at 2 meters " .

My daughter is a manga artist. I'll have her draw up something soon.

I love it!!!

I reckon you could sell a lot of those. Probably should have kept it to yourself though.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
And if you don't have your mom vaxed and she's old then you're trash.

You mean force your Mom to get the mRNA shot?

Who's trash in this scenario?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Oh and I believe in science. Not bearded white guy wearing a robe in the clouds. 

Nope, you believe in the religion of science.

There is literally no difference.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
So you don't wear them, but they're somehow a hindrance on you?

A rare occasion that I agree with you.

I'm quite happy wearing a mask whilst shopping. It has more advantages than meet the eye.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
I like wearing a mask in the grocery store. It's like wearing a disguise. Incognito mode. It's a great excuse not to talk to people.

BOOM!!!

That's precisely my angle.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It will be fun when we realize how easy it is to spot the ones not wearing masks, the honest ones so to say. The ones that kept to themselves and don't hide or change who they are just to fit in...

This piece of face cloth says much more about the wearer than his now covered facial expression could convey...

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You’re funny!

Is anyone buying this crap?

Do you do this with people who wear seatbelts? Or, people who put their shoes and shirts on to enter a building? Or, people who get flu shots.

So much snowflakery over a simple mask. Pusses actually, it’s funny as hell.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

That was almost the most confusing post I've ever read on ATS. The competition is strong though.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

You're not the only one. The wife and I were talking about that this morning. Went to office max last afternoon for a task chair and we were the only ones minus like a middle aged lady without one and the employees were kinda just giving us the eye. But they helped us and didnt say anything negative. But it really does suck the fun out of things.
just so awkward
That's why i guarantee that at least 40% of the people wearing them, don't want to and don't think they do any good, they simply don't want the stress of being the black sheep.
Silly humans.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

the mask is strong within you

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

most confusing post

I take it as a compliment

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

move to the UK then, no more mask mandates, full capacity sporting stadiums, bars and clubs open

its just like old times, if you want it to be, some people are choosing to live in fear still but most of us are getting back to the normality we lived before Jan 2020

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Oh dear!!! My mask makes YOU feel anxious? And you can feel MY disgust? And you can feel MY stares at you? REALLY???

Wow. Because ya know what? I don't even think about you or anyone else when I'm shopping... well, except to be courteous and respectful of you all -- masked or not. I haven't stared at you or anyone else with or without a mask. Nor have I ever felt any disgust whatsoever with anyone over wearing a mask. I do, however, feel MUCH disgust for the mask police though -- whether you're demanding I be masked or demanding I NOT be masked.

I'm not an idiot either. And unless you're speaking astrologically, I'm not a sheep. I can see why YOU, as someone who is obviously quite obsessed with what others do and think, would project those qualities on to me. Apparently you need everyone else to join YOU so that YOU can blend in with the masses or you'll melt like a sad little snowflake under those oh-so-withering stares in the supermarket... or just call us all names and go hide in your mother's basement...

Because YOU think anyone else really cares!!!

Okay, go hide. Makes no difference to the rest of us. Make your choice, do what you wanna do, and then own it. And let everyone else do the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join