It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fall LF2021

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Fall .

I hear the Elders speak of it often , it refers to a time before our Fall back to Earth . Over 400 years ago the people of Earth became a part of the intergalactic community , it was during a time of great discovery . Our planet and people were being watched with optimistic eyes by an Ancient and Highly advanced civilization known as the Arc .

But as often is the case , before we could rise we would have to surfer . There was a War , our history has no name for the War, no one knows how it started but what is known is that half the people on Earth, some 4 billion people, died in this War. After the War the peoples of Earth were changed, our minds changed, our values changed , Our planet came together the old borders were erased the old Governments done away with . Out of the ashes came a society intent on change , we looked to the stars little did we know they were looking back .

A young scientist named Fin Wade found a way to stabilize anti-matter , and thus everything changed . Almost overnight our planet discovered unlimited sustainable energy , We used it to power everything from personal transports to entire cities . The new leaders of Earth came together to decide how this new power should be used , and a final agreement was reached . The power would never be weaponized , this new antimatter technology would be used to better us not to doom us . We carried on like this for almost 100 years advancing on our own alone. We expanded through the Solar system , Earth's Moon , Mars , the Moons of Jupiter and Saturn were all explored and charted by the greatest explorers in Earth's history . We established colonies throughout the solar system , we mined these planets and moons finding new elements and using them to make massive jumps in Medical science .

But still something was missing , the more we expanded the more alone we felt as no Life beyond our own had been found.

100 years after we stabilized antimatter we still had not intentionally weaponized it , and that is when they came . They openly approached our planet in a massive ship declaring themselves peaceful speaking to us in multiple Earth languages at once through radio transmission . The Arc ship took up a high orbit around Earth's moon and waited for us to send a ship to receive them . Our Elders call them Arcens and describe the Arc people as humanoid in appearance , Tall and lean, their skin a metallic blue color , their hands had three fingers and a thumb their eyes were all a shade of grey with the exception of the Royal Arcs their eyes were a deep black rimmed in blue . Their faces were humanoid with distinct jawlines and ears similar to the elves of earth's mythology , their heads had hair but not like Human hair it was more akin to feathers most of which was a deep black color . They moved with a grace and posture unknown to humans and spoke in a tone the elders described simply as unearthly , speaking aloud was foreign to the Arc as most of their communication to one another was telepathic.
Ambassadors were sent to dock with the Arc Ship , our ships scanned the Arc vessel and could not pick up any source of heat or vibration, only a faint glow emitted from the vessel . Earth's Ambassadors were taken aboard and led to a simple room where they were surrounded by 10 Arcens , the Arcens did not speak aloud for hours, they only stared at the ambassadors . The Ambassadors claimed to come under a sort of trance , the Arc were searching memories and reading their minds , as a memory was scanned the ambassador could sense the memory either via sound , smell or tactile sensation . One ambassador swore he could smell his mothers cooking and another heard his childhood family dog faintly barking . Suddenly all at once the Arcens said “ welcome to aboard Nivosus “ Nivosus was the name of their ship which was roughly ⅓ the size of the moon . The ambassadors were aboard Nivosus for 72 hrs without any communication back to Earth , finally when they returned to Earth they were in an Arcen ship the size of Rhode Island . The Three ambassadors had received Arcen knowledge via telekinetic transfer , and in the Ship they brought with them two separate Technology gifted via the Arcen . The First was a modification of our existing Antimatter technology , it allowed us to create artificial gravity aboard our vessels and in structures on planets with little to no gravity while also acting as a shield for our ships to travel at 25% the speed of light . The second and more important technology was the Ability to create controlled singularities in space that acted as portals through space time allowing us to travel from one side of the galaxy to the other in seconds.

The Arcen ship left our Moon's orbit never to be seen again , the three ambassadors became legends and were able to pass their Arcen knowledge from person to person via simple tactile touch . Soon the knowledge spread throughout our entire population , and so we as a people spread throughout the Galaxy joining a Galactic society beyond our greatest imagination . We discovered hundreds of thousands of intelligent species, some on Earth like planets and others in extremely hostile environments, planets so close to stars our ships would turn to ash without proper shielding . The human population went from under 4 billion to over 700 billion in a few hundred years. The Arcen knowledge was speeding up our evolution and genetic science was speeding it up even more . Human Skin began to take on a light blue color similar to the Arcens. We used spoken language less and less but we had never been more emotionally in touch with each other .

The three Ambassadors spoke of only one rule laid down by the Arcens: Never pass through the Despo Portal, it was one of two portals on the edge of the galaxy . The Despo Portal was an Ancient Portal , the Arcen said the portal was billions of years old and it was unknown who built it, all that is known is that the portal leads to space outside our Galaxy . The Arcen explained that the space between galaxies is ruled by an absence of light , they described it as two great snakes in perpetual darkness heaving and battling searching for any light to consume . There is no time in between galaxies so to be caught in this Darkness is to be caught in eternal torment by a force that feeds on flesh and blood . The Second Portal known simply as the Arcen Portal led to the closest Galaxy to ours , it was a galaxy that had been at War for 100,000 years but nonetheless was accessible to us . Each Galaxy has a single portal that leads to the adjacent Galaxy .

We as a people unfortunately never made it through the Arcen portal .

Much like the Apple in the garden of Eden of Earth's mythology , the Despo portal was just too much temptation for humans to pass up .

Several of Earth's exploration ships decided to pass through the despo portal and that was exactly one hundred years ago to the day , One of the Ships returned through the portal to our Galaxy finding its way to Earth . Darkness spread like a cancer on Earth and throughout all humans in the Galaxy , and so began the Fall .

A cataclysmic war between the Arcens and humans lasted for 100 years , Humans were wiped from the galactic community as we fall from planet to planet until we finally fall back to Earth and our population was reduced to our original 4 billion . Here we sit trapped on Earth in an eternal stone age.

edit on 27-9-2021 by asabuvsobelow because: More info and Grammar.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

I wanted to try and be funny in my intro with something corny like: "I've always enjoyed Love stories with a Happy Ending, and this isn't one of them", but I changed my mind.

That was a pretty heavy concept to grasp because it had all the right properties to become something I could visualize as a realistic future.

I enjoyed this and I wish you a hearty "Good Luck" in the Contest.
Johnny

edit on 9/27/2021 by JohnnyAnonymous because: Teeny tiny typos.. almost too small to see

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

PS.. I'll edit this out later.. but for now lets make your Story official and have you add "The End" to it.. Deal?
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

Agreed

I kind of got in a hurry because I felt myself droning on a bit much with the story so I ended it a bit quickly .

Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Great Story!

It. Sounds. So. Like. Us. Spooky vision of a potential future.
I hope in our future truth we can be better.
I don’t know, having reached my 60th decade I look around
and while we have certainly advanced in technology we are certainly not advancing in how we treat each other.
Myself, I fear for the children....

You have a knack for story telling, I can sense it.
Keep writing, play with it, grow into it just as I am trying to do.
You never know, maybe when you’ve been gone 100 years your writings will be mandatory reading in future college classrooms or you’ll have a cult like following the way
Gene Roddenberry of Star Trek fame is and they will use your original works to build on and create stories, movies and series loved by tens of millions world wide like Gene’s followers have done.
You never know.......no?

After all, the truly great artists only become only become famous after their gone.....or something like that.

What’s the moral to my words?

Keep writing but “WILL” your works to your family....LOL

Maybe you may not get rich but maybe they will and at the very least you’ll have had fun making that future for them possible...

I too, like to dream!

S&F’s

DaPirate......😎

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: Talk to text does not understand Swamp Yankee

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

If I had to choose between spooky ghost realm or land of eternal war I'd screw over humanity too.

At the same time though, is the implication that the other galaxy had already tried to go through the portal and that was the wrap up of the inevitable war? Are the Arcens really the evil ones feeding other species to the darkness?

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: oddscreenname

I cut the story short because this is a " Short story " contest , but I wanted to keep writing I had many more ideas . I may write more to it in my free time .

and yes people of the other Galaxy had gone through the Dark portal and it sparked a War , Perhaps the Arcens are evil but I cant say

Thank you for your interest.

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Nice

Star and flag 🚩 🌟

Out of interest. I think the parallel word to the name "Arcen" you used, "Archon" means "Conscience"

I haven't really properly looked into retranslating that particular word yet

I'm just doing a basic cognate of Enki/Arch, which mean "Conscious"

The same as "Christ", except that Christ is used in external perspective of conscious in relation to emotion (Jesus), and cognate to "Enlil" (Consciousness)

The modern equivalent to Enlil is Jesus Christ, which literally means "Emotional Conscious". We just don't properly understand perspective of conscious vs consciousness any more

Sumerians (which literally means "Emotional", the same as "Jesus") had a much better understanding than we do today

Enki = Conscious
Enki Ea = Conscious Mind
Enlil = Consciousness

Ea / Ra = Mind
Enki / Arch / Christ = Conscious
Angel / Ankh / Annunaki = Intelligence
Arch Angel = Conscious Intelligence
Thor / Thoth / Theos (God) = Thought

The purposed translation for Archon "Ruler/Magistrate" does lend to "Conscience" being the correct translation

It seems to fit with all the other pieces at least

Your story is almost exactly an "Adam and Eve" story for modern man

I like it

It feels like the preface for a book, or series of books. Getting people up to speed on where the story begins
edit on 28 9 21 by Compendium because: Spelling and added something

posted on Sep, 28 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It feels like the preface for a book, or series of books. Getting people up to speed on where the story begins
a reply to: Compendium

Pretty much yeah I had to condense a lot into a little .

Thank you for your kind words

top topics

join