It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Sigh** Gotta' come clean! Got a monkey on my back.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:38 PM
link   
ea reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Oh GAWD...don't even get me started on those pastry puffs!!

Love Bird Chicken? Ever had it?????

It's the most horrible thing you could ever try...NEVER eat it! You'll HATE it! /sarcasm

It is large chicken pieces covered in puff pastry with rosemary, butter and apricot jam on the chicken before being wrapped in the pastry, and then the pastry being buttered with a glaze of honey orange butter. Baked until golden brown.

OMG!!

ETA - OH, dammit...I forgot the gruyere cheese. Each piece of chicken is topped with gruyere cheese before the pastry!! Can't believe I forgot that!! Sorry!
edit on 9/26/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Does it have to be store chicken? Can I use Ayam Cemani and cover that in jam?

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Can even be "Kampong" chicken if you like, but don't forget the cheese...which I ETA'd to add. The cheese makes the dish. (can't believe I forgot to say it).

Do you even know what a "Kampong" chicken is???

edit on 9/26/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We were so far out in the jungle, for so long. Never thought I would ever do such a thing. To go back would have taken days. “Kampongs” were little ‘villages’, basically several huts of people who lived in the jungle. “Kampong Chickens” were a thing. We were no better than them.

We’d go into a makeshift “store” and ask for a chicken. They’d send he kids out back to catch one of the wild chicken which were everywhere…”Kampong chicken”.

“No roosters!....No roosters!”….but they didn’t understand. You got what you got…”Kampong chicken”

Best chicken I ever ate.

“You pluck it?”

“No, you pluck…two dollar”

“You pluck???”

“Okay….three dollar”

Okay…we take five…this many (holding fingers up).

Gawd, I MISS that place!!!!

True honesty at it's finest!!

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   

In nyc you can pay someone to sacrifice a chicken or goat for you for religious reasons for the good vibes. Mostly in the bronx.

Those chickens aren’t fancy

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm not much on Spanikopita, but have you ever tried Loukoumades? I really like making them. (And eating them!)

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

My wife makes this Greek spinach pie. It's called Spanikopita. She makes a big 9x14 pan of this stuff

Pics! Pics! Or it didn't happen.

I love spanikopita! Warm crispy spanikopita with tzatziki is one of the finer things in life. There's a Greek restaurant where I used to live that makes amazing homemade 'kopita, and pretty bangin' baba ganoush but I have yet to find a Greek restaurant in this new area that has either of those.

Have yet to attempt to make 'pitas myself.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
I have yet to find a Greek restaurant in this new area that has either of those.

Yes, that's a great idea! I have the same problem in that there aren't any nearby Greek restaurants, so my solution was to learn how to make my favorites myself. Now I make my own gyros, pita bread, tzatziki sauce, etc. and get to have those things from the comfort of my own home.

Edited to add:
Some pita bread I made:

edit on 26-9-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Added a picture of homemade pita bread.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

originally posted by: SirHardHarry
I have yet to find a Greek restaurant in this new area that has either of those.

Yes, that's a great idea! I have the same problem in that there aren't any nearby Greek restaurants, so my solution was to learn how to make my favorites myself. Now I make my own gyros, pita bread, tzatziki sauce, etc. and get to have those things from the comfort of my own home.

It was originally about finding the philo, but I think I solved that by finding some. That Greek restaurant has probably the best tzatziki i've had, fresh made daily with chunks of cucumber.

Then again. sometimes convenience wins.

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I LOVE Spanikopita Ans I LOVE baklava !!!! I can’t make either though , as thin Phyllo dough doesn’t like me …but I am Not shy about buying some ! … my husband hates both . He doesn’t like feta , and he thinks baklava is too sweet … it’s just more for me !!!

posted on Sep, 26 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I'm not much on Spanikopita, but have you ever tried Loukoumades? I really like making them. (And eating them!)

retina,

YOU COULD SEND ME A FEW DOZEN!!

I'll wash a few down with a cup (or two) of Greek coffee....

And sleep somtime next week!
edit on 26-9-2021 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2021 by Mantiss2021 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join