It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

COVID-19 patient in serious condition turned away by 120 hospitals in Tokyo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A Japanese man in serious condition due to symptoms of COVID-19 was turned away by more than 100 hospitals last week, it has been learned, reports NHK.

Earlier this month, the man, aged in his 50s and living in the capital, was recovering at home after testing positive for the novel coronavirus, which causes the disease COVID-19.

However, his condition became serious after his developed breathing problems two days later. After he alerted emergency services, the ambulance was turned away by about 120 hospitals.

Five hours later, he was admitted to Nippon Medical School Hospital in Bunkyo Ward.

The number of people infected with the coronavirus who are recuperating at home rose to 17,356 in Tokyo as of Monday, a sharp increase of 11.4 times over a month ago.

The situation at the Nippon Medical School Hospital reflects this trend, according to Dr. Shoji Yokobori, the director of the emergency medical center at the hospital

In August 270 died in their home or apartments of Covid. Yes, Japan is a great place to end your life of Covid.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Are the hospitals so overfilled or is it just making people wait until they are so sick the chances of dying are very high?

I won't believe the hospital overfilled lie anymore, numbers were faked in Germany and last I heard, numbers were exaggerated in some places outside Germany too. It's a huge scandal, because they lied to us about the free beds. It was all about money for those ICU units over reporting their bed usage to get more funding. ICU heads, not the ones doing actual work.

It's outrageous and tried being buried, the media ignores it.
edit on 23.9.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Are the hospitals so overfilled or is it just making people wait until they are so sick the chances of dying are very high?

I won't believe the hospital overfilled lie anymore, numbers were faked in Germany and last I heard, numbers were exaggerated in some places outside Germany too. It's a huge scandal, because they lied to us about the free beds. It was all about money for those ICU units over reporting their bed usage to get more funding. ICU heads, not the ones doing actual work.

It's outrageous and tried being buried, the media ignores it.

In Tokyo and surrounding prefectures consist of 34 million people, so yes, the hospitals ( many ) reject covid patients and that is a fact.

I was shocked when I first found out that they were just sent home, many recovered, but many die at home now too. And yes, at the work place a lot of stigma is very negative about people that have had Covid. In town we just had 3 7-11 shut their doors due to the staff being infected. Serious prejudice stuff going on in this country.
edit on 0900000000532021-09-23T19:53:00-05:00530009pm7 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Could it be that they reject because they can't handle COVID patients? Just trying to illuminate all possible corners of this.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Could it be that they reject because they can't handle COVID patients? Just trying to illuminate all possible corners of this.

Sorry, I should have included that. Its an important part of the situation in Tokyo. Actually very few hospitals really are set up for Covid patients. Many are privately owned hospitals, but I think all govt owned and university medical hospitals have the beds. It really is a serious shortage of qualified beds and staff here. The pay is not all that good here either for nurses too.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So that could have played a part in the rejections, I doubt though that the man had so much bad luck to hit 100 hospitals not suitable for COVID in a row.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   

So that could have played a part in the rejections, I doubt though that the man had so much bad luck to hit 100 hospitals not suitable for COVID in a row.

True. But did you read the post of mine about the lady with covid having to give birth at home because of being rejected and the baby died I guess on the way to the hospital in the ambulance.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have a hard time believing hospitals are being overwhelmed. As i dont believe the stats last year they claimed the same in Canada but hospitals weren't as they claimed.
edit on 23-9-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
100 hospitals ? I would think going to a busy hospital would take a minimum of 1 to 2 hours before they would even get to tell him they wouldn't take care of him.

Got any links would like to read more...

and here it is...let's see what it says Sounds like THIS was more for they were too busy than just turning him away chase he had COVID

www.ibtimes.com...

A seriously ill 50-year-old COVID-19 patient from Japan was turned away by approximately a hundred hospitals in Tokyo and had to be transported by an ambulance for eight hours before he was finally accepted by a medical facility, local media reported.

The unnamed man had called 119 — Japan's emergency number for fire and medical-related services — last week after he had become infected with the virus and started to have trouble breathing, local news network TBS reported.

An ambulance crew picked up the man and searched for a hospital, but they were reportedly refused admittance by at least 100 medical facilities due to his "poor posture," according to the outlet.

The man was finally accepted at a hospital about 50 kilometers (31 miles) away the next morning, or about eight hours after he had placed the emergency call.
edit on 23-9-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   

He was probably unvaxxed, my guess. You can go to the hospital , obese and coughing from smoking etc , but if you're unvaxxed you deserve to die.

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I'm a little confused. They're not discriminating because the people aren't vaccinated?

They're discriminating because people are sick with Covid-19, right?

If so, this is what happens when people are so scared of a disease they are afraid to treat it lest they get the illness as well.

It will be a shame if a true plague hits this planet because everyone will be SOL.

Out of curiosity, are the people getting ill vaccinated?

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
I'm a little confused. They're not discriminating because the people aren't vaccinated?

They're discriminating because people are sick with Covid-19, right?

If so, this is what happens when people are so scared of a disease they are afraid to treat it lest they get the illness as well.

It will be a shame if a true plague hits this planet because everyone will be SOL.

Out of curiosity, are the people getting ill vaccinated?

this country doesn't broadcast the side effects yet. l am waiting till next march , april and may when most newborns arrive. if many are haddicapped there is going to be mu ch saddness in this country

edit on 0900000019392021-09-23T22:39:19-05:00391909pm10 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Pay sucks for nurses almost everywhere. I looked at UK pay a few years ago and they made about the same as a Target cashier in high school.

posted on Sep, 24 2021 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Yes, that touched me personally and made me angry. I have personal experience with hospitals, very negative.

top topics

join