It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Wasp Sting is the Worst?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I don’t know what happened this summer but I was stung SIX times!

Two times by bald faced hornets. Oh my goodness, it felt like I had been shot, or shocked or kicked.
I actually cried. The other times were just smaller wasps, annoying and painful but nothing like the hornets.
I can’t even feel regular bee stings.
The crazy thing is I have regular pest control but this year has been the absolute worst.

I have been stung by a paper wasp too, and that made me swear but not as bad as the bald faced hornet.
So let’s hear it, what do you think is the most painful?

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
My vote goes to the bald face. I’m sure there are worse, but not in our state. Murder hornets possibly?

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Topcraft
My vote goes to the bald face. I’m sure there are worse, but not in our state. Murder hornets possibly?

The expert in the video says for him it’s the Southern Yellowjacket. To me at least here they aren’t even in the same ballpark as the bald face hornets.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 04:22 AM
link   
According to the Schmidt scale, it is the Tarantula Hawk.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The one that stings you in the nuts. 😉

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Bald face hornet for sure. They get pretty big too. I've always wondered how a mud dauber wasp sting would feel they can get pretty large also

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I present

The Executioner wasp

edit on 19-9-2021 by Jubei42 because: fixed link

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I was walking through the woods one day when I stepped on an underground hornets nest.
I was stung dozens of times. So many times that I passed out from it. I was homeless at the time.
After I woke up I shrugged it off and never went to a hospital.

Because i'm a redhead with very pale skin I still see some of the red dots where they got me.
Bees or at least the hornets that stung me do not sting randomly. They all stung me in the same spots.
Especially on my right side just below my armpit.

If I had been allergic to them I would for sure be dead. But I'm not. I didn't swell up or anything. I did have whelps and large bumps where they stung me though.

So my vote goes to underground hornets. I was in pain from that for weeks.
edit on 19-9-2021 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

Just the color of that thing scares me.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I don’t know what happened this summer but I was stung SIX times!

Two times by bald faced hornets. Oh my goodness, it felt like I had been shot, or shocked or kicked.
I actually cried. The other times were just smaller wasps, annoying and painful but nothing like the hornets.
I can’t even feel regular bee stings.
The crazy thing is I have regular pest control but this year has been the absolute worst.

I have been stung by a paper wasp too, and that made me swear but not as bad as the bald faced hornet.
So let’s hear it, what do you think is the most painful?

Love the hornet king and Jack's wildlife. Coyote Peterson thinks the worst was the executioner wasp.

For me, it is red paper wasps. We have them all over down south. They aren't overly aggressive but will light your azz up. Southern yellow jackets hurt but not as bad as paper wasps imho.

Hornets are bad. Kind of like yellow jackets.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
I present

The Executioner wasp

I was going to post that!

👏

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Not sure of the species but i was stung on the eyelid as a teenager while playing tennis. I've never experienced a headache like it, little bastards.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Several years ago, my friend, a fellow co-worker, whos was not allergic to wasp stings, was bush hogging the field beside his home and hit a stump that European hornets were living in. He was stung 3 times and barely made it to his home before he collapsed. Luckily his girlfriend saw him collapse and loaded him into their car and rushed him to the emergency room. They kept him 2 days and he was out from work for a week. They are an invasive species and are very common here in SC. One thing is they are not very aggressive unless you really disturb the nest.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I remember we had a nest of those in our outdoor toilet, decades ago. We left the nest alone and the following year they were gone.

They were annoying though. I remember often waking up in the night to the sound of their horrendous buzz and having to dance around my bedroom trying to shoe them out of the windows. Thankfully, I didn't get stung.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

I'm highly allergic to wasps and hornets. I was stung on the head by a hornet or yellow jacket when I was 9 years old. I had to be rushed to ER due to anaphylactic shock. My face and neck swelled up so bad, I couldn't breathe. For the next two years, I had to take weekly anti-venom shots to help build up my immunity and carry an epipen at all times.

If I get stung now, I generally just swell up more than most folks and start to feel a bit ill. However, depending on where they get me I still usually wind up in ER to be safe. Last time I got stung a couple of years ago, a yellow jacket got me about 3 times or so on my shoulder while riding my motorcycle. Little bugger some how got in my shirt while riding. I had to go to ER.

I have a sort of PTSD from that episode when I was a kid. If you ever want to see a 6 foot 250lb guy turn into a little b*tch, just get a yellow jacket flying around me. I take joy in every yellow jacket death.... they are a definition of nature being an azz. I know they are beneficial, but I wouldnt' hate them so much if they weren't so aggressive and bothersome. Hornest, paper wasps, honey bees, bumblebees generally leave you alone. But not yellow jackets.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Just nuke it from orbit....

Could you imagine just stumbling on to this nightmare?

Southern yellow jackets don't play.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:50 AM
link   
About a month ago i had these little devils in my shed. They looked like yellow jackets but where much smaller, tiny actually in comparison. I still do not know what they are. I hit em with a can of raid hornet spray did not phase them, hit em with brake cleaner, carburetor cleaner and finally oven cleaner did the job.

I got stung in the left thumb and chest a few times. Extremely painful for a couple days and whatever kind of venom they had i had big scabs after about 4days.

I wish i knew what species they are, can anyone identify them?

I included a pic of them in relation to a US penny for size comparison.

Thanks for any replies.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
🤷‍♂️ IDK but yellow jackets become “meat bees” in September and they are a pain in the azz!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuitaristRob
About a month ago i had these little devils in my shed. They looked like yellow jackets but where much smaller, tiny actually in comparison. I still do not know what they are. I hit em with a can of raid hornet spray did not phase them, hit em with brake cleaner, carburetor cleaner and finally oven cleaner did the job.

I got stung in the left thumb and chest a few times. Extremely painful for a couple days and whatever kind of venom they had i had big scabs after about 4days.

I wish i knew what species they are, can anyone identify them?

I included a pic of them in relation to a US penny for size comparison.

Thanks for any replies.

Yellow jackets

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: PiratesCut
🤷‍♂️ IDK but yellow jackets become “meat bees” in September and they are a pain in the azz!!!

They are more aggressive in fall right before hive dies for winter.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join