It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30% of all Working-Age Men in America Aren’t Doing Diddly-Squat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well I live in South Carolina and can attest to that! Bunch of lazy mfers. Yes, to them a road kill meal is like hitting the jack pot. All colors and all races.

Ha ha so after watching all those guys over there throughout Asia-Pacific chanting deeth to e merica and all those others just protesting the USA. I often wonders how they made money. Are they Gigolos? Well seems like USA Joe Six Pack has finally had enough of the you know who cartels. Along with the feminists and god knows what else.

Wake up merica?

You decide!

7 ways men live without working in America

It’s true that the pandemic, which of course produced a number of factors that made working more difficult never mind dangerous, pushed the labor participation rate to a record low. But the fact that millions of American males have not been working precedes COVID-19 by decades. In fact, the participation rate for men peaked at 87.4% in October 1949 and has been dropping steadily ever since. It now stands at 67.7%. As a business journalist for a good portion of those 70-plus years, I’ve looked at thousands of charts and graphs in my life, and I have to say this one is as jaw dropping as it is vexing:

edit on 18-9-2021 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 18-9-2021 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Ha ha so after watching all those guys over there throughout Asia-Pacific chanting deeth to e merica and all those others just protesting the USA. I often wonders how they made money. Are they Gigolos? Well seems like USA Joe Six Pack has finally had enough of the you know who cartels. Along with the feminists and god knows what else.

Wake up merica?

You decide!

7 ways men live without working in America

It’s true that the pandemic, which of course produced a number of factors that made working more difficult never mind dangerous, pushed the labor participation rate to a record low. But the fact that millions of American males have not been working precedes COVID-19 by decades. In fact, the participation rate for men peaked at 87.4% in October 1949 and has been dropping steadily ever since. It now stands at 67.7%. As a business journalist for a good portion of those 70-plus years, I’ve looked at thousands of charts and graphs in my life, and I have to say this one is as jaw dropping as it is vexing:

Heck, restaurants here have to close down due to no employees. For real.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

No one can find workers here. Both skilled and unskilled. Simply down here they work at not working. Just hunt en fish.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Tap US Life expectancy into google. You'll see an upward graph which shows people getting older and older. My bet is that a pretty substantial amount of that 30% is early retirees.

Then there's a whole group who feels they don't want or need to be part of the system

As for the groups mentioned by the OP: they're crowdfunded. They all have a Venmo/paypal or whatever donation service linked to all their social media accounts. It's the digital beggars generation/electronic leeches of society
edit on 18-9-2021 by NHow1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Maybe these men are burned out from working and just don't want to put up with it anymore? I can't tell you i am not them. My husband likes his job so he continues to work. he started working from home 3 years ago and he won't give it up. i used to work until I had twins, unfortunately my pay couldn't pay for daycare which would have been over a $1,000 a month. So, I quit, and then the insanity happened.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: liliththedestroyer

"Maybe these men are burned out from working and just don't want to put up with it anymore?"

Agree

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Same here, and some of them are very good ones that have been crushed with business for years and were still crushed with business up til the day they closed.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Another jaw dropper that ties into this one is close to 80% of Black women are single mothers.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

This week alone there have been 92 people shot in Chicago mainly inner black cities.

heyjackass.com...

It's all not doom an gloom though. The US Military uses Chicago ER rooms to train their medics for combat deployment.

news.wttw.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Possibly the logical outcome of increasingly broken families, an education system that prioritizes girls and their needs, and a society that is overall hostile to men in general.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Can't really blame the Op entirely, the article headline itself is more than a little misleading. The article talks about alternate ways people are supporting themselves instead of slaving away still, such as day traders & early retirees. Also mentions under-the-table work/illegal sales of stuff, etc for income, but come on, that's like lumping in people with mental health issues because it deliberately sinks positive numbers lower. It's not honest.

Some of those above board examples being --

It’s important to note that every man in this group has his own story. They range from mentally ill homeless men who desperately need our help, to the I’m-doing-just-fine-thank-you-very-much, retired early, and former Silicon Valley coder.

-Early retirement, pensions, disability and lawsuits

Admittedly, this is a bit of a hodgepodge. And as is the case with many of these categories, hard data is tough to come by, but it is the case that millions of men under 64 are at least partly living off of pensions and 401(k)s. This would include everything from C-suite executives to union members.

-Savings, trading stocks, and bitcoin

Consider now men are living off savings, or from money made in the market or maybe even selling NFTs. How many is it exactly? Who knows, but quite a few for sure.

I think the ire has more to do with people saying "Screw it". I don't blame too many for not wanting to be yet another pointlessly competing Jones married to a materialistic Karen, stuck with the job for the next 40 years and the cost of the divorce for maybe 30 of them.
What, people are actually hot to clock in to get that newest, hottest "smart" kitchen appliance that badly? I really doubt that if they were to reflect with honesty, but maybe folks should rethink some Gotta-Have-It priorities instead, they might be able to retire a bit earlier that way. < snaps fingers > Kinda like the example given in the article, hey!

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Not working causes severe mental problems. Mainly depression and a defeatism mentality to stop trying. Even for retirees. Good mental health can only be achieved by doing something productive that brings joy to others which in turn brings joy to the person and a purpose in life.

I've had this conversation with unemployed and retirees and they have all expressed this sentiment. Most do want to work. Most do want to do something useful and good. I've also talked to them after they found that purpose and it's an amazing transformation and inspiring.

The saddest part is Fauci refused to listen to experts on how to tackle the pandemic. Many experts were screaming his restrictive lockdown stance would cause more harm than good and it did. The masks and distancing would have been enough but more importantly, warning the obese they really should lose weight since the virus has killed majority obese people. He refused.

And he's still doing it.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Spot on.
Broken families (read ‘alimony’), Uncle Sam displacing Dad, corporations self-imposed Diversity thresholds, colleges self-imposed Diversity admissions, stagnant wages while companies expect people to do the job of two employees for the price of one, Pound Me Too (‘guilty until proven innocent’)… Then the drugs or alcohol kick in which leads to a vicious circle of more Broken Homes. Add in Offshoring jobs (even White Collar jobs like Accounting and Engineering) and the picture gets even more bleak.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Another jaw dropper that ties into this one is close to 80% of Black women are single mothers.

This week alone there have been 92 people shot in Chicago mainly inner black cities.

heyjackass.com...

It's all not doom an gloom though. The US Military uses Chicago ER rooms to train their medics for combat deployment.

news.wttw.com...

That sounds jaw dropping until you read the article and "single" actually means "unmarried". I'm sure plenty of those mothers don't have any support from the child's father, but it sounds way worse than it is. I'm sure we all know plenty of people who have kids together and raise them effectively without being married.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

There is still a psychological impact on the child. Having live in partner mom and dad is not the same as having the stability of married mom and dad. Research has shown this. There is always that anxiety at play and it does affect the children.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

heyjackass.com...

news.wttw.com...

That sounds jaw dropping until you read the article and "single" actually means "unmarried". I'm sure plenty of those mothers don't have any support from the child's father, but it sounds way worse than it is. I'm sure we all know plenty of people who have kids together and raise them effectively without being married.

The problems associated with women raising children solo are very real. Same for a father raising them solo. Any culture attempting to raise children with one parent or legal guardian will ultimately fail. Sure, there are some outlining success stories but the rate of success in that system are few and far between. Children in that system are missing many things that science can't measure. Love, respect, sympathy, empathy, trust, responsibility. Science has no use for these things.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Right, all I'm saying is all of these women aren't raising the kids alone, they just aren't married to the childrens father.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

horrifying aspect of those stats is how bout 60-70 years ago black families were the most stable in the US bar none.

then some progressives decided they needed saving...

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:47 AM
link   
What's going to happen when their parents die off?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Why does this bother you?
Why does it bother your that 30% of men don't work?
What percentage of women don't work? Why does this not bother you?
If men "should" work, then women "should" work.

So here is a guy who lives the life he desires without working . . . and somehow "you" think this is a bad thing.
And what cracks me up is I can't tell if you are liberal or conservative.
I know why a conservative wants you to work. Because you are a lazy good for nothing freeloader and they are not going to pay for your free #.
I know why the liberal wants you to work. Because they are a lazy good for nothing freeloader and if you don't work then they don't get free #.

But honestly, if you could, . . . wouldn't you "not work"?

edit on 18-9-2021 by sraven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Part of the problem was the incentive to ditch the family structure written into the welfare code.

You can be married and just barely scraping by, living in poverty by most standards, or you can be single parent and get all the goodies the state offers, essentially replacing daddy with the state which is what happened in a lot of cases. And once you are in the system and hooked, it's hard to get off because there is no gradual weaning. It's all or nothing, so it's hard to get to a place where you can replace all that income you are losing in benefits with a single person's job or even the lower tier jobs of two people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join