It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Sematary 2 Soundtrack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Hi ATS

Hope anyone who reads this is having a good night!

Have you ever waited through all the credits just to try to catch the name/artist of a track you just heard?
I remember watching Pet Sematary 2 in the theater when it first came out, falling in love with the music, and doing just that.
Don't think I ever tracked the songs down until today, though!
Was anyone else here impressed by the Pet Sematary 2 soundtrack?

The instrumentals are really just as good.

edit on 16-9-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Have you ever waited through all the credits just to try to catch the name/artist of a track you just heard?
Many many times.

I've just recently started using Netflix. A couple days I ago, I noticed that they sometimes show the name of the Artist/Song in the subtitles as soon as the song starts. I'm not sure how common that is, but I've seen it on a couple different shows. That's something I've wanted for a long time.

Long before I was able to pause/rewind live TV, there were a few times when I would wait through all the credits and yet still somehow miss the song credits. Sometimes it was because they sped them up and they were too fast to read everything, or the times when they would shrink down the credits to the upper corner of the screen, and other times when they just weren't where they were supposed to be (at the very end). I really hated that.

Now to the topic; No, I can't remember anything about the Pet Sematary 2 soundtrack/score, but will check out those videos here in a little bit.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokenCircles

Long before I was able to pause/rewind live TV, there were a few times when I would wait through all the credits and yet still somehow miss the song credits. Sometimes it was because they sped them up and they were too fast to read everything, or the times when they would shrink down the credits to the upper corner of the screen, and other times when they just weren't where they were supposed to be (at the very end). I really hated that.

Yes, all those things have happened to me as well! Glad it's so much easier now to track down good music.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I was looking at the Pet Sematary Two soundtrack on Discogs.

Then I went to Jan Kings page and saw she had been in an all-girl band called The Orchids

Then I saw this picture, and thought it was pretty amusing...

...because if I didn't know any better, I'd think that↑ was 1 girl + 4 guys in drag. lol

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Lol, I can see what you mean! (especially that lady in the middle!)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The Ramones song is still the best.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That was in the credits of the first film, wasn't it?

You're right. It was perfect (especially since Blitzkrieg Bop featured in the book)

edit on 17-9-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
That was in the credits of the first film, wasn't it?

You're right. It was perfect (especially since hey ho let's go featured in the book)

Correct.

And the story about how Dee Dee wrote that in a hour is great. King had them over his house when they were on tour, as he is a huge Ramones fan, and gave Dee Dee a copy of the novel. He went into the basement and came out an hour later with the entire song which they used in the closing credits.

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Haven't seen Pet Sematary 2 yet, but I just want to take this opportunity to say that I have loved old horror movie scores for as long as I can remember. It's one of the reasons I love horror as a genre overall.
Some of my favorites:

Phantasm

Child's Play

Candyman

Unsolved Mysteries (Not Horror, but same genre/type of song)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

I love horror movie music/scores too!

Thanks for posting these. I'll check them out and let you know what I think (I've always loved the Unsolved Mysteries theme).

I really love the music in the original Susperia (the remake was awful; don't even remember the music but the film was terrible).

edit on 17-9-2021 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Thanks for the feedback!
I surprisingly have not seen Suspiria.. but I have heard of it.

That time of the year is coming up though!
Every fall my wife and I try to watch at least one horror movie a week.
This will be on the list for sure.
Quick bonus horror theme...
I just recently watched this for the first time since I was a kid. For as goofy as this movie is, it made me feel very uncomfortable to watch.
It's not scary, just very eerie.

edit on 17-9-2021 by o0oTOPCATo0o because: (no reason given)

top topics

join