It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATCH: Students sign petition to abolish the U.S. Constitution

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This short video was posted by Campus Reform and is yet another example of our "education system" in action...

Dozens of students signed the petition.

“It should be abolished,” one student said. “It’s time for a new Constitution.”

One student claimed the Constitution is the root of America’s issues. “It’s one of them, you can also lead it back to capitalism,” the student added.

Article Link
Other complaints:
It was written by rich old white men for rich old white men.
It is representative of the "patriarchy".
It wasn't written for the 21st century.
It needs to be more "inclusive".
...and so on.

At least there was one student in the video defending it. I'm sure the video was a bit of pick and choose to show the worst and best, but it isn't a farce. I've seen and heard these very same ideas IRL and online.

Some people still haven't figured out the problem isn't the document, as much as it is public servants who see themselves above the law of the land and have exempted themselves from it. It is up to We The People to hold their feet to the fire.

Go ahead, abolish the constitution. See what happens.
edit on 9/16/2021 by Klassified because: add vid and remark

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Just another sign of these dark times. If humanity makes it another 100 years this time will be heralded as the modern dark age. So many dumb people today.

edit on 9/16/2021 by americanbuffalo1 because: cause smart phones are stupid

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

So #ing sad, these people are brainwashed and don't even know their history

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Tests are in progress and on time for a suspended Constitution mid 2022. Not far fetched. It's happening 😑

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   

"I've started a petition"
Got to love their naivety but what will actually happen ?
Nothing.

Students protest stuff , always have and always will.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The irony is that they have the freedom to protest against the Constitution because of the Constitution. Get rid of the Constitution and there goes their freedoms to protest it. It seems they don't think these things through to the logical conclusion.
edit on 16-9-2021 by QFlux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
From what I have seen with Mark Dice, people will sign anything you hold out at them.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

It would just be replaced by another. Has happened many times in countries throughout the world.

What do you think would happen?

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

It would just be replaced by another. Has happened many times in countries throughout the world.

That's exactly what "THEY" want you to think 😃

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I suppose this is an appropriate opportunity to point out that internet petitions don't actually do anything. If it's not on a ballot, it's essentially worthless.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:54 PM
link   

They shouldn't make the same mistake Republicans made in attempting to abolish ObamaCare.

First write the new Constitution, have a nationwide vote. If the new one is accepted, dismantle the old one.

Common Sense and logic are foreign to so many...sigh.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

"I've started a petition"
Got to love their naivety but what will actually happen ?
Nothing.

Students protest stuff , always have and always will.

that part is just a way to legitimize the conversation. The petition is fake. They were trying to elicit ideas from stupid people to prove that stupid people are indeed on college campuses.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Seriously attempting to abolish the constitution would start an armed conflict that would make the civil war look like police action.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And how many of these students are in the political science program? I wouldn't accept any signatures unless they can demonstrate a basic grasp of history by correctly answering 10 random questions about the constitution and the officials who penned it. I would have maybe 30 or 40 questions prepared to "screen" any applicants who believe they are qualified to sign. Let's see who is smarter than your average high school sophomore LOL!

And then we can discuss what steps should be taken to improve the quality of the constitution, if any.
edit on 16-9-2021 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Like I said, history shows, by example in many countries, that that is what happens.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Considering the political climate in the USA at present, China 2.0.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
I suppose this is an appropriate opportunity to point out that internet petitions don't actually do anything. If it's not on a ballot, it's essentially worthless.

I would hope anyone watching this video understands that.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I do not believe their is anything wrong with reviewing and updating the Constitution to be more applicable or accurate to the United States as it is currently vs in 1787.

What I am 100% against is abolishing it fully or removing core beliefs from it.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

I also suppose this is an appropriate time to point out, thats not the point of this activity. Whether it accomplishes that objective it moot, its not what the action is for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join