It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicides in Japan on the rise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This Covid is really taking its toll over here. Although its still September, suicides have increase over 1000 by this time last year.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented health and economic challenges, especially for the most vulnerable, which has already seen 12,452 people die by suicide this year. That is 1,009 more than this time last year.
I don't know about your country's suicide rate. But in America, I would think suicide and drug overdose is the same.

I think it says in the Holy Bible: You can't enter the Kingdom of Heaven if you kill yourself.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

It's awful. It isn't just Japan either...

I expect it will become even worse if "vaccine" passports are enforced.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Japan's mental healthcare system is a mess. There is an acute shortage of psychiatrists in Japan. Psychiatrists and clinical psychologists also seldom work together in Japan. A patient is often prescribed meds by the shrink and not advised to see a clinical psychologist. And unlike in the U.S., there is no government-mandated system of training and qualifying clinical psychologists.

Japanese society has always been a stressful society to be a part of and people in Japan are under a lot more stress right now, just like the people of every other country. I think the increased stressors, combined with their sense of amae, is what is increasing suicides.

Last I heard, Christians only make up 1% of Japans population, so I don't think many of them are concerned about the kingdom of heaven. My wife is Japanese and says "my people believe that suicide victims often turn into angry ghosts".
edit on 15 9 2021 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

Well I feel bad for all of those Kamikaze pilots.

The Pacific must have a lot of angry ghosts.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Japan's mental healthcare system is a mess. There is an acute shortage of psychiatrists in Japan. Psychiatrists and clinical psychologists also seldom work together in Japan. A patient is often prescribed meds by the shrink and not advised to see a clinical psychologist. And unlike in the U.S., there is no government-mandated system of training and qualifying clinical psychologists.

Japanese society has always been a stressful society to be a part of and people in Japan are under a lot more stress right now, just like the people of every other country. I think the increased stressors, combined with their sense of amae, is what is increasing suicides.

Last I heard, Christians only make up 1% of Japans population, so I don't think many of them are concerned about the kingdom of heaven. My wife is Japanese and says "my people believe that suicide victims often turn into angry ghosts".

It would be nice if your wife posted on the forum about Japan. My Japanese wife really doesn't tell me what is going on here. Have to figure it out by myself.
By the way, are also in Japan ?

Government hospitals with University attach to them most likely have both a shrink and clinical psychologist . Most shrinks here are under 32 years of age. Only the assistant professors and professors of psychiatry are older and old schooled in my opinion .
Also note, here they cassify you as 1 or 2 or 3 level of disability in psychiatry . Level 3 means the worst and usually applies to schizophrenia type of people. Sadly most live like this : かごのとり Your wife knows what that means.

All a doc can really do is an MRI, blood test, give out dope, hopefully it works, but I personally know 3 patients, no drug has been able to put them back in the workforce.

I think in America, shrinks are looked upon as quacks. In Japan, there is some truth to that. At less then then 6 bucks an outpatient visit or at private hospital its about 13 bucks for some reason, yet they take National Health Insurance. Type of drug, lets say Resperdal for one month will run the patient ( 1 mg ) about 3 USD. Here , the mental patients only have to pay 10% of the cost for any MENTAL related visits. But 30% for all other medical treatment, but there is a program also where I believe that Class 3 patients unable to anything get free medical and a govt. allowance. ( but this is not my area of knowledge so it can vary which it does from city to city, that I know for sure )

The handicap usually gets free bus passes and 10 discount taxi fares, I guess they expect them to go to the grocery store once a month for 10 months ( sad but true ).

Personally the mental health system here can't help the patient with those that don't have FAMILY support and ALL doctors know that, so they just keep them drugged out of their mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I am not sure if they became angry ghosts or not. What they did was considered honorable.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Suicide in Japan is apart of there culture .

It's seen as an Honorable way out , so an increase of suicides in japan is not really surprising .

It's just and Option for Japanese people in there society.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Being doomed to eternity as an angry ghost doesn't sound very honourable to me...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If I could get my wife to use the internet, I would show her ATS. She has no interest in the internet. I was stationed at Misawa during the 90s,and lived in Iwaki as a civilian for a few years, but right now we are living in the U.S. I am planning for us to live in Japan when I feel I am close to dying. She couldn't make it in the U.S. without me to take care of even the basics. Hopefully, I get the timing right. I'd prefer not to live there any longer than I need to. I found it stressful to live there as a civilian.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

if you don't mind l send pm to you.
almost same situation. Yokota AB and Kadena AB for me Vietnam Veteran.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

It's awful. It isn't just Japan either...

I expect it will become even worse if "vaccine" passports are enforced.

These vax passports are going to back fire.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I think it says in the Holy Bible: You can't enter the Kingdom of Heaven if you kill yourself.

No, the Holy Bible does not say that. What it does say is this: Jesus died on the cross for the world's sins, even those people to come that weren't born yet. Even if you considered suicide a sin, Jesus already died for that sin and you can still be saved and go to heaven. I don't think God wants us to commit suicide, because we can contribute so much. He doesn't want us to commit any sins, but He knew we were human and were going to, so that's why He sent His Son to die for all our sins. I don't think true Christians commit suicide because they've been born again. So, if somebody commits suicide, of course he's not going to heaven - he wasn't saved to begin with.

By the way, I was a PK.

TCB

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Did you send a pm? I'm not seeing one.

posted on Sep, 16 2021 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

Did you send a pm? I'm not seeing one.

Later in the day I'll get one out to you. An interesting life I've had here. You are lucky you moved to the States .

top topics

join