It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The grass is blue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Saw this in a feed today and thought it was very appropriate for this place....
so I'll just leave it here
no harm intended

The donkey told the tiger, "The grass is blue."
The tiger replied, "No, the grass is green ."
The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.

As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming:
′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"
The lion replied: "If you believe it is true, the grass is blue."
The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me.
Please punish him."
The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 3 days of silence."
The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."

The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"
The lion replied, ′′You've known and seen the grass is green."
The tiger asked, ′′So why do you punish me?"
The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green.
The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass,
and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"

The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment,
and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

It's also a good allegory for the idea of false equivalence. Facts trump opinions every time.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Would it matter if this allegorical discussion took place in the Great State of Kentucky, where, as everyone knows, for an absolute fact!, that "blue grass"...

Is A Thing?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:15 PM
link   
So, the question is are you the grass is blue sort of person? You understand the allegory, what if it applies to you?

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Would it matter if this allegorical discussion took place in the Great State of Kentucky, where, as everyone knows, for an absolute fact!, that "blue grass"...

Is A Thing?

No.

Because in Kentucky, like most other places around the world nowadays, there are people who believe the sky is green.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I swear before God as I was working my way down the posts here I was going to immediately go and find this clip. Haha! You beat me to it...

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KindraLabelle2
Saw this in a feed today and thought it was very appropriate for this place....
so I'll just leave it here
no harm intended

The donkey told the tiger, "The grass is blue."
The tiger replied, "No, the grass is green ."
The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, so they approached the lion.

As they approached the lion on his throne, the donkey started screaming:
′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"
The lion replied: "If you believe it is true, the grass is blue."
The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me, contradicts me and annoys me.
Please punish him."
The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 3 days of silence."
The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating ′′The grass is blue, the grass is blue..."

The tiger asked the lion, "Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"
The lion replied, ′′You've known and seen the grass is green."
The tiger asked, ′′So why do you punish me?"
The lion replied, "That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green.
The punishment is because it is degrading for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with an ass,
and on top of that, you came and bothered me with that question just to validate something you already knew was true!"

The biggest waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions.Never waste time on discussions that make no sense. There are people who, for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand. Others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment,
and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.

When IGNORANCE SCREAMS, intelligence moves on.

This should be a mandatory read for all new members...just to prepare them for the donkeys that love so this field.

posted on Sep, 15 2021 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I thought to add quickly this...

1 Timothy 6:20
O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:

2 Timothy 2:16
But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

top topics

join