It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fly high, Gannon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I had been avoiding details of the Letecia Stauch preliminary hearing because I knew it would be bad. I could not have imagined it was this bad. Really an illustration of the depths of depravity that humanity is capable of. Gannon Stauch was an 11 year old boy from Colorado Springs who was allegedly murdered by his step-mother Letecia while his father was away for National Guard training. She initially told police he had gone to a friend's house and not come home.

I followed Gannon's case from the beginning, from the very first ridiculous missing person poster that his step-mother Letecia put out. How it said he stayed home "sick" and yes she did put the word sick in quotation marks on the poster, just to illustrate a little bit more of her deep hatred of an 11 year old boy who did nothing wrong.

What really happened is far, far worse. After claiming that Gannon was sick from school and texting in to her own recently acquired teaching job (yes, this woman was an elementary school teacher), telling her job that her step-dad just got hit by a car (outright lie), she took "sickly" Gannon with her to a Petco about 35 minutes from their home. We don't know yet what happened in the intervening 2 hour gap between the first Letecia sighting at the Petco and her return trip to Petco 2 hours later. At neither point was Gannon actually seen on surveillance footage. When Gannon gets into the car at the house, he does not appear injured.

When she arrives home, she is seen on surveillance, but Gannon is not leading to immediate wild speculation that she had killed Gannon and dumped his body somewhere in all the Petco excursions. However, investigators believe she did bring him home and kill him in his own bed, as evidenced by the huge bloodstain found under his bed which stained the carpet pad and concrete below.

The night before all this activity, there had been some type of incident in the home. After heavy suspicion fell on her, Letecia posted a video on her Facebook of the incident that night in an attempt to quell rumors and vindicate herself. Letecia was nothing if not active on social media, blaming Gannon's biological mom, who lives in South Carolina for him being missing. However the video did nothing but fan the flames. In it, Gannon can be heard whimpering and crying as she demands he "tell me you didn't do it on purpose" and he is so.....distraught, crying. Many people believe they hear him say "I'm bleeding" in the video. In a demented twist, shortly before her arrest, she posted a video she had taken of Gannon in Hawaii, seemingly waving goodbye and jumping off a dock. This would prove prophetic.

Letecia had fled, 3 days after Gannon was reported missing. She had seemingly gone back to South Carolina and the cops were mum about the whole situation. Letecia continued to bait social media, by doing a telephone interview where she repeatedly blames Landon, his biological mom for his disappearance and actually makes the statement that whoever did it is probably miles away thinking that the cops aren't even looking at them. Wow. Truth.

Letecia also attempted to obtain fake polygraph results in order to present them to a reporter from Crime Online and "prove" her innocence.

Ultimately, Letecia Stauch was arrested for Murder, but Gannon's body had not yet been found. A couple weeks after her arrest, roadway construction workers in Escambia County, Florida found a suitcase containing his body under a highway overpass. Letecia had driven all the way from Colorado to Florida with an 11 year old boy's dead body in a suitcase. With her daughter, aunt and another party yet to be named.

At the preliminary hearing, we learned some gruesome details about Gannon's murder. He was beaten, had a skull fracture and broken ribs, stabbed 18 times and shot in the head. He had defensive wounds on his hands and I hope he fought like hell against this absolute beast of a woman. Somehow, Letecia managed to clean up the blood in about a 3 hour time period so well on the surface of the carpet, that when the police entered the house to look around initially when Gannon was reported as a "runaway" they noticed nothing amiss.

www.denverpost.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

Foe some reason, I thought about this a couple of days ago and wondered where it stood, but I couldn't remember enough details to do a search.

Sick stuff.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I cannot fathom the depths someone must sink to in order to do that to another person.

Monster doesn't begin to cover it.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

September 23rd is the next hearing. I don't think there is any doubt she will be bound for trial. I am interested to know whether she will be subject to the death penalty. Colorado did end the death penalty but it only affects cases after July 2020 so she could still potentially face the death penalty. She is charged with 13 felonies.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is clear she was extremely disgruntled at being a step-mother and trying to find a new husband from the internet searches she made that have been released so far. If she didn't want to be a step-mom, why get involved with a man who had children? She has a daughter of her own and was an elementary school teacher.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I followed this case over on Websleuths, from the beginning. That POS evil step woman....visited a bike shop in my town.
I knew she was guilty and figured it was horrible what she did....but my imagination did not take me as far as what the truth is.
I hope horrible things upon her.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   
David Morgan was sheriff of Escambia County at that time. There is no question that Morgan is a corrupt, evil SOB. his friends and connections are all that keeps him off death row.

That said, I find it curious that this "step-mother" passed by mountains, deserts, swamps and the Gulf of Mexico to deposit the child's remains under an overpass in Morgan's jurisdiction.

It might be coincidence. It might also be something the investigators and states attys office do not want to get involved in but Morgan has been linked to other similar and equally heinous crimes.

top topics

join