It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Stockpiling High-Tech Small Arms (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Iran is stockpiling thousands of high-tech small arms and other equipment according to an internal UN document, arms dealers and Western diplomats Iran claims this military equipment is needed to help fight drug smugglers.

Bush fears the arms could be used to spy on US operations in Iraq or Afghanistan or any US reconnaissance in Iran.

story.news.yahoo.com
Iran is quietly building a stockpile of thousands of high-tech small arms and other military equipment — from armor-piercing snipers' rifles to night-vision goggles — through legal weapons deals and a U.N. anti-drug program, according to an internal U.N. document, arms dealers and Western diplomats.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran may need the arms to help fight the drug smugglers coming in from Afghanistan border, but I'm sure if they could use it to spy on US operations, they would.

The strict embargo US has on Iran for supporting terrorist organizations and trying to build nuclear arms may prevent them from getting more of these items.

I doubt Irans real reasons for wanting the arms, is to prevent the drug smugglers from bringing in their drugs. They know their time is short and they are preparing for war.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, jeez, you wonder why...The US has been talking smack about invading Iran for almost two decades. Then, they invade Iraq, and have a staging ground right next door. If I were Iran, I'd be doing the same, jsut to guarantee my national sovereignty. Private citizens smuggling arms to Iraq would take second seat to the wolf at the door.

DE

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
I doubt Irans real reasons for wanting the arms, is to prevent the drug smugglers from bringing in their drugs. They know their time is short and they are preparing for war.

Ok so, do you expect Iran to *not* prepair for some kind of military action from the US... after months of talking up a possible attack?!

c'mon.

If someone kept telling you every day they were going to beat you up, would you not try to prepair to defend yourself?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Originally posted by Ycon

Ok so, do you expect Iran to *not* prepair for some kind of military action from the US... after months of talking up a possible attack?!

c'mon.

If someone kept telling you every day they were going to beat you up, would you not try to prepair to defend yourself?

I did not say, I didn't expect Iran to prepare for war. I do expect them to prepare. Thats why I said what I did. They don't need the arms for stopping drug smugglers, they are preparing.

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Too bad we're a representative republic. Then we wouldn't have to inform the people of our intentions, thus telegraphing our plans to our enemies.

Oh well, let them stockpile their small-arms. What are they going to accomplish with them?

posted on Mar, 25 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Too bad we're a representative republic. Then we wouldn't have to inform the people of our intentions, thus telegraphing our plans to our enemies.

Oh well, let them stockpile their small-arms. What are they going to accomplish with them?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Not alot if you idiot Americans allow your country to Nuke them, which is almost a certainty should you choose to go to war... Which I think you probably will...

join