It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banned vitamin/herbs/treatments?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I'm looking for help on something that was discussed here, apologies up front for how vague this is, but its been driving me nuts trying to remember.

Some supplement/vitamin/herbal, or substance that was being treated as if it was dangerous, even being banned in some places if I remember.

I think it had an acronym, but I don't think it was NAD. NOT CBD either, but I think someone here mentioned it was helpful in a relatives cancer treatment.

If you just list 50 things, I'll probably recognize the name again.

Big thanks for any help!

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Was it NAC? The morons banned it because it was too close to some thing some pharmaceutical company didn’t like. Was going to see if it helped me son.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   

N-acetylcysteine?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can still get it here. www.swansonvitamins.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 10:21 PM
link   

You can still buy it. And this is the best place to do so.

www.swansonvitamins.com...

I bought 20 bottles when I saw that thread.

Ironically, the one I bought (the best one) is sold out. Sorry…..

ETA, shoulda read all the posts….

edit on 10-9-2021 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc

Mostly, it's only Amazon that banned it.
Other places still sell it.

Also, check into lysine as an anti-viral.

Check this out as well....
www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The FDA tried to limit NAC supplements because they say it is a pharmaceutical medication because it was discovered by pharma companies. It is a natural substance in everyones body and in most animals bodies. It should never have been considered a pharmaceutical drug. It is used in some meds to moderate the reaction and it is in some inhalers. It still is a natural product, it cannot be banned legally, but the FDA is trying to change the rules again.

NAC can also be used to calm the mind. It mellows people and unless someone has a genetic defect in sulfur metabolism it is usually safe to use for the majority of people. I suppose there will be some that are intolerant to it, but there are not a lot of negative side effects of it when used in moderation. One cup of my homemade chicken soup probably contains ten of the smaller tablets I have in stock. NAC is plentiful in our bodies unless you have certain metabolic problems then supplementation helps. Sometimes there is too much in the body though, when you lack an enzyme to turn it into a different bodily molecule supplementation would not be beneficial.

NAC does help with some types of asthma, that is why it is in certain asthma meds or breathing meds. Nac is natural in meats but if cooked to over two hundred five degrees it gets bound to something and is not bioavailable, even a well done steak is only one hundred eighty in the center or less, NAC is a part of meat, even medium well there is plenty of bioavailable NAC left, I can't tell you if it is destroyed by microwaves though, that is different than cooking with regular heat.

NAC is N-acetyl cysteine. Not to be confused with N-acetyl carnatine which has different properties. NAC is similar to Taurine and both actually have some protective abilities against the virus turning covid. A deficiency in these in the body increases the risk of covid, so taking a lot if you are not deficient won't actually help, same as with vitamin D. NAC is not a cure for covid, only a natural chemistry that Dampens an Over Reaction of the immune system.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

You are right about L-Lysine, I give it to the cat to stop his coughing and it works. It is a competitive chemistry to L argentine which is used by certain viruses including coronaviruses to replicate so it dampens or slows replication allowing our immune system more time to figure out how to fight it. I keep forgetting about L lysine when I mention stuff, but it is common in some foods that people eat. But again, it is not that heat stable, temperatures of about a hundred twenty or more for like twenty to twenty five minutes can cause it to lose it's properties. Supplements are pretty cheap too.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Laetrile comes to mind. Supposedly doesn't work and has bad side effects.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

IIRC, the thing you have to remember is to not eat foods that at high in l arginine when taking lysine therapeutically.
I think chocolate is one thing to avoid.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Wow I forgot about Codex, I remember first hearing about it in this site almost 20 years ago. Few things really irritate me but the FDA and the interactions with the supplement industry really grinds my gears.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

IIRC, the thing you have to remember is to not eat foods that at high in l arginine when taking lysine therapeutically.

Yeah, chocolate.....we just went to Walmart yesterday and I saw a display of hersheys bars. six pack of full size hersheys bars dated a year from now with smores written on the label. A buck for the six pack....we bought nine packages. When the kids come over it is nice to have a snack for them and their kids and their kids kids. Boy does that make me feel old. Then we have halloween in a month and a half although it is just an excuse, we never get anyone come out trick or treating here unless we don't have any candy. I have a solution to get the kids and grandkids and great grandkids to come trick or treating here this year, I am going to make a pile of Pasty's on halloween, that will ensure we have trick or treaters here, heck, my brother and his wife will probably dress up and come over if there are pasties. Not one trick or treater in five or six years, but using halloween as an excuse to buy candy is always appropriate.

posted on Sep, 11 2021 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Wow, thank you've everyone! I'm pretty sure it was NAC, I heard something about NAD drips and it reminded me, so makes sense it's a similar acronym

posted on Sep, 12 2021 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Strange that you mentioned this and a couple of days later I see this article dealing with a deficiency of lysine methyltransferase enzyme SETDB2 that causes problems in different conditions including covid. Now this is an enzyme deficiency, but if you increase the lysine, the enzyme might also increase to create homeostasis.

scitechdaily.com...

There are interferon chemistries in some foods that might also help to increase the enzyme
edit on 12-9-2021 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join