It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name Your Favorite Pharmaceutical Side-Effect

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheMirrorSelf

The side-effect of the cure for Dipsy-Doodleitis is a massive hangover.
Because the cure was to spend a weekend partying in Frantic-City, with the Water-Buffaloes !

Squawk !! Doctor's a plumber ! Squawk !!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Mirapex can cause compulsive behavior.

In August 2008, a man who claimed that Mirapex caused his gambling addiction won an $8.2 million lawsuit against its makers, Pfizer and Boehringer Ingelheim

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

DOSAGE: take two tablets every six hours for joint pain.

SIDE EFFECTS: This drug may cause joint pain, nausea, head-ache, or shortness of breath. You may also experience muscle aches, rapid heartbeat, and ringing in the ears. If you feel faint, call your doctor. Do not consume alcohol while taking this pill; likewise, avoid red meat, shellfish, and vegetables. O.K. foods: flounder. Under no circumstances eat yak. Men can expect painful urination while sitting, especially if the penis is caught between the toilet seat and the bowl. Projectile vomiting is common in thirty percent of users-sorry, fifty per cent. If you undergo disorienting nausea accompanied by migraine and raspy breathing, double the dosage. Leg cramps are to be expected; one knee-buckler per day is normal. Bowel movements may become frequent-in fact, every ten minutes. If bowel movements become greater than twelve per hour, consult your doctor, or any doctor, or just anyone who will speak to you.

You may find yourself becoming lost or vague; this would be a good time to write a screenplay. Do not pilot a plane, unless you are among the ten per cent of users who experience "spontaneous test-pilot knowledge." If your hair begins to smell like burning tires, move away from any buildings or populated areas, and apply tincture of iodine to the head until you no longer hear what could be taken for a "countdown." May cause stigmata in Mexicans. If a fungus starts to grow between your eyebrows, call the Guinness Book of World Records. May induce a tendency to compulsively repeat the phrase "no can do." This drug may cause visions of the Virgin Mary to appear in treetops. If this happens, open a souvenir shop.

There may be an overwhelming impulse to shout out during a Catholic Mass, "I'm gonna wop you wid da ugly stick!" You may feel a powerful sense of impending doom; this is because you are about to die. Men may experience impotence, but only during intercourse. Otherwise, a powerful erection will accompany your daily "walking-around time."

Do not take this product if you are uneasy with lockjaw. Do not be near a ringing telephone that works at 900 MHz or you will be very dead, very fast. We are assuming you have had chicken pox. You also may experience a growing dissatisfaction with life along with a deep sense of melancholy - join the club! Do not be concerned if you arouse a few ticks from a Geiger counter. You might want to get a one-month trial subscription to Extreme Fighting. The hook shape of the pill will often cause it to become caught in the larynx. To remove, jam a finger down your throat while a friend holds your nose to prevent the pill from lodging in a nasal passage. Then throw yourself stomach first on the back portion of a chair. The expulsion of air should eject the pill out of the mouth, unless it goes into a sinus cavity, or the brain. WARNING: This drug may shorten your intestines by twenty-one feet. Has been known to cause birth defects in the user retroactively. Passing in front of TV may cause the screen to moiré.

Holy Living Hell! Bravo sir! Bravo!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: keukendeur

Mirapex can cause compulsive behavior.

In August 2008, a man who claimed that Mirapex caused his gambling addiction won an $8.2 million lawsuit against its makers, Pfizer and Boehringer Ingelheim

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to sue
You never count your money
When on meds at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the suing's done"

edit on 9-9-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I forget the drug or what it was for but it was a minor affliction... saw it on tv of course

What i do remember was the possible side effect...

Anal leakage... lmao!!

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Side effects may include increased thoughts of death and suicide. May increase attempts at suicide. Or something along those lines.

This was an anti-epileptic drug doctors wanted me to try years ago. (Not for epilepsy either, I do not have that.)

Also amazing is how many drugs out there for that have many uses, pain relief etc. that are also commonly used as anti-depressants. Try to relieve some aches and pains, just to find your brain is not the same after a week or two, usually for the worse.

I mean if your brain chemistry is fine, then an anti-depressant will mess you up instead of making you feel better, but many doctors do not tell you these things when they pass you the prescription.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Side effects may include increased thoughts of death and suicide. May increase attempts at suicide. Or something along those lines.

This was an anti-epileptic drug doctors wanted me to try years ago. (Not for epilepsy either, I do not have that.)

Also amazing is how many drugs out there for that have many uses, pain relief etc. that are also commonly used as anti-depressants. Try to relieve some aches and pains, just to find your brain is not the same after a week or two, usually for the worse.

I mean if your brain chemistry is fine, then an anti-depressant will mess you up instead of making you feel better, but many doctors do not tell you these things when they pass you the prescription.

I read an article about Tylenol. It was discovered that it reduces the entire system of the body by the same amount. It's touted as a pain reliever/fever reducer. So, let's say that you're in pain, take a Tylenol, and reduces that pain by 1/3. Well, it also reduces EVERYTHING else by 1/3....everything! If you're depressed, 1/3. Empathy....1/3. etc etc.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Abilify is a drug I have heard advertising on television endlessly although it’s been awhile. One of the many listed side effects is the uncontrollable urge to gamble.

Not just an urge but uncontrollable. Other drugs used to treat Parkinson’s also list urges to gamble as side effects as well as sex, and shopping.

Sounds like a corporate sponsored tool to me. Vegas would love to provide it at check in as a freebie and the retail industry would get behind it as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Probably death.

Or.
increasedheartrateemphezymachillsbleedingeyesleakyassholeenlargedelbowsinvertedanusesscaledtongues

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirHardHarry

increasedheartrateemphezymachillsbleedingeyesleakyassholeenlargedelbowsinvertedanusesscaledtongues

Haven't you heard?

Theres a cure for it!

Get the jab and stay in the house or stay in the house and stay in the house!

edit on 9-9-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lorazapam is the bomb for just not giving a Sh!t. It's almost impossible to get a prescription.

posted on Sep, 9 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
wtf.

they made pringles with a drug in?

It was supposed to be a fat substitute.

posted on Sep, 10 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I once tried a different blood pressure med (can't remember the name) that had no side effects apart from when I was working on a computer while listening to music - it made me completely zone out, like being stoned but without the high.

Took me about a month to decide to tell my doctor.

There's also an over the counter cold and flu remedy from Spain called Frenadol. It knocks you out and gives you the most insane dreams. For some reason, it's banned in most of Europe.
edit on 10-9-2021 by Whodathunkdatcheese because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join