It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I'll Consider Getting the Shot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   
We're told that the vaccine is only about saving lives, it's conspiratorial to believe greed, money, or power play any role in it. Well I say talk is cheap, and actions speak much louder than words. There's no way I can seriously consider taking an experimental shot which is pushed by the same "medical experts" who are consistently wrong in their predictions and rarely fulfill their promises. So if this is really about ending the pandemic and doing the most righteous thing, then the following actions would help restore trust in government and big pharma, and even a stubborn ass like me might just consider getting the shot:

1) Vaccine manufacturers must donate all or the majority of their Covid-19 vaccine profits to Covid-19 relief causes.
2) Part of the profits should also be used to compensate victims of any Covid-19 vaccine injuries which arise soon after injection.
3) Promise there will never be laws to enforce mandatory vaccinations. Private businesses can enforce their own rules.
4) Children are our future and in the lowest risk group, they must not be forced to take an experimental vaccine to attend school.
5) Stop acting like natural immunity doesn't exist and allow people who already had Covid-19 to rely on their immune system.
6) Make a vaccine that actually ends the pandemic, meaning we can take off the masks and stop using apps to track everything we do.
7) A lot of data suggests Covid-19 is seasonal, the vaccine should be good enough that we only need one shot before the flu season.
8) Stop suppressing research and studies which suggest SARS-CoV-2 is an engineered virus which leaked from a lab.

With respect to the last point, the truth will come out in due time. Much of the truth has already leaked. There are too many scientists and other smart people who can see what is happening. The people who think SARS-CoV-2 doesn't exist are like flat Earthers, they are ignoring reality. I saw several studies early on which isolated and analyzed the sequences in SARS-CoV-2 so it clearly exists. However, I've recently seen several researchers say they are unable to access data which could prove SARS-CoV-2 has been isolated, and the teams which isolated and/or analyzed it early on have had their research suppressed. This is a scandal which is almost guaranteed to come to light in the not so distant future. Public trust in experts will continue to erode so long as they allow politics or peer pressure to control them.

EDIT: I say private businesses can enforce their own rules because I think it's their right to refuse service or employment to people for that reason and ultimately those businesses who choose to enforce rules which customers don't like are going to lose customers, and it wont be a small number of customers. It also lets the consumer know what businesses don't respect freedom, so they can choose more wisely where to spend their money.
edit on 1/9/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

So never. Just say never.

1) Will never happen. They like money too much.
2) Will never happen. That means they'd have to admit guilt.
3) Will never happen. Government doesn't have a history of giving people more freedoms (outside examples of some revolutions)
4) Will never happen. They don't want our children breeding.
5) Kind of actually happens. You can get waivers from your health provider that say you've recovered from the virus within the last 90 days.
6) Will never happen. Even if the could completely eradicate it they won't. See point one.
7) Doubtful to happen. Why get a payout once a year for a booster when they can have two, three, or even four annually? See point one.
8) Will never happen. It doesn't fit the narrative and would lower profit margins. See point one.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

If anything might damage the trust in doctors and in the medical community these vax passports and vax mandates might be able to do it.

It would take many years for the medical community to be trusted again if these vaxs prove to cause issues even more in two years or few months from now.

They cant hide things from the public as easily they could have 50 years ago.
edit on 1-9-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

1) Vaccine manufacturers must donate all or the majority of their Covid-19 vaccine profits to Covid-19 relief causes.

Communist much? Capitalism spurs all kinds of innovation including this vaccine and probably other improvements. but fine.

2) Part of the profits should also be used to compensate victims of any Covid-19 vaccine injuries which arise soon after injection.

Agreed, as long as it is fully proven.

3) Promise there will never be laws to enforce mandatory vaccinations. Private businesses can enforce their own rules.

Tough one, but we will compromise.

4) Children are our future and in the lowest risk group, they must not be forced to take an experimental vaccine to attend school.

No one will be forced. Access to information and the vaccine will be increased so everyone can take it in a comfortable way.

5) Stop acting like natural immunity doesn't exist and allow people who already had Covid-19 to rely on their immune system.

Agreed. But, you also must agree that vaccines can help and support natural immunity.

6) Make a vaccine that actually ends the pandemic, meaning we can take off the masks and stop using apps to track everything we do.

100% agreed.

7) A lot of data suggests Covid-19 is seasonal, the vaccine should be good enough that we only need one shot before the flu season.

Agreed! Let the innovation continue and we will put a stop to this and get society and the economy back on track.

8) Stop suppressing research and studies which suggest SARS-CoV-2 is an engineered virus which leaked from a lab.

No problem. Every acedemic study will be subjected to the same level of scrutiny and peer review as every other piece.

Since we have agreed to all your terms and conditions, when can we get you vaccinated for you and your loved ones safety?

edit on 1-9-2021 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

Communist much? Capitalism spurs all kinds of innovation including this vaccine and probably other improvements. but fine.

Due to the special circumstances of the situation, and the so called humanitarian need for a vaccine, I can overlook my love of free market capitalism because this is one issue where monetary motive must not play any role. And if they have to pay for obvious damages caused by the vaccine it gives them a large motive to ensure the vaccine is safe, which we should all want. I'm sure big pharma will have enough money left over from all their other drugs to continue their research, after all they created several Covid-19 vaccines in record times, and I did say they could keep a small fraction of the profits if they really need it.

No one will be forced. Access to information and the vaccine will be increased so everyone can take it in a comfortable way.

It's so easy to say no one is being forced, when in reality there is no choice when the only choice is to lose your job, or not be allowed to socialize in public, and in some places people aren't even allowed to buy groceries if they are unvaccinated. When it comes to kids I'm not sure how much pressure is applied to them, but I know there is a lot and I know in some places that they have no choice if they want to attend public school. It's not free choice, it's the illusion of free choice.

Since we have agreed to all your terms and conditions, when can we get you vaccinated for you and your loved ones safety?

You have agreed, I see the words, but I'm yet to see the actions to reflect those words. Just the first two items on the list will impress me greatly, but I highly doubt they will ever happen because I understand how this world works. In today's world we have endless virtue signalling from people who claim to be more righteous than thou, but when you get to the truth of the matter, it's just another illusion.
edit on 1/9/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   
To say every academic piece gets the same treatment as any other is the stupidest thing I’ve heard on here all day.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I can overlook my love of free market capitalism because this is one issue where monetary motive must not play any role

This! The medical field shouldn't be reaped for profits, on the other hand, who will do it if it's not lucrative? The state would have to manage it but that's conflicting interest with privacy again.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   
When will I consider getting the shot? Easy to answer,
whenever pigs grow wings and fly!

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Tough one, but we will compromise. 

How is that a tough one you f#king fascist?

I say it's mandatory to call you a Nazi every time you post.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

So never. Just say never.

1) Will never happen. They like money too much.
2) Will never happen. That means they'd have to admit guilt.
3) Will never happen. Government doesn't have a history of giving people more freedoms (outside examples of some revolutions)
4) Will never happen. They don't want our children breeding.
5) Kind of actually happens. You can get waivers from your health provider that say you've recovered from the virus within the last 90 days.
6) Will never happen. Even if the could completely eradicate it they won't. See point one.
7) Doubtful to happen. Why get a payout once a year for a booster when they can have two, three, or even four annually? See point one.
8) Will never happen. It doesn't fit the narrative and would lower profit margins. See point one.

/thread

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Talk to a trusted medical professional about getting the shot.

Every individual is different.

If you don't want the shot, don't get the shot.

I think the jabs are effective or else I wouldn't have okay'd my wife and sons decisions to get the shot.

Unfortunately I physically cannot take the jab, if I do, I die.

Now there are people who don't trust the jabs.

I also side with them to decide for themselves.

It all comes down to freedom, lets try keeping some of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I feel pretty much the same as I have family members who've taken the shots.

I won't go into the consequences again but how do you feel about the boosters and if you are okay with them, what do you think is an acceptable amount of boosters per annum?
edit on 192021 by Wide-Eyes because: It looked like a #ing word salad.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I feel pretty much the same as I have family members who've taken the shots.

I won't go into the consequences again but how do you feel about the boosters and if you are okay with them, what do you think is an acceptable amount of boosters per annum?

I think the boosters are pablum at best, Soma, something to placate the masses.

In my humble opinion.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:29 PM
link   

But do you approve of your family taking them?

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

But do you approve of your family taking them?

I respect their right to do what they want to do.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Solid list, but none of that will happen.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
When will I consider getting the shot? Easy to answer,
whenever pigs grow wings and fly!

You do know that with all the research in genetics these flying pigs may become a reality in the near future, if not yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Of course.

Apologies, I could have worded that better.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Excellent points - instead of coercing and fear-mongering the American ppl to take the vaccine, a couple of these steps would encourage millions of people to go forward with the vaccine.

posted on Sep, 14 2021 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The Oxford/astrazenica shots were created and distributed at a cost price of under £3 per shot for precisely the reasons you suggest.

Compare that to the £25-30 for moderna and Pfizer

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join