It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan is not placing a mandatory vax for its citizens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

"First l hope the world understands that forcing its population to take what is being called a corvid 19 vaccination may not be in the best interest and health of its citizens. I think it came down to the recent deaths here in Japan."

You mean Japan has understood while the rest of the world has not? Like in "we the Japanese are intelligent people and the rest of the world is not"?

If vaccination is not mandatory in Japan, I just hope it has to do with people's individual freedom, and not because of side-effects.

Otherwise you need to explain how is it possible for Japan to be one of the countries in the world with the highest suicide rate, the second highest suicide rate among developed nations. Is suicide something that goes in the best interest and health of Japan's citizens? Obviously, not. It has to do with respecting people's individual freedom. Or with the impossibility to change a clearly feudal social system.

But it may very well be the case the authorities thought vaccinating people is a waste of money if they are not happy when healthy anyways...

I guess there's something of the inscrutable Far East mindset at work that has nothing to do with side-effects of the vaccine. It seems being alive there has worse side-effects... who knows?

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Oh please. Semantics.

If they want to keep the job, it's mandatory they jab up.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 08:22 AM
link   
But that's not the same as mandatory is it.

a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

A lot of dictionaries are on my side with this.

Can't believe I am going to educate a native English speaker on this

Definition of mandatory (Entry 1 of 2)
1: required by a law or rule : OBLIGATORY
the mandatory retirement age
2: of, by, relating to, or holding a League of Nations mandate

(...)
Something mandatory is the result of a mandate or order, which usually comes in the form of a law, rule, or regulation. Today there seem to be a lot of these mandates, so mandatory seat belts, mandatory inspections for industries, and mandatory prison sentences for violent crimes are regularly in the news. But mandatory retirement at age 65, which used to be common, is now illegal in most cases.

Examples:
Examples of mandatory in a Sentence
Adjective
Parents object to the mandatory nature of the shots—and the fact that their child's access to education hinges on compliance with the immunization regulations.
— Alice Park, Time, 2 June 2008

In a move some are calling a "backdoor draft," the Pentagon has announced it will issue mandatory recalls to more than 5,600 Army troops for deployment to Iraq and Afghanistan.
— Nathaniel Frank, Washington Post, 12 July 2004
www.merriam-webster.com...

Emphasis done by me. And you see, Merriam-Webster dictionary even uses a similar example by bringing up the mandatory vaccination topic from 2008.

Semantic game over, nonspecific
edit on 31.8.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: bold part

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
But that's not the same as mandatory is it.

What happens if they do not jab up?
Answer please.

Add:
Forget it, you're just a troll I won't fall for you again, see your Freudian Slip in the other post.

What line of work are you in for it to be mandatory?

So I see we agree with each other, it's mandatory

edit on 31.8.2021 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
That's not mandatory that's a requirement for a particular job.

Mandatory would mean if they quit the job they would still be forced to be vaccinated.

a reply to: myselfaswell

LOL, you really should take a week off and think about all those words that have been redefined to justify this garbage.

At what point, exactly, did taking an experimental injection become a skill or educational qualification? I mean, I can understand that being able to weld is mandatory if you want to be employed as a welder, however, a welder is going to be able to weld as well as they can weld, injected or not.

80% entirely unaffected.
0.15% IFR.
Ivermectin.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you can't beat em call em a troll.

That's what my old granny always used to say.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: musicismagic

I don't live there but my nephew has for 20 years or so.

He tells me that it is quite different from "Western" culture. This is quite clear when viewing Japanese "game shows."

Beyond that, is there not still an extreme level of pressure for social conformity? This seems to have greatly faded from Western society.

Maybe, but they are highly westernized, in technology, industry and even politics after world war 2. Due to their non nuclear pact, they rely a great deal on the western nations against the primary power nations of Asia like China. They also often side with the western nations on international policies and votes. They may be in Asia, but they are definitely more aligned with Oceania than East Asia or Eurasia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join