It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vaccines appear slightly less effective at preventing hospitalization this summer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The COVID-19 vaccines' ability to keep people out of the hospital appears to be dropping slightly, particularly for those 75 and older, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced Monday during an advisory panel.

The CDC has previously estimated that 97% of people in the hospital being treated for COVID-19 are unvaccinated, but that data was collected before the spread of delta, a hyper-transmissible variant that many doctors have warned appears to be making people sicker.

The latest CDC analysis estimates that the ability of the COVID vaccines to keep a person out of the hospital is now between 75% to 95%.

Vaccines appear slightly less effective at preventing hospitalization this summer

So....the CDC has now dropped the effectiveness of keeping folks out of hospitals to as low as 75%. That's a bit more than a "slight" drop.

It appears they went with stats way too early to even state that 97% of those in hospitals were unvaxxed and now we are seeing that they are blaming the data for not being in.

Typical knee jerk actions again.

So.....all those that said antivaxxers account for 98%+ in the hospital for covid can begin eating their Crow.

This number will only get lower and lower as their data keeps getting updated.

CDC data

edit on 8/30/21 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well it's roughly 99% here in the 12 hospitals I work for. But that data is a bit aged by now as well (roughly a month). Not sure where we are right now but I've not heard of a surge of vaxxed being in.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

you know what? this thread needs more attention. I'm not ma doctor or scientist but I expect to see numbers... I might get fired this week for asking that same question..... danged people do not want numbers out and if they are scewed
edit on 8-9-2021 by MarlbBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

you know what? this thread needs more attention. I'm not ma doctor or scientist but I expect to see numbers... I might get fired this week for asking that same question..... danged people do not want numbers out and if they are scewed

I haven't checked in the last few days, but I would bet my house it has gotten even lower in the last few days.

posted on Sep, 8 2021 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Darn where is does the CDC gets their data? I know they have deals with Israel to supply their findings, but seems they are always behind on news.

Always after the facts.

top topics

join