It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the British Air Force loved Stalin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, I have not read this book ((I want to say that in those days the politicians of our countries were giants. They could think strategically. The current politicians are Lilliputians compared to them)))

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

You're reading too much into it; it was done just for a laugh.
Just like they'd paint messages and things on bombs.

It wasn't a statement of political support or anything like that, just a painting or a cartoon if you like.

I guess the British had a certain empathy with the Russian people at the time and Stalin was the figurehead, he sort of represented the Russian people.

There really wasn't anything more to it.

As for the war;
Do we really need to bash this out again?
It was a collective effort, no one thing, nation or army beat Hitler.

I could go on about it in depth - other people have covered the majority of the main points - but I'm sure it'd bore the tits off everyone.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I think we all seem to forget the allies war was a team effort against the axis powers of the time.

Obviously they had no idea "Uncle Joe" would go on to kill 9 million people all the same.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

It's a historical fact that the Russians and Nazis were big mates and conspired together the invade and enslave many European nations, starting with Poland. Have I touched a raw nerve?

Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact

Additionally, the Russians were beneficiaries of large volumes of aid which came on the Arctic convoys, something the Russians have acknowledged because they gave medals to some of the participants.

What tripe, it was a pact of non-aggression borne from convenience, the Germans and Russians were never "big mates", where on earth did you study history?

Additionally, I think the Lancaster nose art was a symbolic gesture based on the fact the RAF knew they were relying on the Russians to do their part on the Eastern front, which they duly did ofc

edit on 09-19-1976 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Of course, the Russians loved the British Navy even more - and awarded over 3,000 British sailors with the Ushakov Medal.

It may well be that had the Russians not fought so ferociously against the Germans, the liberation of Europe by Britain and her allies would have been harder/taken longer. But were it not for the Arctic Convoys, Russia would have had no means with which to fight .....

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

A classic case of 'you scratch my back' etc.

Shame the mutual goodwill didn't continue after the war.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Great job working around the point that the nose art of two RAAF planes with an easy explanation behind it do not show "love for the USSR and the Soviet leader Joseph Stalin" in the RAF.

The clue is in that poster's name......

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, I have not read this book ((I want to say that in those days the politicians of our countries were giants. They could think strategically. The current politicians are Lilliputians compared to them)))

Do you like Stalin?

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think we all seem to forget the allies war was a team effort against the axis powers of the time.

Obviously they had no idea "Uncle Joe" would go on to kill 9 million people all the same.

I don't think "Stalin killed 9 million." At one time, on the basis of archival documents, I studied the statistics of executions and deaths, starting from the 19th century. According to archival data, in more than 20 years of Stalin's rule in the USSR, there were less than 700,000 death sentences and less than 2.5 million people convicted. Of course, these statistics did not include deaths of people from collateral causes, but in any case, these are not millions. I would not blame Stalin for this 100%.
For example, according to statistics during the Great Depression in the United States. the population decreased according to various estimates from 2 to 6 million people. It's clear. that they died for various reasons - hunger, disease, armed clashes, and so on. But that was the state policy of the US government. But why does no one personally blame the country's presidents for these deaths?

In Russia there is a public organization "Memorial", it forms lists of "repressed by Stalin." Memorial is recognized as a foreign agent in Russia and is funded by foreign grants. They even included their prosperous relatives in these lists, but still could not find the names of more than 300,000 repressed people. But everywhere they write about tens of millions. And they are believed in the West. This is primitive propaganda.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

originally posted by: RussianTroll

Do you like Stalin?

The question is posed incorrectly. It is impossible to evaluate the activities of statesmen from the point of view of "like it or not like it." Stalin, like any ruler, did many things that can be subjectively assessed as "good" and "bad." But this is all subjective.
Of course, I don’t know much, but I think that for all the negative deeds, Stalin did the main thing - he saved the country, made it a great power, raised the economy almost from scratch and won the most terrible war in the history of mankind.
At the same time, while maintaining the communist rhetoric, it is very difficult to call the USSR of Stalin's time a communist country. In the conventional sense of communism, it ended in the USSR on November 7, 1927, when Trotsky and his supporters attempted a coup d'état. But Stalin won, Trotsky was removed from all government posts and exiled to Tashkent, from where he was allowed to leave for Istanbul. By the way, Trotsky was killed because he negotiated with Hitler to become the ruler of Russia after Germany's possible victory over the USSR. After that, Stalin began to return the economy and natural resources in the country from international Western corporations to state ownership, completely closed foreign concessions, and carried out industrialization and collectivization in agriculture. Stalin dispersed the International. Repression began among the many old communists who were supporters of Trotsky. They held key positions in the state apparatus, army, and industry. And he managed to save the country.
Believe it or not, in the early 1950s, 45% of the USSR's budget revenues consisted of taxes from collective and private enterprises. Is this communism? After Stalin's death, Khrushchev came to power, and that's when attempts to build real communism began. All private and collective enterprises were closed, the peasants became practically slaves, and only state property remained in the country. Less than 40 years later, this experiment ended.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I suspect that the number of deaths directly attributable to Stalin has been over inflated by Western historians in order to further blacken Stalin's name and reputation, to damage communism's credibility and that of the USSR in general.

But there's no denying things like Holodomor and Stalin's deliberate manipulation of famines to further his own cause/purposes - something not unique to Stalin but 'two wrongs' and all that.

Neither is there any denying his brutality in crushing any opposition whatsoever and how many people died in exercises like The Great Purge we'll never know for sure.
Again, Stalin is by no means unique in this throughout human history but to casually dismiss his particularly harsh repression of all dissention is pretty poor form.

Most neutral historians now believe that Stalin was responsible for between 6 - 9 million deaths during his reign.
A lot less than many right wing agenda driven academics allege but certainly a damn sight more than their leftist Stalin apologist counterparts, and your good self, claim.

In addition you try to deflect away from Stalin's excesses by casting unsubstantiated claims about millions of deaths in the US during The Depression.
Even if true - which I'm certainly not convinced of - it has no relevance whatsoever on the number of deaths Stalin is either directly or indirectly responsible for.

Something doesn't quite sit right with you Sir.
You openly claim to be a 'Russian Troll' yet you have a command of the English language and grammar that far exceeds most natural born English speaking people here on ATS.
You have a proficiency that suggests something other than being Russian.
Why and to what end I have no idea.

I could easily be wrong, but there's just that nagging doubt that things just aren't what you claim.....

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I don't think anybody on earth has killed 9 million people at the one time.

It would be a busy night if you ken what i mean.

And i think its safe to say he killed millions any road for his own agenda and paranoid reasoning's.

As to the real number, well that seems to be debatable.

Probably something that will never be discovered now.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-9-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Something doesn't quite sit right with you Sir.
You openly claim to be a 'Russian Troll' yet you have a command of the English language and grammar that far exceeds most natural born English speaking people here on ATS.
You have a proficiency that suggests something other than being Russian.
Why and to what end I have no idea.

I could easily be wrong, but there's just that nagging doubt that things just aren't what you claim.....

Probably, you just don't read my posts often. I have already written repeatedly that my nickname on the forum reflects my irony on that. how all Russians are perceived in the West.
Also on the forum they know that I read here and write through Google - translator, rarely through Yandex - translator. So there may be stylistic, grammatical and spelling mistakes. But this is not critical.
I will say more, more than a year ago I published a post on the forum, which was an English translation of my article on a well-known Russian site. One forum member found this article and my incognito was immediately exposed. My name and surname were there.
Since our forum is conspiracy theories, I will refer your guesses to the section of conspiracy theories.

According to Stalin, I just convey to you the facts and my opinion. In addition, I give direct analogies from your history. The fact that you do not accept these analogies, in Russia there is a meme "This is different."

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Wikipedia has long ceased to be an objective source. She is a propaganda tool.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Do you prefer the likes of "Bitchute"?

Stalin was a dirty wrong'yin and paranoid bastard that killed millions to satisfy his own will and agenda.

There is no real debate about that fact RussianTroll.

If you wish to quibble over the numbers then i have to wonder why?

He was not a very nice Man put it that way.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Do you prefer the likes of "Bitchute"?

Stalin was a dirty wrong'yin and paranoid bastard that killed millions to satisfy his own will and agenda.

There is no real debate about that fact RussianTroll.

If you wish to quibble over the numbers then i have to wonder why?

He was not a very nice Man put it that way.

My beloved woman is a psychologist and neurologist, candidate of medical sciences. She just read your comment and asked me the question: "And which of you two is a zombie and a victim of propaganda"? I laughed)))

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Which of us killed 9 million people for sport?

That's right "Old Joe" ticks that box.

And they were victims of a hell of a lot more than propaganda.

Plus if your Mrs is indeed a "psychologist and neurologist" that chooses to place faith, or even entertain the racist inflammatory hate speech, Bitchute is well know to host, i have to question her credibility at least as a psychologist.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

My friend, if your goal is to throw me off balance and get my emotions so I can say nonsense, then you will fail. Just read my nickname on the forum. It is a little inaccurate, I'm not just a level 90 troll, I'm also a level 80 elf (a level 90 elf, we only have President Putin). Tek that I will be calm, like 1001 German philosophers)))))

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Mate in not trying to throw you off anything.

But you need to realise what that Man was all about.

And im bang on the monies as to what Bitchute smells of put it that way, same with most psychologist i imagine who can see they place for what it is.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join