It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK and vaccine herd immunity, when does it kick in?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There has been various claims and confusion what was promised with the release of the covid vaccines.

But one thing that was the goal of the vaccines was supposedly herd immunity?

Herd immunity and COVID-19 (coronavirus): What you need to know

www.mayoclinic.org...

Vaccines
Herd immunity also can be reached when enough people have been vaccinated against a disease and have developed protective antibodies against future infection. Unlike the natural infection method, vaccines create immunity without causing illness or resulting complications. Using the concept of herd immunity, vaccines have successfully controlled contagious diseases such as smallpox, polio, diphtheria, rubella and many others.
Herd immunity makes it possible to protect the population from a disease, including those who can't be vaccinated, such as newborns or those who have compromised immune systems.

The vaccine hesitancy is not as prevalent in the UK. Is that false?

Covid vaccine: How many people in the UK have been vaccinated so far?
By The Visual and Data Journalism Team
BBC News
Published

4 days ago

www.bbc.com...

How is the rollout going?

So far, more than 47 million people have had a first vaccine dose - 87% of over-16s - and nearly 41 million - 75% of over-16s - have had both doses.

The number of first doses administered each day is now averaging about 41,000 - far below a peak of some 500,000 in mid-March.
An average of more than 160,000 second doses are now being given a day. The delivery of second doses had been accelerated in response to the emergence of the Delta variant, first identified in India.

The 7 day rolling new infection average UK is over 32,000?

When does vaccine herd immunity kick in?
edit on 24-8-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

When does vaccinate herd immunity kick in?

Good question.
Maybe when the Big Pharma companies are tired of selling boosters?

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:28 AM
link   
How can the vax provide herd immunity when it does not stop infection?

edit on 24-8-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This professor explains why there is nothing to worry about because the body does not require advance warning from a vax.....he shows how he knows this.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:34 AM
link   
These vaccines are mostly not real vaccines, most people who get the jab can still get the virus and pass it on. Herd immunity will probably not work with the mRNA vaccines.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

It stops or vastly reduces the risk of serious illness or death. That's herd immunity. A bit like how the flu shot works, it prepares your immune system to fight it off quicker and gives you a better chance against differing strains.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:40 AM
link   
the vaccine does not prevent the either sars-cov-2 or covid 19.

Using this therapeutic drug 9because it is not a vaccine)
cannot create Herd Immunity
precisely because it does not prevent either the virus or the disease.

It is here permanently
It is endemic

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

You

It stops or vastly reduces the risk of serious illness or death. That's herd immunity.

Where do you get that from?

From opening post…

Herd immunity and COVID-19 (coronavirus): What you need to know

www.mayoclinic.org...

Vaccines
Herd immunity also can be reached when enough people have been vaccinated against a disease and have developed protective antibodies against future infection. Unlike the natural infection method, vaccines create immunity without causing illness or resulting complications. Using the concept of herd immunity, vaccines have successfully controlled contagious diseases such as smallpox, polio, diphtheria, rubella and many others.
Herd immunity makes it possible to protect the population from a disease, including those who can't be vaccinated, such as newborns or those who have compromised immune systems.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

This professor explains why there is nothing to worry about because the body does not require advance warning from a vax.....he shows how he knows this.

The Medical Faculty of Kiel University and the University Medical Center Schleswig-Holstein (UKSH) commented: Bhakdis main theses are unsubstantiated, trivializing, dangerous to health and "contrary to serious international scientific findings".

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Or transmission, or hospitalization or death.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: onoloufo
Do you have a link?

edit on 24-8-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Okay, i love this man. He kept it simple enough so that even a professional idiot like me could understand it. But is this the truth? I can't go googling around and try to sort out all these scientific and medical stuff and then do source background checks and stuff. My brain just is not built that way.

Therefore, while i like this person, it does not mean that this is the truth, at all. Can someone verify this? There are many clever persons on ATS and i am looking at your direction now. The video is 17 minutes.

EDIT: Oh, someone already posted a comment. However, further comments about this video would be greatly appreciated.
edit on 24-8-2021 by MapOfNowhere because: Someone said something and then i said something and then something.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It stops or vastly reduces the risk of serious illness or death. That's herd immunity. A bit like how the flu shot works, it prepares your immune system to fight it off quicker and gives you a better chance against differing strains.

That's not herd immunity, and even if it was, it's still not doing that!

From this OP here

www.bloomberg.com...

About three-fourths of the 469 infections were among vaccinated people.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

That's not herd immunity, and even if it was, it's still not doing that!

From this OP here

www.bloomberg.com...

About three-fourths of the 469 infections were among vaccinated people.

But all you need to know is that 99% of people in hospitals are unvaxxed. And no I don't have any proof of that, it's just the number going around. You just have to say it like you mean it, and it's rarely questioned.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It would not happen, see big Pharma mobsters found a way to make money none stop, with boosters, soo even if everybody gets the jab, they will always get sick with the created scaremongering of "variants" in order to get people addicted to jabs, now the thing is how often the jabs will be given, every 6 months, 3, 2, who knows depending how greedy the mobsters are that is what is coming for all human kind.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Somebody have to be blamed, when the vaxed is getting sick after getting the jab, soon the boosters, soo is always going to be the unvaxed faults.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
How do we know there isn't herd immunity already and frankly always was?
Why do people think this virus is so survivable?

As for zero deaths and cases. Is that even achievable in an annual corona virus?

Did anyone ever care about the cold or even the flu?
Nah. Never.

People will die. People die of heart problems in greater numbers than covid or the flu.
People die. Death is part of life. Some are unlucky.
One day I might be. That's nature

I don't buy into this tyranny out of fear because i have none.
I don't care. No lies will influence me.

I am, i am an animal, my god is nature. I come and I go.

Feck all the politics and manipulations. I ain't playing.

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
The un-vaxxed 'group' will probably get herd immunity before the vaxxed 'group'.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MapOfNowhere
I watched this video a way back. I am a Clinical Aromatherapist so I put my A&P hat on when I watched it.
He explained it the way I was taught it some 30 odd years ago..and nothing has changed since then.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 24 2021 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

It's amazing how much the people against mass vaccination that weren't educated on it have learned about the science so they can ask the right questions.

While they were looking at science and data the pro-vax crowd was listening to the "officials". The pro-vaccination crowd that was uneducated going into this seem to be actively regressing and just spouting whatever sounds good.

It's great that the efforts people are putting into speaking out against this madness have produced observable results even just on this forum. An educated public is an empowered public and it would appear that the good guys are winning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join