It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple Exits on Major Interstate Closed in KC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Multiple exist along I-35 and I-635 are closed Saturday evening. What is only being described as an "incident" is being investigated by three local police agencies and "other agencies" that are not named.

Northbound I-35 is closed at Johnson Drive and the exit to southbound I-35 to I-635 remains closed at this time.

Overland Park Police, Merriam Police, Shawnee Police and other agencies are on the scene.

It's interesting that there is no information beyond which local police agencies are involved in this. We don't know what it is or what other agencies are involved.

This is right along my daily commute. I come south along I-635 and then go along past Johnson Drive on I-35 every day, so I am familiar with that area. There are train tracks that run along there. It's not a horrible neighborhood along there. In fact, that's all mostly commercial.

It's also strange that no one is telling the press anything about it especially since this has been going on since 7:30.
edit on 21-8-2021 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Aliens!

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yeah, I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation, but it just seems odd that this happened around 7:30 and it's now 9:30, and the news has nothing more than that to report.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I live in Independence and don't much care.

"An incident?!"

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 09:53 PM
link   
You guys know how to time travel. Its not even 8pm yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
You guys know how to time travel. Its not even 8pm yet.

Yes, yes ... we live in flyover. I get it.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I used to time travel several times a year. It would take me an hour and a half to go to a city in the next state but would take three and a half hours to get back

I would not worry much yet about the incident. It might involve a shipping container that is mismarked that a seal opened on. Then again it might be as simple as a wrecked pipe X-ray machine. Ether could take several hours to get the right people there to deal with it. Now if they expand the area, that is when to worry as it is getting worse. The locals usually do nothing but keep people out. They also are not told anything so they can’t talk about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I'm not horribly worried, so much is intrigued that the local press was so in the dark that they apparently didn't do anything about it, and that it kept an interstate as important as I-35 shut down for almost 3 hours now. This is the same one that travels up from Texas.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You could always call the non emergency police line and ask. I ask cops whats up when something is happening. They usually like to tell you, if they can.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It might be something. Well, it *is* something.... but even a fatal car crash requires a certified accident reconstruction team to be be deployed, which takes much time just to organize and deploy. There generally are few officers certified for fatal accident reconstruction, and so they have to draw on several police departments.

But, who knows? It could be that Biden hijacked Marine One and couldn't find his way home.......

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:27 PM
link   

It might just be something valuable that they are waiting on someone to get there to pick it up. There was one of those recovery shows where there was several tons on cadmium in a trailer worth a lot of money and was toxic. They broke the trailer in half trying to pick it up because it all went to the front when the truck went into he ditch. They had to wait on another crew to lift it out because it was so heavy and unevenly loaded after the crash. It was there in the ditch all night.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AndreDoLouro

One would assume that if they were talking about an accident, the news would report accident, and there would be no real need for "other agencies" in addition to three separate police departments to be on-site.

So I'm thinking it must be something a bit out of the ordinary. Perhaps a cattle truck lost all its livestock.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Guy crashed and barricaded himself in his car. Was a standoff.

twitter
edit on 21-8-2021 by drewlander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander

Guy craahed and barricaded himself in his car. Was a standoff.

twitter

So it was a bit out of the ordinary. Dude held up the interstate.

I can deal with that. At least nothing is eating holes in the road I have to drive.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   

If u ever want to know whats happening in an area just listen to the police scanner. Or search the facebook and twitter police scanner groups for the area. Just last night my bro called me asking about a bunch of police and fire trucks by him. Flipped on scanner and heard it was a broken gas line. 95% of the time you will find your answer.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Oh, last night was easy. Every transformer in our neighborhood blew out thanks to a thunderstorm.

But I get what you're saying. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 10:42 PM
link   
A stand off? I wanted to hear about the round up. Last time I saw one of them, the police were chasing a couple of pigs. One was on the hood of the small pickup truck looking at the driver like it was laughing at him. The pickup managed to park his passenger side under a trailer full of pigs in a double turn on an off ramp. No injuries but that pickup stunk and probably totaled.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Weird. I posted a thread on all the power flickering in Iowa for almost 100sq milies avross multiple energy companies and the neither energy company could explain the cause very well if at all to the news. I really think it could have been something solar but i havent seen anything to back that up.

top topics

join