It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My How Times Have Changed

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoughtcrime

I think it is inevitable...

Every time technologies give us a choice we didn't have before, we are confronted with a moral unknown.
It was never a question of taking the right or wrong decision, before it was just the way it was...

Some have an instinctive reaction towards new things and tend to judge even the consideration immoral...

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   

If you do it to a democrat - its wrong because you are some kind of 'phobe.
If a democrat does it to you - its for the good of the people.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
There is a bit of a difference here though.

You have to have sex with someone to get HIV (Or share blood etc)

Someone with Covid can just cough in a room and infect everyone who comes in there for the next few hours.

True. But here’s the MAIN difference, as I see it: barring the use of an expensive chemical cocktail, AIDS is always, 100% fatal. COVID has a near 100% recovery rate.

You can’t stuff the ‘AIDS Genie’ back in the bottle, so we’ll never know if it would’ve worked. But if it was wrong then, then doing so for a lesser disease is even more difficult to justify.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 02:17 PM
link   

That's a good point, though even at 99.5% survival rate, thats a lot of people dead , and it seems many more catch covid than flu.

I don't have any worries about the vax, really, I had two, so has my wife, so have 2 of my kids.

No side effects other than a day feeling a bit rubbish after.

I really think, that if you are about freedom, then covid is exactly the wrong hill to die on.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtcrime
Forgive me for asking, but…if it was wrong then to round up citizens in the name of public health, why is it not wrong now? What’s changed?

They have had time to perfect the fear-mongering.
They weakened the minds, made folks lazy.
They know how to twist the buttons, to get the emotional knee-jerk responses from the sheep.

A highly polished and effective machine, and hard to point-out to boot.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Would quarantine have eradicated it? Im asking your opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Lost so many folks back in the day to the 80s onset of aids. The clubs were open and the cruising sites were in full swing. There were offices set up to assist with the affected. You know I was the 1st in line passing out condoms/clean needles & info to the male/female prostitutes. There was no panic or hysteria so much as grief. Everyone in the gay community were deeply affected. So many died. I don't know anyone who has cooties 19. Knew of friends of friends who said they had it but the had no symptoms. In the 80s we read the obits to see who died from the disease. Today when I read the local obituaries there's been no one. I haven't personally seen one obit siting covid as cause of death. Odd given the magnitude of the press and push.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Forgive me for asking, but…if it was wrong then to round up citizens in the name of public health, why is it not wrong now? What’s changed?

I believe and I think you will find it to be true. A high percentage of humans lack the capability to be objective. The problem is bias in the human brain.

Compounding this problem is media and social media. The tech giants aren't tracking peoples every move just for the advertising cash. They are using these flaws in the human brain to manipulate people.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

“I really think, that if you are about freedom, then covid is exactly the wrong hill to die on”

I really hope you’re right. But it’s undeniable things are getting crazy. Freedoms we used to take for granted (nipping down to the pub, as you might say), and other ‘quality of life’ things, ARE in fact being curtailed. Not to mention doctors withholding care, being bumped off the transplant list, being barred from college attendance unless/until you take the jab…. I don’t know Brother, but it seems to me they’re playing for keeps with this.

posted on Aug, 21 2021 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Can’t say you’re wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join