It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using the Dead as Fertilizer, Seriously

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I saw this and I just thought, you have to be joking, crazy or seriously sick to do this. Wisconsin tabled a bill SB-228 to...

LRB-2075/1 KP:amn 2021 - 2022 LEGISLATURE 2021 SENATE BILL 228 March 24, 2021 - Introduced by Senators TESTIN, L. TAYLOR, CARPENTER, KOOYENGA and RINGHAND, cosponsored by Representatives NOVAK, SWEARINGEN, ARMSTRONG, BOWEN, CALLAHAN, KITCHENS, KRUG, MOSES, L. MYERS, J. RODRIGUEZ, ROZAR, SKOWRONSKI and STUBBS.

Referred to Committee on Health. AN ACT to renumber and amend 440.70 (6) and 440.78 (3) (c); to amend 440.70 (5) and 440.80 (2) (b); and to create 440.70 (6) (b), 440.70 (6m), 440.78 (3) (c) 2. and 440.78 (5m) of the statutes; relating to: the use of alkaline hydrolysis to cremate human remains and providing an exemption from emergency rule procedures.

Analysis by the Legislative Reference Bureau Under this bill, a person may use the process of alkaline hydrolysis to cremate human remains only if the person is registered as a crematory authority by the Department of Safety and Professional Services. Alkaline hydrolysis is a process that uses water, alkaline chemicals, pressure, and heat to reduce human remains for final disposition. The bill places the use of alkaline hydrolysis for cremating human remains under generally the same requirements that apply under current law to conventional cremation.

Seriously, is this what it has come down to? Somebody did a graphic representation of all the human "meat" on the planet and it was only a sphere about a kilometer in diameter. I know what this is for, it's so you find human DNA in everything, that way they can hide that 70-140 million pounds of kids that ends up in fast food and processed meat every year. AND YOUR NEXT!

Wisconsin 2021 SENATE BILL 228

Cheers - Dave
edit on 8/19.2021 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

On a multi generation star ship with an enclosed environment you would have to do something like this but on earth NO!.

Not only is it sick and twisted but it is also an offence to every major and most minor religions on the planet with many that would happily string the sicko that came up with this idea on a lamp post as a warning to all other sicko's.

It would also be a bad idea medically, there are diseases that would be spread this way, pharmaceutical's and a lifetime of pollution in each of us would also pollute any crop grown in our remains, better to treat the dead with due respect, bury or cremate them and say a prayer because there really is an after life or perhaps it would be better to call it a continuation of life, I know this from personal and family experience and being a Christian I have my own beliefs on the matter.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
I know what this is for, it's so you find human DNA in everything, that way they can hide that 70-140 million pounds of kids that ends up in fast food and processed meat every year. AND YOUR NEXT!

I thought they stopped hiding it?

edit on 19-8-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
I know what this is for, it's so you find human DNA in everything, that way they can hide that 70-140 million pounds of kids that ends up in fast food and processed meat every year. AND YOUR NEXT!

Unbelievably disgusting.

Soylent green anyone?

Oh, and thanks for ruining my A&W (might have kids, but no hormones or steroids in Canada, that'll show 'em) indulgence.
edit on 8/19/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I've heard they would also recycle poop into other usable items.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:09 PM
link   

On a multi generation star ship with an enclosed environment you would have to do something like this

No .
There would be a burial in space just like the sailor's burial at sea .
In a true ecological system , the fertilizer would be the previous year's crop .

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Not only is it sick and twisted but it is also an offence to every major and most minor religions on the planet with many that would happily string the sicko that came up with this idea on a lamp post as a warning to all other sicko's.
Do they care that much about what others do with their dead? Why?

As far as your pollution worries go:

The process is based on alkaline hydrolysis: the body is placed in a pressure vessel that is then filled with a mixture of water and potassium hydroxide, and heated to a temperature around 160 °C (320 °F), but at an elevated pressure, which prevents boiling. Instead, the body is effectively broken down into its chemical components, which takes approximately four to six hours.

source

edit on 8/19/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Someone watched Snowpiercer then

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Back in medieval times those old wattle and daub houses you see were often built using poo.

Pig poo and Human poo were regarded as the best to make the plaster because it made it really sticky.

They also used it for tanning leather.

And since time immemorial it was spread onto fields by farmers though that was mostly animal waste cow and horse dung.

The problem with our poo these days is all those medicines and food additives as well as cosmetics that are already polluting the natural environment, those cosmetics often have female hormone mimicking chemicals in them and as the amount of them in the water table has gone up the number of androgynous and sexually ambiguous animals as well as other resultant linked mutations has gone up.

But if we just took from the organic community (those that live in a hermetically sealed jar as every one outside that jar is contaminated in one way or another) then there poo could be used for growing crops with no problem at all.

Back in the country manner houses of the Victorians they used to sterilize the soil and even the manure by heating it in a barrel over a fire before using it for planting, given our sensitivity over greenhouse emissions these days however we would not do that today and it would not get rid of those chemicals anyway.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Soylent Green is set to take place in 2022...

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Reminds me of a scene in the Matrix and Breaking Bad.

Where's grandma?

She's in the Garden.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

That was pretty funny lol. I remember the Onion from so long ago.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Since the body is made out of water mostly, you would loose that.

about 50% is water in the human body, so you would loose about 40L if water per death that you can't replace.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

On a multi generation star ship with an enclosed environment you would have to do something like this

No .
There would be a burial in space just like the sailor's burial at sea .
In a true ecological system , the fertilizer would be the previous year's crop .

I wish that was true but given the fact that they would live in a closed loop and artificially maintained eco system everything organic would have to be recycled or processed unless they had a vast supply or stores enough for there journey to another star system.

Given that maybe hundreds or even thousands of generations at least would be required for such a journey in search of a new home world the fact remains they could not afford to waste the organic material in that manner or they would run out of material within there ship eventually.

By the time they got were they were going they would likely have become something else assuming they made it there and living on a planet even if that was there goal would most likely not occur at the end of the journey, so why would they make such a journey well perhaps to escape a dying star or to find new resources in which case there ship would become there world and when they got to where ever they were going it would then serve as the hub of there new colony in space likely with new habitat's built there instead of on planets when they got there, in that scenario the famine would end and then they could dispose of the dead but likely the way they treated the dead would have become a part of whatever belief system they had learned on such a gargantuan voyage.

We could if we had the will attempt to build such a vessel today, it would take generations to build most likely and we would have to use vast amounts of resources to do so and so likely it would be built on the inside orbit of the asteroid belt were machines could mine the asteroids to provide the raw materials, however with three dimensional printing technology's getting ever more advanced it is also possible we could built such a vessel in only a few generations or less as the technology becomes ever more capable.

I personally would favour a large cylindrical world ship spinning on it's axis to create a one G centrifugal force on on the level were people would live on the inside of the hull and would compartmentalize entire sections so as to make them self reliant in case of sectional hull breeches (the bigger the vessel, he thicker and more resistant the hull the better of course - think of it as a mini world ship).

Maintaining the ship's systems would become the greatest long term problem and so a store of resources would also have to be carried as well as a suitable energy source to simulate a sun light illuminated earth like environment over such a huge period of time which currently we probably do not have except of course nuclear power which could be placed in reactors outside the ship, for that also we would need to have a vast store of fissionable material to replace expended rods in those reactors or even replace the entire reactors over time.

Then you would need the energy needed to move your ship out of solar orbit and off in the direction you wanted to head and some method to avoid any collision threats you may detect over time as well as some source of fuel to slow your vessel and position it once you found a suitable environment around another sun like star or if we were going for the extreme long haul survival of our race (or whatever they would become) around a red dwarf star preferably one with ample resources to exploit and build with and that might be tricky to find.

Of course this is just conjecture and to explain that during that flight the last thing they would want to do is throw body's away with all the minerals and materials within them including water as every gram, ever millilitre would be irreplaceable until they reached a source of raw materials they could then refine and this would mean they would have to recycle absolutely everything, and likely let a machine that did not age or die or forget it's purpose do the piloting of there craft.

Some believe such a flight is pure fantasy and the closest we may come is seed ship's carrying DNA or a digitized version of it and the means to recreate it from those stores of memory once the ship got were it was going were it would then create human templates and perhaps also animal templates from it's archives and grow them or even three dimensional print them somehow though give we can not get a health person that stop's breathing to come back to life I think that is actually far more far fetched.

edit on 19-8-2021 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You'll have to forgive me if I disagree, we have a lot of heavy metals in our body's, fillings with mercury in them and many other sources of pollution.

You could use centrifugal separation etc but it is still distasteful and wrong to my mind.

It would be a poor choice for compost and also an offensive one to people like myself whom would see it as one step away from cannibalism.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:51 PM
link   

we have a lot of heavy metals in our body's, fillings with mercury

When you say "a lot", are you talking grams? Several milligrams? How many ppm of mercury do you reckon a human body might contain?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Trust me you have not seen my teeth.

You know it is stable in amalgam form but it still leeches over time and is like many substances bioaccumulate which means that the body stores more than it gets rid of unless of course you are saturated with it and somehow still alive, remember the Chinese emperor taking mercury pill's because they believed it was an immortality substance but hey they also believe ground up rhino horn gets your rock's on.

I remember in a college laboratory one of the technicians spilled a litre of the stuff (you know how heavy it is the container slipped out of his hands) and due to us not having much he then did his best to recover it, worse though he wore a respirator and barred everyone else from the lab he then heated it on a mocked up apparatus over a Bunsen flame and collected the condensate to purify it, crazy we called him but he now has a few PHD's and is a lecturer so? (this was when I was much younger).

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It's because of the phosphorus is nearly depleted.. they will be using human and dog # as well as corpses and bones to help grow crops.. it's sick, but that's the main reason why they want to knock off a huge % of the population because yields will be cut in half by 2024..

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It's called a cemetery grove, or planting a tree for every cremated body. Forests instead of tombstones. Replacing the environment at the same rate people are dying.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So I guess you would be opposed to gardening over an 800 year old grave yard. How about 1,000 or 10,000? Ashes to ashes and dust to dust. Coffins break down and so does the deceased body. They both decompose and become part of the earth. In a relatively short time, from what I've read about 20-30 years but I find that hard to believe because of stories on exhuming bodies.

I personally don't see a whole lot wrong with it. It's simply a quicker breakdown than what presently happens if placed in a coffin in the earth. But tons of people scatter ashes in the ocean, on mountain tops and in memorable locations so what's the difference?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join