It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan now understands the use of airplanes for modern day protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Japan is very quiet and secretive about their military budget and the " black list " or " hidden list " of their military machinery. On TV not long ago they were showing some drills of their " cartoon " type of combat war material. Why do I say " cartoon " because it looked like manga artist were on the drafting board. But their stuff was gear toward the terrain here in Japan and it didn't like they'd be fighting in Saudi Arabia . LOL

Well, the news now is this: Japan's Ministry of Defense plans to allocate over 100 billion yen (about $905 million) in the fiscal 2022 draft budget for acquisition of about 10 additional F-35A and F-35B stealth fighter jets, a source close to the government revealed on Aug. 12.

The amount is almost twice the 65 billion yen (about $588.25 million) for six aircraft in the fiscal 2021 budget. The FY 2022 budget will be allotted to secure the U.S. stealth fighter jets, the most advanced in the world, to accelerate preparations to guard against China's maritime maneuvers. The Defense Ministry will include the sums in its request for budget allocations, due the end of this month.

F-35 stealth fighters are fifth-generation fighter jets that are elusive for radars. F-35A fighters can take off and land at regular runways, while F-35B fighters are capable of short takeoffs and vertical landings. The fighters' introduction is being sped up for deployment on Izumo-class helicopter destroyers, which are being converted into de-facto aircraft carriers. About 20 F-35A aircraft are stationed at the Japan Air Self-Defense Force's (ASDF) Misawa Base in Misawa, Aomori Prefecture.

mainichi.jp...

On this article I feel it may be a bit misleading. Reason to fool the enemy. mainichi.jp...

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   
In most modern warfare scenarios that I am aware of without air superiority you are soggy toast. I hope the F-35 works out for them.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Japan has always been serious about the JASDF. They've fielded license built versions of the F-15 and F-16, known as the F-15J and F-2, respectively. They also have combat capable trainer versions of those aircraft.

The procurement for F-35s will certainly help counter China by giving some multirole stealth capabilities, but it's nothing new. This budget sounds like it's possibly part of the greater deal.

US gives the green light to Japan’s $23B F-35 buy July 9, 2020.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

I live near one of their bases. One wouldn't thnk its a base. I got caught riding my bike just outside of the fence area 10 feet away from the see. A jeep of armed soldiers came. Nothing happened really, questioned , ID , bike registration with my city, resident card and whatever else. I stood their eating a rice ball all the time. Yes, I wouldn't mess them.

edit on 0800000018232021-08-18T21:23:18-05:00231808pm9 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Did they scared you?

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Isn't Japan manufacturing the Mitsubishi F-X?

It supposed to blow the F-35 out of the water.

It's gonna be Japan's F-22... Apparently better than the F-22

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

No it isn't. They're going to have some Lockheed help, but it isn't "going to blow the F-35 out of the water" or be better than the F-22.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
a reply to: musicismagic

Did they scared you?[/quot

no
I'm only 5 foot 3 inches tall. I guess they thought I was just making a mistake on their property.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Isn't Japan manufacturing the Mitsubishi F-X?

It supposed to blow the F-35 out of the water.

It's gonna be Japan's F-22... Apparently better than the F-22

I think is may just be a volume thing in the future. Time will tell. Zaphod may know. Japan has 2 lines of telling the what they are doing in the military. To tell you the truth, the USA is more on spying on Japan then they are in China, at least publicly that is. China is a very real threat to Japan. American forces have families here so if China attacks, China can and will help for Russia's help, maybe, but currently I don't think they like each other . China due to immigration is moving int Russian territory fast in the last 10 years.

top topics

join