It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about face masks.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This one's very simple.

If face masks capture this deadly virus and protect us and everyone, why do we just dispose of them in a normal bin on the street.

Legit tho, why aren't we provided special haz-mat bins? Most bins have holes in the top that people wave their hands over.

Also, could bins be the super spreaders ?

Thoughts ?

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: OwenTrousers

Because it can't just fly off of a mask and get you.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
so it isn't airborne ? a reply to: LordAhriman

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OwenTrousers

Don’t give them any ideas, last thing we need is a face mask disposal tax or whatever other fines they decide to implement.

You would only really have a chance of getting it if you started rubbing your mucous membranes all over the garbage and masks, if that even works. I wouldn’t worry about non traditional routes of exposure, it’s actually really good for the immune system. Like stair wells and door handles.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   

so it isn't airborne ? a reply to: LordAhriman

It is aerosol. It requires moisture droplets to travel. Said droplets would be stuck to the mask, and therefore not traveling.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So the droplet filled masks in the rubbish are disposed of differently to other rubbish ?

Presumably in a special environment with full body suits ?

reply to: LordAhriman

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The droplets are not indefinitely viable, they are organic and exposure to the elements will render them inert. It’s not really an issue, I would imagine that there are far worse things in a garbage bin compared to coronavirus. Garbage is dirty, plus you inhale millions or billions of potential friends with each breath.
edit on 16-8-2021 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So the droplet filled masks in the rubbish are disposed of differently to other rubbish ?

No. They don't need to be. There is no way for the virus to travel off of the mask unless you were to touch one shortly after someone took it off, and then picked your nose, sucked your fingers, or touched your eyes.

I feel like I'm reading Facebook memes from April of last year.

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Funny, I too feel like I am reading things off Facebook....Must be all the excuses ?

a reply to: LordAhriman

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Unless you plan on picking up the masks and licking them I wouldn't worry about it.

If you do plan that then maybe covid isn't your biggest issue...

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I feel like I'm reading Facebook memes from April of last year.

Do you know how many people come out of years long comas every month? This Covid-19 bug is new to them.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   
yeh I totally agree, it's like they don't even realise the covid bug has been around for decades 😂
a reply to: carewemust

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If face masks capture this deadly virus and protect us and everyone, why do we just dispose of them in a normal bin on the street.

This drives me nuts.

Worst thing about the masks is people littering them

disgusting.

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 06:10 PM
link   
But that's not what I said ? Totally different point but yeh I agree with you. a reply to: angryscotslad

posted on Aug, 17 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
don`t worry about the ones that are on the mask worry about the other 99% that go right through the mask.,and besides most of the used masks just end up in the ocean anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Totally agree.
No one has been able to give a proper answer yet 😜
Cog-dis is strong on this one.

a reply to: rsvpzxc

posted on Aug, 18 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I find it funny as well.

Deadliest disease in the world, lockdowns everywhere, vaccine passports mandated.....but here, wear your homemade mask every day that you don't wash daily and toss your disposable one in a trash can or the ground.

There is plenty about the narrative that does not pass the smell test.....this is one of my favorites.

top topics

join