It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan Government to Handover power to the Taliban, as Fighters enter Kabul.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

He could have not been mia while writing has been on the wall the last few weeks.

He could have jumped on the state department to help the people that risked their lives for us the last 20 years he could have moved earlier to put troops on the ground to help facilitate getting innocents out of harm's way.

Other than that you are right .

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just a thought but who do we think won the War in Afghanistan, if anyone can ever really "win"

The Taliban and arms dealers.

Their traditional opposition in the north were killed or had to flee during the war. The Afghan Government was more corrupt than the Taliban and Afghan Army killed more civillians than the Taliban so their power is secured for a long time.

Though arguably they even lost themselves as they had to corrupt their own millitant warped view of Islam so they could justify selling opium/heroin to fund their own arms in the conflict several years into the war.

Arms firms made nearly $1tn from it.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: everyone

You can thank Biden for that.

Biden holds responsibility for continuing with the plan started by Trump.

Somebody needs to link a copy of the real Trump "agreements" and highlight the parts that have been "overlooked".

Blaming Trump NOW is just an admission of incompetence 🤣

It's here, all Biden did was change the data rather than any of the details of the terrible plan: Doha Agreement There were 100 attacks per day by the Taliban after they signed the peace agreement.

Page 2 C, D and E is where he agreed to free Taliban fighters, lift US economic sanctions on the Taliban and for the US to lobby the UN and nations on behalf of the Taliban to encourage them to lift their own economic sanctions on the Taliban.

The US/Trump had already had the Taliban prisoners freed so Biden couldn't do anything about that; but it's very poor form of him to blame Trump now when he should have ripped up his plan on day one and formed a peace and withdrawal agreement with the afghan government instead.
edit on 15-8-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Important statement from former president Donald Trump regarding today's sad developments in Afghanistan, and critical areas of u.s. society.

Thanks to CherokeeTroy: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I do not understand why we didn't put a ring of steel around Kabul tell the Taliban once evac is done the city is yours but 1 injured soldier and we unleash hell, now we get to watch the train wreck in real time.

Airport taking fire, all the rich got out bet a bunch of people that risked their butts helping us are stick now.

So disgusted..

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just a thought but who do we think won the War in Afghanistan, if anyone can ever really "win"

The people who were meant to benefit won. That is the armaments and other contractors who made countless billions, all paid by NATO taxpayers and the UN of course over the past 20 years. Not to mention all the NGOs and corrupt “charities” who have also benefitted greatly.

That’s all without accounting for the Opium revenues which went to intelligence agencies.

Not a traditional military victory by any stretch of the imagination, but a nice little racket they had going.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wouldn't blame Trump for this either. He just accelerated the inevitable. It's fairly obvious this was going to happen one day or another.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

From what I read, military advisors thought that they had another 18 months. They thought wrong apparently.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wonder if the new Afghan Government will file extradition requests for George Bush and Tony Blair on war crimes charges?

That’d at least add some ironic humour to the situation.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2021 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is especially personal for me as I lost two friends in that sh*thole.

One of them happened to be the husband of my wife's best friend in high school and was killed when an RPG shot down their chinook during Operation Red Wings. You can see them together at the end of the movie Lone Survivor.

R.I.P. FCC (SEAL) Jacques Fontan.
R.I.P. 2LT William Babcock

Widow of Navy SEAL killed in Afghanistan 15 years ago tells story of grief and acceptance

My wife got off the phone with her this morning and she's absolutely devastated. She also has friends among some of the Afghanis and she knows they are going to die once the Taliban finds them.

I think we can all agree it was time to leave Afghanistan but it's the manner in which this inept administration handled this. Once the Taliban were given a date (9/11/21), they knew they had to rush the capital before it could be reinforced by emergency U.S. troops and Airborne and they succeeded.

Heads need to roll over this debacle but it won't be in Washington, it's will be the Afghan people we abandoned after 20 years who helped us that are going to die. I'm absolutely sad, disgusted, and very angry.
edit on 16-8-2021 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5   >>

join