It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan Government to Handover power to the Taliban, as Fighters enter Kabul.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am follwoing this just now on The Gaurdian who are reporting that Taliban fighters have entered Kabul and that there are gonig to be discussions between Afghan government and the Taliban for a "transition of power".

In otherwords.

NATO forces spent 20 years fighting against these thugs only for them to walk back into power about days after they left.

The BBC have reported that:

A Taliban spokesman has told the BBC's Yalda Hakim "there will be no revenge" on the people of Afghanistan.

"We assure the people in Afghanistan, particularly in the city of Kabul, that their properties, their lives are safe - there will be no revenge on anyone," Suhail Shaheen told the BBC

And there is to been a meeting in Qutar today to speak with taliban representatives.

Almost all western states are now evacuating their nationals.

What a mess.
edit on 15-8-2021 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I wonder, if we had stayed for another 2 years, would the end result be different?
or is it in how we left? All I can come up with is we should never have been there in the first place.

If the Afgan army is this inept, then this is the least deadly way for all this to happen. The outcome was inevitable.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   

That was fast.

Almost seems like they made a previous arrangement.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Transition of power is the polite way of saying they surrendered.

Understandable. Nobody wanted to fight for the puppet government. It only took 3 months for the whole country to fall. I'm surprised it lasted that long with the mass defections and desertions from the ANA.

Hopefully the new Taliban government will not be as brutal as the 90s incarnation.

The reality is this was the outcome of this futile war from the beginning.

edit on 1582021 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

That was fast.

There are probalby a few state actors who have helped out the Taliban wiht this, pakistan, saudi, UAE and so on. They've probably just been sitting back, chilliing out waiting for NATO to piss off so they can roll over the country. I woudl bet that the Afghan military has also been "in on it" in some way too.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yup never should have been there or we should have gone in to wage war not politics.

Now china will sweep in make friends and own all the mineral rights in a few years.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I saw that coming, 20 years ago.

Total waste of everything from the people to the money, and we knew from watching the Russians that it was just a lather, rinse, repeat of the same wasted effort bull#.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Total waste of everything from the people to the money, and we knew from watching the Russians that it was just a lather, rinse, repeat of the same wasted effort bull#.

Not only that but this is going to be painted as a big win for the Taliban, they're going to spin this and make out the won the war of attrition. They will be burning the embassies once they're empty and before you know it in 18 months we will be talking about how its banning girls from going to school and ISIS are setting up training camps.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Islamic State training camps seem unlikely. ISIL and the Taliban hate each other.

Education prospects look bleak for Afghan women for the foreseeable future, which is very disagreeable to me but at the end of the day it is their country. They have the right to rule it as they see fit. If there was any meaningful opposition to the Taliban in Afghanistan they would not have taken over so quickly.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Nyiah

Not only that but this is going to be painted as a big win for the Taliban, they're going to spin this and make out the won the war of attrition. They will be burning the embassies once they're empty and before you know it in 18 months we will be talking about how its banning girls from going to school and ISIS are setting up training camps.

They're already painting as a major win, and they really don't even have to try. They have shiny new humvees, shiny new drones, shiny new helicopters, a whole bunch of shiny new # every extremist fundie government would love the US to give out like Halloween candy.

This is going to bite us in the ass all around, hard. Remember how long I've been saying on here that we'd eventually pick a fight we cannot win and it would haunt us?

Think we found it.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: MykeNukem

That was fast.

There are probalby a few state actors who have helped out the Taliban wiht this, pakistan, saudi, UAE and so on. They've probably just been sitting back, chilliing out waiting for NATO to piss off so they can roll over the country. I woudl bet that the Afghan military has also been "in on it" in some way too.

No doubt.

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Hopefully we don't go back.

The Taliban and Sharia are going to gain a major stronghold for now that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Fair point i just mean the camps will be back.

I just think this is awful, was always kind of inevitable sadly.

We have stayed way to long, putting this off and every day we did it cost us more money and blood.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Plus side for this debacle, the vast majority of the vehicles will be useless within a year, all of our shiny high tech toys take a great deal of hard work and money for parts to keep them working right.

Even with all of our hard work and money we lost helicopters with disturbing frequency while over there.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I feel bad for the women and young children stuck in that 3rd world country.

The women who grew up used to going to school, wearing jeans and living a somewhat normal life.
And the children who will now be brainwashed into thinking that this is the way to live.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: network dude

we should have gone in to wage war not politics.

This is spot on. Politics is for after war is won. This has been the problem ever since Vietnam, politicians trying to dictating how wage war.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Just read another report form a Journalist in Kabul saying that they're saying Afghan forces just drop their weapons and abandon their posts.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Apparently the Taliban are granting amnesty to all government workers, military and police, saying they are free to join the Taliban with no questions about the past.

Here is an Afghan police office kissing and hugging the Taliban.

Here are some people fleeing Kabul

link   
At this point I am just hoping we get the people that helped us out of there in time.

I doubt it, but I am hoping and praying that they do get out because what the taliban will do to those families will be an atrocity.

link   

Get ready for Sharia law!

Maybe the plan this time is to let them have it then just glass the place.....that would be right on par with how evil Biden is.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Apparently the Taliban are granting amnesty to all government workers, military and police, saying they are free to join the Taliban with no questions about the past.

Here is an Afghan police office kissing and hugging the Taliban.

Here are some people fleeing Kabul

Until the international scrutiny dies down.

Then they'll go back to their likable selves.

Those people fleeing are smart, might bee their only chance.
edit on 8/15/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join