It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Record Set for Migrants Crossing the English Channel to UK in a single day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Another single day record has been set for the number of illegal immigrants crossing the English Channel intent on forcing their way into our Country with at least 592 people picked up on Thursday and ferried home to Blighty bringing the official total of boat people this year to at least 11,000.

Nearly 600 people have crossed the English Channel on a single day this week, setting a new daily record.

At least 592 people made the crossing on Thursday with at about 155 hopefuls intercepted by French authorities and returned to the continent, Home Office figures show. , Home Office figures show.

It beats the previous record of 482 set on 4 August, according to data compiled by the PA news agency.
news.sky.com...

I hope they enjoy their free hotel accommodation and all of the benefits that come with being an illegal immigrant in the UK , they now have the right to complain about their inhumane accommodation and to take the government to court for whatever gripe they may have safe in the knowledge that deportation is a thing that likely won't happen to them , I will continue to pay my taxes to help keep them in the lifestyle they will no doubt become accustomed to.

Meanwhile our government can continue to concentrate on the things they feel are important like removing our freedom of speech , spending inordinate amounts of money on projects people don't want and awarding lucrative contracts to their friends and donors.

Splendid job chaps , looking forward to the next election.

Lisa Doyle, director of advocacy and engagement at the Refugee Council, said: "The government needs to recognise that while there is war, persecution and violence, people will be forced to take dangerous journeys to seek safety.

Strange how people can only seek safety in the UK and not the "safe" European countries they pass through on their way to the French coast isn't it Lisa !

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Is this sarcasm?

It seems to me you voted for this and defend these totalitarian policies every chance you get.

This is sarcasm right?

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

It seems to me you voted for this and defend these totalitarian policies every chance you get.

Seems to me you are making assumptions with no evidence , I did not vote for Boris Johnson or this failing government.

This is sarcasm right?

Wrong.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

This is sarcasm right?

No its genuine discontent.

But unfortunately with a lack of understanding that in the not to distant past the UK done its damndist to forcibly colonise every other landmass it could reach and as a result no one really gives a rats that their getting a little bit of their own medicine.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You can substitute U.S for U.K and it would still be the same. Our governments are utter failures and it's just a matter of time till it all goes to Hell.
600 ? pffft.
Wait till you hit these numbers.

The number of migrants detained along the Mexico border crossed a new threshold last month, exceeding 200,000 for the first time in 21 years, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection enforcement data released Thursday.

Among the 212,672 migrants taken into U.S. custody in July were 82,966 family members and 18,962 unaccompanied teenagers and children

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:42 AM
link   

At least 592 people made the crossing on Thursday with at about 155 hopefuls intercepted by French authorities and returned to the continent

Ah, so they're not "illegals". They're "HOPEFULS"!!

Can't wait for this to cross the pond and get embraced wholesale in Washington.

edit on 14-8-2021 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

600 ? pffft.
Wait till you hit these numbers.

These are the numbers for one form of illegal migration , people are still coming over in the back of trucks

We are a small country.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
It's going to get a lot worse now the Taliban are in control again, I dont blame anyone trying to leave that place.

As for them going to the UK, they are more likely to have learnt English than French or German etc. So it makes sense they want to be in the uk.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gb540

Ah, so they're not "illegals". They're "HOPEFULS"!!

No , they're illegals hopeful of getting to their country of choice .

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm with ya on this.

We've had enough Migrants coming over already and most are not from war torn countries but Pritti has said she wants them taken back or taken to a safe island where they can be assessed properly before coming to England (Can't see this happening), also who is directly involved in this? Paying for them to come over or bringing them over?? It can't continue as it is but I can;'t see it ending any time soon, especially with those Afghans now seeking a way out of Afghan and I've read that many will be trying to get to the UK. Why? Why can't they stay in a neighboring Country?

Who knows who will be coming? More Jihadi's disguised as Refugee's no doubt. The Invasion will truly be underway!

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe
Hardly any Afghans have come to the UK. The vast, vast majority are black African young men. They are NOT leaving a war torn country, they are coming to the UK because we are a soft touch. Free housing, money in their pockets and they still want to commit crimes.
The knife crimes have gone up tremendously, virtually all of them migrants. I have in-laws originally from Jamaica and they are up in arms as these migrant criminals are black and they are getting lumped in with the narrative, even though they are decent law abiding citizens.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Hardly any Afghans have come to the UK. The vast, vast majority are black African young men. They are NOT leaving a war torn country, they are coming to the UK because we are a soft touch. Free housing, money in their pockets and they still want to commit crimes.
The knife crimes have gone up tremendously, virtually all of them migrants. I have in-laws originally from Jamaica and they are up in arms as these migrant criminals are black and they are getting lumped in with the narrative, even though they are decent law abiding citizens.

That's now, I'm talking when the Taliban have full control again. There will be plenty of Afghan refugees.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe

That's now, I'm talking when the Taliban have full control again. There will be plenty of Afghan refugees.

Nah it is correct, Afghan refugees end up in Pakistan (same place if not for Brits creating imaginary 19th C borders) and other neighbouring states, they don't come to Britain.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Most migrants from Africa I've met in the factories are extremely hard working people and do jobs British locals are too lazy to do. There is an under class of local British who would rather sit on their fat asses claiming benefits and swigging drink and taking drugs while the rest of us workers pay for it in our taxes. Best thing is they blame everything on the migrants but if these dole loving work shy layabouts actually got off their lazy backsides and did the work that needs doing then TPTB wouldn't turn an effectively blind eye to the boat people coming in and do something about it. There are jobs that need doing here in the UK and as long as the lazy free loaders continue to live their lives by expecting something for nothing then migrants will be needed by this country.
edit on 14-8-2021 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

I'm with ya on this.

We've had enough Migrants coming over already and most are not from war torn countries but Pritti has said she wants them taken back or taken to a safe island where they can be assessed properly before coming to England (Can't see this happening), also who is directly involved in this? Paying for them to come over or bringing them over?? It can't continue as it is but I can;'t see it ending any time soon, especially with those Afghans now seeking a way out of Afghan and I've read that many will be trying to get to the UK. Why? Why can't they stay in a neighboring Country?

Who knows who will be coming? More Jihadi's disguised as Refugee's no doubt. The Invasion will truly be underway!

Italy had being seeing an uptake of African Migrants coming from Africa. Most of them are Males. Not children. The MSM has avoided showing how the African migrants are being smuggled into Italy.

When Italy had the Lega MSM and leftists in Italy accused the Italian PM of migrant kidnapped.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

It did...Dreamers was the Obama buzzword.

posted on Aug, 14 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

you do understand by now that the world leaders like to look at the computers and dream of being in bed with them pretty girls , don't you

madness has taken over our leadership around the world

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

It did...Dreamers was the Obama buzzword.

The word also existed before Obama, it's been a part of the English language for quite some time.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Used as a PC word for an illegal alien?

It was used as a shortened form of daydreamer as a negative term. A nicer form of idler or layabout, though. But still a negative connotation. Calling the children of illegals “Dreamers” was an Obama era term.

new topics

top topics

join