It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Services respond to a 'Significant and Serious Incident in Plymouth UK

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 20Eyes1974

Thing is Trump dont hold much sway down Plymouth way 20Eyes1974.

The wee guys mad twisted view of the world seems to have extended rather further down the rabbit hole than political ideologies and ex-POTUS, of other nations, on other continents.

So on this occasion, mad YouTube rants and outburst aside, i dont think Donald has much to do with anything really.
edit on 15-8-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

*shrugs* same can be said when something bad happens in the US, lotta folks from over seas are quick to point out how stupid we are because of X.

Just chalk it up to internet behavior.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Itisnowagain

However him having the gun returned will most lightly turn out to be a oversight or mistake on part of the authorities.

I don't imagine they returned the thing so he could go on to commit mass murder.

I don't imagine they did either. But I do think they didn't really care if he went on to harass and torment more women with it. That seems to be the form for British police. Women have been complaining about this very thing for years (that I know of), and it ramped up big time with the Sarah Everard killing.

I've been reading this thread, and especially your comments, and just shaking my head, wondering if you are really ignorant of what a problem this is, or if you are trying desperately to put the blame on a thing rather than the misogynists and incels that harm women.

Someone made a serious judgment error returning that weapon put it that way.

Was it a judgment error? Or is it just standard operating procedure? It would seem to be the latter, and it would seem the police are not just ignoring these crimes, but are too often the perpetrators as well.

We cannot fix the problem until we acknowledge the problem. And the problem is that society and authorities refuse to address the fact that too many men hate women and want to hurt women and will hurt women and do hurt women. Sometimes they even kill women.

I'm sure I can easily find plenty of links for any doubters or deniers.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I canny really comment on that Boadicea as i dont hate woman but it seems to me, you might hate men somewhat with your lack of manners and "ignorant" comment.

Just to also point out he killed both sexes on this occasion.

My take on the matter don't give mad bastards guns, or return them if in any doubt, no matter there sex.

Problem seems to have been him not receiving the help he obviously required and the fact that he got his gun back.

Have a nice day. x

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:04 AM
link   
That kiss Andy gave you is no doubt a Glasgow kiss.

Glasgow kiss - Wiktionary
en.m.wiktionary.org...

He does it often..... notice when and in what context he gives them out.

edit on 15-8-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
But this is like me blaming brexit for a train crash in India.

It's bizarre.

a reply to: Irishhaf

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Your putting way to much thought in to it now Itisnowagain.

But taken to its logical conclusion, i would lose a monitor as opposed to actually headbutting anyone. x

Plus, even in Glasgow, headbutting Woman is frowned upon, my old Maw would give me a Glaswegian kiss if i ever even considered such a notion.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Everyone seems to playing up this Incel angle and there's no doubt some truth in it.

But as you say his victims included men.....and the person who he assaulted that resulted in his gun being taken off him was a 16 year old male.

The more I've read about this guy the more apparent its becoming that he was just a thoroughly not nice person.
He was a bully as well as a misogynist.

Initially I sort of pictured him as a bit of weak and feeble human being.
But he was a 6ft tall body builder who was built like a brick # house who was known to be aggressive.
It seems he had got worse since he had started using steroids and amphetamine - not a good combination.

How on earth this scumbag was allowed a pump action shotgun is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Yeah.....I been studying and watching closely where and when you use the x.

I mentioned on another thread that your kisses were condescending and not genuine.....because of where you were placing them.

But......I worked it out.
Your kisses are genuine......because you are scottish.......your kisses are scottish kisses.
Urban Dictionary: Scottish Kiss
www.urbandictionary.com...

edit on 15-8-2021 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I canny really comment on that Boadicea as i dont hate woman...

I never suggested that you do hate women... I don't hate women either. But I do read the news and other information, and know that it's a problem. A BIG problem. And because I know you can read and that you can access the same news and information that I can, I wondered if you have read the same news and information. Nothing about hating women or men. YOU brought that into the conversation.

I can only assume that you are well aware of the problems I mentioned, and the increased public attention and demands, because you did not ask for the links I offered to post, or in any way address those very public issues.

...but it seems to me, you might hate men somewhat with your lack of manners and "ignorant" comment.

Best defense is a good offense, eh???

I don't hate men. I did not blame "all" men for anything. In fact, I did not even mention "men," only misogynists and incels. I was very specific in my distinctions. YOU are the one who made it about men in general, not misogynists and incels in particular. And I did not even suggest that you were a misogynist or incel, only that you might be blaming a "thing" rather than the men person using it as a weapon.

Unfortunately, I think you have answered my question, albeit by not answering my question, and insulting me instead of addressing the matter I brought up. There was no lack of manners on my part. Nor did I say anything ignorant. In fact, I offered to provide links for any "doubters" or "deniers."

And? So? It does not change the violent and visceral hatred incels and misogynists hold for women. Further, the incel mentality also hates the men who are successful with women. It's part and parcel of the same mentality.

My take on the matter don't give mad bastards guns, or return them if in any doubt, no matter there sex.

Great! That's as it should be. But that's not what is happening, and the point of my comment. Police have different protocols and procedures when the victim is a woman. That's much of the problem. There's a very good chance that if the victim had been male, that the weapon would NOT have been returned. But because of different rules for female victims, the weapon was returned.

You can't fix the problem if you refuse to recognize and address the problem.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
That kiss Andy gave you is no doubt a Glasgow kiss.

Glasgow kiss - Wiktionary
en.m.wiktionary.org...

He does it often..... notice when and in what context he gives them out.

Ahhhhhhh... thank you.

Good to know. Especially in the context of this conversation about a violent murderous incel.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:44 AM
link   

That seems to be the form for British police.

Whereas US police are exemplary law enforcement officers and are a shining example of how other nations police forces should operate.

They certainly have their faults....a hell of a lot of them down to a serial lack of funding and the invasive nature of the woke agenda and political correctness.

Was it a judgment error? Or is it just standard operating procedure?

Neither.
It was incompetence.

There is no hidden anti-women agenda or failure to take women's allegations seriously.
Most allegations of abuse against women are investigated as best the police can given their at times limited resources and are taken very seriously by the police, but unfortunately mistakes are made.
And sometimes they are just downright negligent.....pretty much the same as every police force the world over.

And the problem is that society and authorities refuse to address the fact that too many men hate women and want to hurt women and will hurt women and do hurt women. Sometimes they even kill women.

The problem is too many people hate other people.
Some of them are men hating women and vice versa.
And some of them are men hating men.

What we should be doing is asking why society is producing so many hate filled people regardless of gender.
Solve that and well....its pretty much plain sailing after that.

edit on 15/8/21 by Freeborn because: Don't want to upset the grammar police.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   

You study when i issue kisses, im flattered i suppose. LoL

Just taking the urine now.

Sometimes they are simple terms of endearment, sometime they are to signify, emphasize, or lay stress to my sentence.

I come from a culture with rather complex logistics, where "how" means "why", "awayyego" means "I do not believe you", and "Awrite" can allude to both "i understand" and "hello".

Sometimes a kiss is simply a kiss all the same.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 09:56 AM
link   

How have i made it about men in general? LoL

Its not about Men hating Woman Boadicea, its about lunatics with shotguns that kill people including men woman and children.

And there is nothing great about that im afraid.

Ive not got a problem recognising nor addressing the issue.

Plainly clear what transpired and as i suggest he killed both sexes.

And as far as i can determine he was miffed with the fact that he could not get a lady friend, not that he hated or wanted to hurt them.

Where has he claimed he wanted to hurt Woman directly?

Did i miss that part, seems to be rather miffed he could not sleep with them i suppose down to the way he looked.

Put it this way do you imagine he shot his mother because she was a Woman or because she was his mother?

What about the little girl, did he off her because she would have become a Woman?

That sods problems ran rather deeper than misplaces hated for the opposite sex.

And to assume otherwise could quite frankly be considered rather ignorant.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I canny really comment on that Boadicea as i dont hate woman...

I never suggested that you do hate women... I don't hate women either. But I do read the news and other information, and know that it's a problem. A BIG problem. And because I know you can read and that you can access the same news and information that I can, I wondered if you have read the same news and information. Nothing about hating women or men. YOU brought that into the conversation.

I can only assume that you are well aware of the problems I mentioned, and the increased public attention and demands, because you did not ask for the links I offered to post, or in any way address those very public issues.

...but it seems to me, you might hate men somewhat with your lack of manners and "ignorant" comment.

Best defense is a good offense, eh???

I don't hate men. I did not blame "all" men for anything. In fact, I did not even mention "men," only misogynists and incels. I was very specific in my distinctions. YOU are the one who made it about men in general, not misogynists and incels in particular. And I did not even suggest that you were a misogynist or incel, only that you might be blaming a "thing" rather than the men person using it as a weapon.

Unfortunately, I think you have answered my question, albeit by not answering my question, and insulting me instead of addressing the matter I brought up. There was no lack of manners on my part. Nor did I say anything ignorant. In fact, I offered to provide links for any "doubters" or "deniers."

And? So? It does not change the violent and visceral hatred incels and misogynists hold for women. Further, the incel mentality also hates the men who are successful with women. It's part and parcel of the same mentality.

Great! That's as it should be. But that's not what is happening, and the point of my comment. Police have different protocols and procedures when the victim is a woman. That's much of the problem. There's a very good chance that if the victim had been male, that the weapon would NOT have been returned. But because of different rules for female victims, the weapon was returned.

You can't fix the problem if you refuse to recognize and address the problem.

I read that the victim was a male.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Whereas US police are exemplary law enforcement officers and are a shining example of how other nations police forces should operate.

No, of course not. And your whataboutism is ridiculous. We aren't talking about a crime committed in the USA, where the laws and protocols for law enforcement are very different than their British counterparts. As are the laws and protocols for firearm ownership. I have been just as quick to call out USA law enforcement when appropriate and necessary.

They certainly have their faults....a hell of a lot of them down to a serial lack of funding and the invasive nature of the woke agenda and political correctness.

Yup.

It was incompetence.

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

There is no hidden anti-women agenda or failure to take women's allegations seriously.

Many many women say different:

Violence against women survey receives ‘unprecedented’ 78,000 submissions over one weekend, Priti Patel says

The problem is too many people hate other people.
Some of them are men hating women and vice versa.
And some of them are men hating men.

I don't disagree; but hate itself isn't the biggest problem; the hate is only the motivation for the violence against women of all ages. The violence is the biggest problem, compounded by a lack of will to address it and stop it. Mental health plays a part in that, but so does deterrence and repercussions for violent actions.

what we should be doing is asking why society is producing so many hate filled people regardless of gender.
Solve that and well....its pretty much plain sailing after that.

That's a start, and a good start, but just a start. People can hate whoever they want but that does not justify or excuse violence against them.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Looks like Lurch could have ripped their heads off without the shotgun if we are honest.

Big boy, and speed and steroids are never a good mix.

Giving that back a pump action shotgun is pretty darn mental bordering on belligerent misconduct.

If i had signed off on that one i would be asking myself some serious questions.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

How have i made it about men in general? LoL

By accusing me of hating "men" when I only referred to "misogynists" and "incels" who harm women. I am well aware that there are plenty of female misogynists and femcels -- the female version of incels. But historically and statistically speaking, men are overwhelmingly more likely to commit violence.

Its not about Men hating Woman Boadicea, its about lunatics with shotguns that kill people including men woman and children.

Yes, that's the big picture. But a big part of that big picture is that there is a big problem with law enforcement failing to address violence against women, as opposed to violence against men. An even bigger part of that problem is that there seems to be a huge number of police officers who are themselves predators who are not investigated or prosecuted for their own crimes, such as the police officer who killed Sarah Everard.

And as far as i can determine he was miffed with the fact that he could not get a lady friend, not that he hated or wanted to hurt them.

Where has he claimed he wanted to hurt Woman directly?

Did i miss that part, seems to be rather miffed he could not sleep with them i suppose down to the way he looked.

Put it this way do you imagine he shot his mother because she was a Woman? What about the little girl, did he off he because she would have become a Woman?

Please don't play dumb. He ranted plenty about women/girls, was known to be violent, and was even kicked off Reddit the day before the shooting for harassing and threatening a 16-year-old girl. (Perhaps the trigger for his rampage?)

Further, the entire incel community is known for violent threats against women and girls, and we have several examples of mass shootings committed by self-proclaimed incels. That is more than enough reasonable cause to suspect and expect that he was capable of using violence against the women/girls he ranted against. Including his own mother, who incels often blame for their problems, and young girls who will grow up to be an even more hateful women. And, of course, the men who are not incels, who don't hate women, and do have successful relationships (of all kinds) with women. That is the incel mentality.

That sods problems ran rather deeper than misplaces hated for the opposite sex.

Definitely. But the end result is the same: battered and dead female bodies.

posted on Aug, 15 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I read that the victim was a male.

That may be true. I had read that the previous victim was a female, but this morning I've now read that it was a male, and that it was both a male and a female. I don't know what to think at this point.

I'll keep looking for something official with specifics.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join