It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covid stress and your diet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This isn't about what to combat the Covid epidemic with a special diet, but it is possible there might be one available, but it is the stress level that this unknown and unseen enemy we around the world are being faced with.
Many people think Asians are healthy skinny these days due to their diet. For us living in east Asia and other parts of Asia that simply not true. I've been here long enough to know one thing, old people love to eat rice based snacks and they seem to keep there weight in tact. Young people ( 22 to 34 years of age ) now are seeing a different in their weight , at increasing levels. School children here are not obese. Some are maybe due to medical or family genes.

Using the WHO criteria Japan has the lowest rate of obesity among the OECD member countries at 3.2%. However, as Asian populations are particularly susceptible to the health risks of excess adipose tissue the Japanese have redefined obesity as any BMI greater than 25.

With all the natural disasters happening around the world recently, food shortages are and will be an IMEDIATE  problem . We are already seeing some items going drastically up in price. Fruit this year is crazily over priced. 2 peaches for 600 yen, 6 bucks. There's a reason for that ... weather patterns are changing.

More people are stressed out these days and eating poorly, also people's incomes have dropped and its easier to buy junk food, but junk food is not evil to the body, just have to eat it in moderation. I like to be active and enjoy cycling, did do jogging for many years, but age has now caught up with me. Eating balance meals now and really has always been something we may have taken for granted, but now it seems like we have become like chickens in a cage eating continuously throughout the day. Driving the car and eating, making a quick dash over to Jack in the Box for a taco on the way home before dinner and , well you get my message.

I just wanted to share this link about eating. Its about using common sense in your diet. Common sense does seem like it left when the door closes these days. Have a read.

www.cosmopolitan.com...#:~:text=9%20Things%20You%20Need%20to%20Know%20About%20Healthy,you% 27ve%20been%20taught%20to%20approach%20healthy%20eating.%20
edit on 0800000056512021-08-11T23:51:56-05:00515608pm11 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 03:56 AM
link   
All respiratory viruses are strongly correlated to microbiome health. COVID-19 is no exception.

medicalxpress.com...

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.thehealthsite.com...

But let's not get into crazy talk... like how eating fruits and veggies can dramatically reduce symptoms and duration of infection.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyBravada
All respiratory viruses are strongly correlated to microbiome health. COVID-19 is no exception.

medicalxpress.com...

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

www.thehealthsite.com...

But let's not get into crazy talk... like how eating fruits and veggies can dramatically reduce symptoms and duration of infection.

I'm just saying that a balance meal is the key to better health, especially when you are like say 70 years old.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
I just wanted to share this link about eating. Its about using common sense in your diet. Common sense does seem like it left when the door closes these days. Have a read.

Link

Fixed your link for ya, but... good god, man, no, this is the worst advice ever.

Calling Intermittent Fasting a 'fad diet'? Saying that skipping meals is the same as 'starving yourself'? That is so dumb it defies imagination.

Intermittent Fasting was the key to my finally being able to lose the 90+ lbs I've been trying to lose for the past 25+ years.

For the first time in that time, I'm down to my ideal weight, and have been here for well over a year now. That was impossible for me to do, and I've tried it all.

This is coming from someone who has been studying natural health for 30 years or so.

new topics

top topics

join