It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British man arrested for spying for Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 09:32 PM
link   
A British national working in the British embassy in Berlin has been arrested for spying on behalf of Russia

British national spying for Russia
edit on 11-8-2021 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

From your link...

The 57-year-old man, known as David S, is suspected of selling documents to a representative of a Russian intelligence service.

So he was spying for Russia, sold some documents to an undercover Russian intelligence officer and instead of telling him they're on the same side the Russian dobs him in?

A punishment for incompetence perhaps?

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

From the article it appears he was known about for a while which leads me to believe they were trying to see what and who he would lead them to. If you already knew the guy had fed them info you feed him some inconsequential info then watch where he goes.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I'm puzzled as to why this is being prosecuted by the Germans.

No issue with German policing, but aren't embassys' 'sovereign territory', ie part of the home country?

Also its not being done in a very discrete way.

It almost reads like a publicity stunt, which I'm sure it isn't.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa

I'm puzzled as to why this is being prosecuted by the Germans.

No issue with German policing, but aren't embassys' 'sovereign territory', ie part of the home country?

Also its not being done in a very discrete way.

It almost reads like a publicity stunt, which I'm sure it isn't.

Well see the man HAd to leave the embassy to meet them prolly,and DIplomatic immunity does not protect from espionage charges.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

The article made it seem like he was arrested there. Not sure if they're planning to procescute him there or not...they might hand him back to the UK.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yeah CI 101.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

His activity may have adversely impacted German interests.

During the Cold War, there was a U.S. NCO who sold the NATO war plan to the Soviets -- his actions would have crippled NATO's defense had there been a war. The Germans prosecuted and sentenced him to life in prison, in which he died a few years ago.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

Well either he was a double agent doing something the Germans did not like but we were fully aware OR we have let our security slip so far we deserve to have egg on our face but either way an embarrassment for British Security and likely to upset a lot of our allies if they think our security is so porous that this kind of thing happens, not that Hunter Biden passing Laptops to the Chinese through Russian female go between's is any better for the yank's.

At least someone kept there eye's open and shame on us it had to be the Gerry's to save the day.

posted on Aug, 12 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Good to know we are not the only suckers on the block.

top topics

join