It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADE - the 2020 pre-clinical trials and the respected PhD who most annoys the official narrative

page: 1

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Appearing more frequently in discussions these days, 'Antibody-Dependent Enhancement' (ADE) is a serious problem that applies to failed Coronavirus vaccines in the past, but why is it important, and what does it mean for the current crop of vaccines? In a nutshell, ADE occurs when antibodies recognize and bind to a pathogen but cannot prevent infection, potentially making matters far worse for the vaccinated.

Vaccines have a long history of ADE dating back to the 1960s, but let's focus on Covid-19's closest relative: the 2003 SARS-CoV epidemic that affected 26 countries after it was first discovered a year earlier in Guangdong, China. The failure of the vaccine back then is described in an article published on 5th December 2018 by Frontiers In Microbiology. It also provides a useful list of vaccine failures across two decades. More pertinently, just 15 months before the first human clinical trial for the Moderna jab in March 2020, it concluded its concerns about ADE thusly:

Even with the current available data supporting the correlation between ADE and SARS-CoV preexisting antibodies, more studies are critically needed to accurately address and understand this issue in humans.

"Hmmm" or “YIKES!” you may reply, "How is 15 months enough time for an intervening critical study?" Nevertheless, on 16th March 2020, forty-five brave volunteers aged between 18 to 55 years stepped up to the plate in a preliminary Phase 1 clinical trial for Moderna's "investigational" vaccine. 44-year-old Jennifer Haller was first in line, and you can tell how cheerful she was about it.

She's still alive 17 months later, by the way, so that's comforting, yet we know that Covid-19 affects different people in all manner of ways. But back to ADE...

On 31st March, an article by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) interviewed Haller, also noting how immunologist Barney Graham was overjoyed at jabbing a volunteer in world record time since the Chinese first provided him with the RNA sequence on 13th January 2020. However, behind the cheers, I'm somewhat alarmed by the casual way Graham reflected on the ADE problems he'd encountered back in the 1960s:

The effort benefited from lessons Graham learned from his past vaccine efforts, including his work on respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). The search for an RSV vaccine has a checkered past: in 1966, a trial of a candidate vaccine was linked to the death of two children. Later studies identified the problem as vaccine-triggered antibodies that bound to the surface protein of the virus but did not neutralize its ability to infect cells. This antibody-viral complex, in turn, sometimes led to haywire immune responses.

Hmmm, so what was Meng Weining's (vice president at Sinovac) response in March 2020 to potential ADE issues with new mRNA vaccines...?

Although there were concerns that an inactivated coronavirus vaccine might trigger the sort of antibody enhancement disease that occurred with the RSV vaccine, Meng stresses that no such problems surfaced in their animal studies.

That's a mighty brief window of animal-testing time, dude! Of concern, too, especially in relation to the current global roll-out, is how multiple variants affect the ADE equation, unless Graham and Meng hadn't considered that factor and maybe assumed that, like the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, Covid-19 could have been variant-free?

Jumping to the present, one of the inventors of mRNA vaccines back in the 1980s, the shy Dr Robert Malone, is currently attracting publicity after just a couple of months, immediately impressing with his benevolent charm, wit, intellect and willingness to 'stick his neck out'. His Twitter feed has gained many followers to the extent that the Big Pharma debunking elves are already trying to diminish his credentials - editing his Wikipedia page is a mild example. Malone himself was double-jabbed very early on with Moderna (for travel and employment reasons), and has since suffered from Long Covid, but his concerns over ADE are enlightening whilst other scientists are keen to kick it under the carpet.

It’s also worth pointing out that Covid scientists who buck the official narrative are ten-a-penny and, like ‘celebrity’ ufologists, can find themselves unwisely capitalising on his own popularity by losing an editorial focus, sometimes providing links to dodgy conspiracy theories by other authors to plump up their social media feed. Malone needs to be more self-aware of that, and since he goes against the grain, left-leaning and neutral media outlets tend to shy away from him, leaving channels like Fox News to send him invites.

If he needs to speak his mind, and folks like Tucker (and other more controversial outlets) are his only avenue, then so be it. His name and reputation have been so ruthlessly dragged through the mud that his wife Jill Glasspool Malone, PhD, felt driven to speak out:

Understand that Robert is grieving. He invented the field of mRNA vaccination and the use of RNA as a drug. But the credit goes to others. This is painful. It is the erasing of his life’s work. As someone who has been supporting him in this endeavor for eons, I know what developing these technologies has brought us. It is the opposite of what one might think. The legacy of these technologies for us has been: abuse, poverty, angst and being disempowered.

To move on, Robert will most likely stop writing and speaking about it. This is his way. He is embarrassed to “make a fuss".

www.linkedin.com...

However, he decided to stand his ground. And just as there are questions about Moderna’s early clinical trials, he is also worried that Pfizer did not perform industry standard animal testing prior to clinical trials. Away from the present noise and stone-throwing, way back on 6th March 2020, even before Jennifer Haller got jabbed, Dr Malone wrote a thoughtful, important article about vaccine risks linked to ADE.

[Previous] SARS and MERS vaccine ADE risks may foreshadow SARS-CoV-2 S-based vaccine risks... Safety testing of COVID-19 S protein-based B cell vaccines in animal models is strongly encouraged prior to clinical trials to reduce risk of ADE upon virus exposure.

www.preprints.org...

I leave you with Tal Zaks, chief medical officer at Moderna, who stated on 11th March 2020:

I don’t think proving this in an animal model is on the critical path to getting this to a clinical trial.

www.statnews.com...

Five days later, Jennifer Haller was jabbed.

edit on 10-8-2021 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

This is why you don't rush things and co-opt the public with fear.

There are decades and decades of evidence. Army Corp of Engineers, public health agencies, and many others, all have a history of shocking failures where they insisted the science was on their side. Environmental disasters, death, and years of unintended consequences always follow.

They want to erase history, but it's still going to keep repeating.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 05:53 PM
link   
ADE has been the biggest and scariest effect of them all when it comes to this whole vaccine effort, that and the ingredients themselves which are STILL a mystery.

What we have is threats, delays, cock-ups, misinformation everywhere, Pfizer profiteering, scientists being silenced and ruined, lock downs and now variants too..... This is absolutely shocking when put together.

IF this is a bio-weapon, which we should 100% KNOW by now, then ANY vaccine is pointless as gain of function will garantee this thing enhances and enhances over time, even contrary to its own survival if that's how it's programmed - maybe they know this.

IF this thing is naturally occurring and can be 'cured' then preventative measures are surely better than a vaccine that only stops symptoms, otherwise the only thing we're doing is allowing a viral load to sit inside a vaccinated body and adapt to the environment, then break out and probably get worse! Either way we're kinda screwed.

If we add in all the coercion and the under-handedness of the elite then we're seeing the final throws of our societies as we knew them.... The social engineers have outed themselves and it's go time....

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Excellent work you are doing CB. Thank you. If only the sleep-sheep-peeps would research & address the legitimate discussions based on, um, science.

Following the truth wherever it leads regardless of what one's itching ears might want to hear should be the standard.

posted on Aug, 10 2021 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It seems to me that (ADE) would make it very easy to pass off any future deaths as being caused by mutant variants.

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Excellent work you are doing CB. Thank you. If only the sleep-sheep-peeps would research & address the legitimate discussions based on, um, science.

Following the truth wherever it leads regardless of what one's itching ears might want to hear should be the standard.

Thanks, GUT.

"Research" with regard to the current vaccines is something that is alien to virtually everybody I know, which is disconcerting, but only a few months ago I was similarly unquestioning until reports of serious side-effects and scattered deaths began appearing in Europe, which made me grind to a screeching halt. And then my own research began in earnest, whilst being careful to avoid the charlatans and snake-oil - a similar minefield applies in Ufology of course!

I must extend apologies to other ATSers when at the the start of the year I was pretty accepting of the official narrative and encouraging vaccine uptake. But the game changed as soon as my best friend was struck down with severe side-effects since taking Pfizer in March, now leaving him with a condition called Bulbar Palsy* which was unknown at the time to both me and him. He had to go Privately to assess the problem since public health care seemed clueless (which is understandable with a Novel virus and Novel vaccine).

In fact, "Bulbar Palsy" is a condition that Batman's Joker suffers from in fiction, except this is Reality and the mood swings are so intense that he seriously considered taking his own life a month ago, until I persuaded him that things may approve once the vaccine begins to wane. Things HAVE slightly approved over the last week, but it is easy to comprehend how I was tempted to not take government advice at face value.

(*NB: Not to confused with "Bell's Palsy" which has recently been added to Pfizer's list of side-effects.)

edit on 11-8-2021 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

...I must extend apologies to other ATSers when at the the start of the year I was pretty accepting of the official narrative and encouraging vaccine uptake...

This is the second time I've seen you put aside initial feelings and being willing (and very able) to follow the truth wherever it leads. I greatly admire that in folk.

That kind due diligence seems to be in short supply these days. Further, I don't think it comes all that natural to us. But I do think that those with enough philosophical depth and intellectual integrity eventually not only get there, but embrace it for the good of both themselves and society.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
Appearing more frequently in discussions these days, 'Antibody-Dependent Enhancement' (ADE) is a serious problem that applies to failed Coronavirus vaccines in the past, but why is it important, and what does it mean for the current crop of vaccines? In a nutshell, ADE occurs when antibodies recognize and bind to a pathogen but cannot prevent infection, potentially making matters far worse for the vaccinated.

Vaccines have a long history of ADE dating back to the 1960s, but let's focus on Covid-19's closest relative: the 2003 SARS-CoV epidemic that affected 26 countries after it was first discovered a year earlier in Guangdong, China. The failure of the vaccine back then is described in an article published on 5th December 2018 by Frontiers In Microbiology. It also provides a useful list of vaccine failures across two decades. More pertinently, just 15 months before the first human clinical trial for the Moderna jab in March 2020, it concluded its concerns about ADE thusly:

Even with the current available data supporting the correlation between ADE and SARS-CoV preexisting antibodies, more studies are critically needed to accurately address and understand this issue in humans.

"Hmmm" or “YIKES!” you may reply, "How is 15 months enough time for an intervening critical study?" Nevertheless, on 16th March 2020, forty-five brave volunteers aged between 18 to 55 years stepped up to the plate in a preliminary Phase 1 clinical trial for Moderna's "investigational" vaccine. 44-year-old Jennifer Haller was first in line, and you can tell how cheerful she was about it.

She's still alive 17 months later, by the way, so that's comforting, yet we know that Covid-19 affects different people in all manner of ways. But back to ADE...

On 31st March, an article by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) interviewed Haller, also noting how immunologist Barney Graham was overjoyed at jabbing a volunteer in world record time since the Chinese first provided him with the RNA sequence on 13th January 2020. However, behind the cheers, I'm somewhat alarmed by the casual way Graham reflected on the ADE problems he'd encountered back in the 1960s:

The effort benefited from lessons Graham learned from his past vaccine efforts, including his work on respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). The search for an RSV vaccine has a checkered past: in 1966, a trial of a candidate vaccine was linked to the death of two children. Later studies identified the problem as vaccine-triggered antibodies that bound to the surface protein of the virus but did not neutralize its ability to infect cells. This antibody-viral complex, in turn, sometimes led to haywire immune responses.

Hmmm, so what was Meng Weining's (vice president at Sinovac) response in March 2020 to potential ADE issues with new mRNA vaccines...?

Although there were concerns that an inactivated coronavirus vaccine might trigger the sort of antibody enhancement disease that occurred with the RSV vaccine, Meng stresses that no such problems surfaced in their animal studies.

That's a mighty brief window of animal-testing time, dude! Of concern, too, especially in relation to the current global roll-out, is how multiple variants affect the ADE equation, unless Graham and Meng hadn't considered that factor and maybe assumed that, like the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, Covid-19 could have been variant-free?

Jumping to the present, one of the inventors of mRNA vaccines back in the 1980s, the shy Dr Robert Malone, is currently attracting publicity after just a couple of months, immediately impressing with his benevolent charm, wit, intellect and willingness to 'stick his neck out'. His Twitter feed has gained many followers to the extent that the Big Pharma debunking elves are already trying to diminish his credentials - editing his Wikipedia page is a mild example. Malone himself was double-jabbed very early on with Moderna (for travel and employment reasons), and has since suffered from Long Covid, but his concerns over ADE are enlightening whilst other scientists are keen to kick it under the carpet.

It’s also worth pointing out that Covid scientists who buck the official narrative are ten-a-penny and, like ‘celebrity’ ufologists, can find themselves unwisely capitalising on his own popularity by losing an editorial focus, sometimes providing links to dodgy conspiracy theories by other authors to plump up their social media feed. Malone needs to be more self-aware of that, and since he goes against the grain, left-leaning and neutral media outlets tend to shy away from him, leaving channels like Fox News to send him invites.

If he needs to speak his mind, and folks like Tucker (and other more controversial outlets) are his only avenue, then so be it. His name and reputation have been so ruthlessly dragged through the mud that his wife Jill Glasspool Malone, PhD, felt driven to speak out:

Understand that Robert is grieving. He invented the field of mRNA vaccination and the use of RNA as a drug. But the credit goes to others. This is painful. It is the erasing of his life’s work. As someone who has been supporting him in this endeavor for eons, I know what developing these technologies has brought us. It is the opposite of what one might think. The legacy of these technologies for us has been: abuse, poverty, angst and being disempowered.

To move on, Robert will most likely stop writing and speaking about it. This is his way. He is embarrassed to “make a fuss".

www.linkedin.com...

However, he decided to stand his ground. And just as there are questions about Moderna’s early clinical trials, he is also worried that Pfizer did not perform industry standard animal testing prior to clinical trials. Away from the present noise and stone-throwing, way back on 6th March 2020, even before Jennifer Haller got jabbed, Dr Malone wrote a thoughtful, important article about vaccine risks linked to ADE.

[Previous] SARS and MERS vaccine ADE risks may foreshadow SARS-CoV-2 S-based vaccine risks... Safety testing of COVID-19 S protein-based B cell vaccines in animal models is strongly encouraged prior to clinical trials to reduce risk of ADE upon virus exposure.

www.preprints.org...

I leave you with Tal Zaks, chief medical officer at Moderna, who stated on 11th March 2020:

I don’t think proving this in an animal model is on the critical path to getting this to a clinical trial.

www.statnews.com...

Five days later, Jennifer Haller was jabbed.

So… from the 1960s… that’s your fear tactic.

We’ve come a long way since then. There’s more computing power on my smart phone than most anything available in 1960. Medical tech is no different.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Medpage tried to down play it in march.

Here is a the conclusion of the source they are using to argue their case... and its not from the 1960s:

Conclusion

ADE has been observed in SARS, MERS and other human respiratory virus infections including RSV and measles, which suggests a real risk of ADE for SARS-CoV-2 vaccines and antibody-based interventions. However, clinical data has not yet fully established a role for ADE in human COVID-19 pathology. Steps to reduce the risks of ADE from immunotherapies include the induction or delivery of high doses of potent neutralizing antibodies, rather than lower concentrations of non-neutralizing antibodies that would be more likely to cause ADE.

And this is exactly what we are starting to see happening now in the US, Israel and Qatar.
Headless mass vaccinations with a rushed trial vaccine... ofc it will go bad! 🤦🏻‍♂️

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: flice

It reminds kinda like how it happened with H1N1 vax and its clinical trial vaccine. No one saw any issues or bad reactions till the massive rollout.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Here's the OP link and a quote from it:

journals

In conclusion, ADE may occur in people receiving vaccines based on the original Wuhan strain spike sequence (either mRNA or viral vectors) and then exposed to a Delta variant. 

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

And I will raise you one more... I cant find the reviewed article right now, but I read the article from 2011 about how they had to cancel the vaccine for sars Cov 1 because it created cytokine storms in the animal subjects. Destroyed their lung tissue along with the virus and killed a lot of them.

posted on Aug, 13 2021 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Sorry to hear about your mate. Check your PM I'm sending you a message about a RaDAR Association of British Neurologists, Liverpool Uni and NHS Walton Centre (world leading neurological hospital) study into adverse neurological effects from the Covid vaccines.

It may be of huge benefit to your mate. It centres on the following conditions but I think bulbar palsy classes as a part of Gullian-Barre Syndrome neuropathies:

Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (with or without thrombocytopenia)
Ischaemic stroke (with or without thrombocytopenia)
Guillain-Barré Syndrome and peripheral neuropathies
Multiple Sclerosis, Optic Neuritis, Transverse Myelitis
Encephalitis, including Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM)
Myasthenia
Seizure disorders, including febrile seizures
Bell’s palsy

There's only been two cases of bulbar palsy caused by covid vaccines in the UK (Pfizer jab) but it is a recognised rare side effect. Its a lot more common as a complication of Covid-19 infection but there is a 1 in 50 million chance of it occuirng cdue to the vaccine.

Obviously the stats are irrelevant to those affected but there is treatment available and the PM is contact with the world experts in detecting and curing adverse neurological effects from the Covid vaccine.

top topics

join