It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forcing Olympic Medalists to Wear Dehumanizing Masks During Medal Awards is Just Plain Wrong.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: carewemust

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Take a look at yesterday's GOLD MEDAL award ceremony for the Men's Basketball team, at the Tokyo Olympics.
WHY are athletes being forced to wear masks during such a high-profile, once in a lifetime award ceremony?

All the Olympic athletes have been vaccinated against Covid-19.

All the Olympic workers have been vaccinated against Covid-19.

Even when contracted, Covid-19 does NOT make people sick who have been vaccinated, according to the WHO and CDC.

The MASKS makes them look more like controlled, well-behaved slaves, than Individuals possessing his/her own unique gifts of athleticism and personality.

The IDIOTS who decided to force these wonderfully-gifted Olympic medal winners to wear masks that cover 50% of their face, during their special few minutes of glory, should be ashamed of themselves!

It's hard to watch. No wonder NBC Olympic ratings are in the tank. That's too bad for the athletes. And unfortunate for NBC, because the United States is now THE LEADER in the number of Gold Medals, and Olympic Medals overall! (China was the "Gold" leader up until yesterday.)

Current Medal Standings: olympics.com...

-CareWeMust

Why do they have to wear "dehumanizing masks", instead of just normal ones?

Masks that are even bigger than what a commercial painter wears, are dehumanizing. Considering the importance of the moment, any mask is an insult.

They'll either be humored by it, or pissed off, when looking back on this moment in 5 years.

They nearly cancelled the whole of the games this year.

And, it's just games. It'll happen again of four more years. And again four years after that. And so on...

I hope "they" will cancel the Feb 2022 Winter Olympics in CHINA.

Why honor CHINA..the country who is responsible for over 4,300,000 deaths in the past 18 months?

China - Crime Against Humanity: www.worldometers.info...

If President Biden was not OWNED by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), he would initiate some level of MEANINGFUL protest.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

They weren’t forced to do anything. They have a choice. Wear a mask and take part, or don’t wear a mask and don’t take part.

I don’t understand some of you with this “forced” BS. There’s always a choice.

So in other words, they are forced to wear a mask if they want to participate in the thing they've probably spent their life training for. And for just a few minutes while they celebrate a victory they may never get again, they aren't allowed to show their full smiling faces despite being fully vaccinated and some of the most healthy people on Earth? I'm sorry but anyone who thinks like this is DELUDED and so deep into the fearmongering that they can't get out. It takes a true lack of empathy to enforce such absurd rules on athletes at such an important moment in their life. I see celebrities having unmasked interactions all the time but these athletes can break a world record and still have to wear a mask when being awarded? What about all the contact sports, do they wear masks while playing? I'm pretty dang sure they don't, so why is it necessary for the brief period of time while they celebrate victory? It's nothing but clown world logic.
edit on 8/8/2021 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yeah just games but millions of Dollars and wealth and honor at stake 🤣🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Sunday, August 8, 2021

Take a look at yesterday's GOLD MEDAL award ceremony for the Men's Basketball team, at the Tokyo Olympics.
WHY are athletes being forced to wear masks during such a high-profile, once in a lifetime award ceremony?

Even when contracted, Covid-19 does NOT make people sick who have been vaccinated, according to the WHO and CDC.

The MASKS makes them look more like controlled, well-behaved slaves, than Individuals possessing his/her own unique gifts of athleticism and personality.

The IDIOTS who decided to force these wonderfully-gifted Olympic medal winners to wear masks that cover 50% of their face, during their special few minutes of glory, should be ashamed of themselves!

It's hard to watch. No wonder NBC Olympic ratings are in the tank. That's too bad for the athletes. And unfortunate for NBC, because the United States is now THE LEADER in the number of Gold Medals, and Olympic Medals overall! (China was the "Gold" leader up until yesterday.)

-CareWeMust

Masks that are even bigger than what a commercial painter wears, are dehumanizing. Considering the importance of the moment, any mask is an insult.

They'll either be humored by it, or pissed off, when looking back on this moment in 5 years.

And, it's just games. It'll happen again of four more years. And again four years after that. And so on...

For the athletes, it's not *just* games. A lot of sports have a limited lifespan on the athletes. You get maybe one shot, two at most to get to the Olympics. If one is cancelled, then a top athlete loses that chance, a once-in-a-lifetime shot they work insanely hard for.

If you aren't an athlete who trains close to that level, you probably wouldn't understand.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

No. They had a choice, so nothing was “forced”.

Participate and wear a mask. Don’t participate and therefore no mask necessary as they aren’t there. That’s called a choice, not being “forced”.

I don’t get what’s so difficult for some of you to understand.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
He is mediocre at best his own words so naturally what happens to the cream of the crop of of no concern to him. He will be watching them in four years and in another and in another he will still be watching so what’s the problem?

We have to bend the knee for every sick, disabled geriatric for the rest of all time. For simply by existing freely we literally trample upon the rights of others to live for ever.

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Participate in life or keep yourself locked in the closet where no one can see you and never interact.

You have a choice, so nothing is forced. I don't see what's so difficult for you to understand ...

Considering there are entire minority groups pushing themselves out of said closets these days saying that isn't right and/or fair despite the fact that no one forced them to do anything, I don't see your point at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You don’t understand that people aren’t being “forced” to wear masks and they have a choice?

Seems like a you problem.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You don’t understand that people aren’t being “forced” to wear masks and they have a choice?

Seems like a you problem.

People are in fact being "forced" and yes it is a big problem. There's a horrible epidemic of some SARS+COVID Greek letter variant cold or flu or something like that, it's not horrible enough to cancel the Olympic Games entirely, but you'd better wear your face diaper at all times if you don't want to get arrested.
edit on 8-8-2021 by justinacolmena because: Correct malicious 3rd party alterations & misspellings

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

That's not exactly right, I have competed in sports and have the usual trophies, pennants, and medals that you get for the standard mediocrity - as a younger person,....

Participation medals?

Mostly.

I actually got one for golf, which isn't a team sport. I don't actually enjoy playing golf and chose it only because it was preferable to being forced to play other sports where I definitely didn't excel. I think, as Mark Twain once suggested, that golf is "a good walk - spoiled".

....but it's true I'm not actually much of a sportsman.
Not everyone is.

Many aspire to being great sportsmen and women - there's only the two options! - but very few have the ability.
Even fewer people have the necessary drive and determination.

I dare say very, very few of those aspiring sportsmen and women view The Olympics as 'just games'.
Neither do the literally millions upon millions who watch the Games and appreciate the skill, application and drive that has gone into each and every one of those competitors getting there and trying their very best.

To say The Olympics is 'just games' does it quite a bit of an injustice.

But I have achieved some small recognition in academic performance, and in the arts.
I genuinely congratulate you in your personal achievements - which some may denigrate and belittle as irrelevant? - Academia and The Arts can play an important role in both society and culture.

After the initial start to the Olympic games, there were more than two millennia when we didn't have them at all.

And, despite attempts to eschew the commercial, they are very expensive to run and are seen as a commercial enterprise by many. Definitely, the marketing and ceremonial side of things often takes precedence over the actual competitions and sportspersons achievements.

edit on 8/8/2021 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Sunday, August 8, 2021

-CareWeMust

I hope "they" will cancel the Feb 2022 Winter Olympics in CHINA.

Why honor CHINA..the country who is responsible for over 4,300,000 deaths in the past 18 months?

China - Crime Against Humanity: www.worldometers.info...

If President Biden was not OWNED by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), he would initiate some level of MEANINGFUL protest.

I'm fairly sure that Biden is the American President.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Mostly.

Ha ha, doesn't surprise me.

I actually got one for golf, which isn't a team sport. I don't actually enjoy playing golf and chose it only because it was preferable to being forced to play other sports where I definitely didn't excel. I think, as Mark Twain once suggested, that golf is "a good walk - spoiled".

Being a sports lover that's not a predicament I've ever found myself in, must be torturous.

I played golf for quite a few years, got my handicap down to a modest 14.
I won a couple of local competitions, a few near misses but was an also-ran more often than not.
Loved it though, but somewhere between my brain and the rest of my body the more technical parts of the game sort of went amiss.
Unfortunately a couple of knee injuries sustained playing football - at which I was quite a bit better at than golf - put an end to my sporting pursuits.....other than pub sports like darts, pool and dominoes!

Perhaps you achieved greater heights in your academic equivalents?

And, despite attempts to eschew the commercial, they are very expensive to run and are seen as a commercial enterprise by many.

They bring a certain amount of prestige with them and in recent years have provided huge stimulus for urban regeneration and provision for future sporting resources etc.
There's particular focus and emphasis put on 'games legacy' nowadays.

However, its very hard to escape the commercial aspect of the Games nowadays.

But for me at least none of that detracts from the sporting achievements of the competitors.

Definitely, the marketing and ceremonial side of things often takes precedence over the actual competitions and sportspersons achievements.

For some maybe.

I found the athletics - track and field - a bit flat at Tokyo.
I usually enjoy them but I think the empty stadium made it a bit of a non-event for me.

But I really enjoyed many of the other sports some of which I'd never really watched before.

posted on Aug, 8 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Mostly.

Ha ha, doesn't surprise me.

Being a sports lover that's not a predicament I've ever found myself in, must be torturous.

I played golf for quite a few years, got my handicap down to a modest 14.
I won a couple of local competitions, a few near misses but was an also-ran more often than not.
Loved it though, but somewhere between my brain and the rest of my body the more technical parts of the game sort of went amiss.
Unfortunately a couple of knee injuries sustained playing football - at which I was quite a bit better at than golf - put an end to my sporting pursuits.....other than pub sports like darts, pool and dominoes!

Perhaps you achieved greater heights in your academic equivalents?

And, despite attempts to eschew the commercial, they are very expensive to run and are seen as a commercial enterprise by many.

They bring a certain amount of prestige with them and in recent years have provided huge stimulus for urban regeneration and provision for future sporting resources etc.
There's particular focus and emphasis put on 'games legacy' nowadays.

However, its very hard to escape the commercial aspect of the Games nowadays.

But for me at least none of that detracts from the sporting achievements of the competitors.

Definitely, the marketing and ceremonial side of things often takes precedence over the actual competitions and sportspersons achievements.

For some maybe.

I found the athletics - track and field - a bit flat at Tokyo.
I usually enjoy them but I think the empty stadium made it a bit of a non-event for me.

But I really enjoyed many of the other sports some of which I'd never really watched before.

Well if you have sporting capability, go for it!

I just don't have aptitude there.

Chess is as "contact sport" as I get.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Sunday, August 8, 2021

MANKIND's SADISTIC CONTROLLERS STRIKE AGAIN.

U.S. Athletes' Entry for the Olympic Closing Ceremony.

Stadium Empty of Spectators.

All Athletes Vaccinated.

All Olympic Officials and Workers Vaccinated.

Yet the Athletes are Forced to Wear Masks, in the Hopes that their Compliance will convince the SHEEP watching from home to be mask-compliant too.

PROUD OF OUR USA TEAM THOUGH!

USA came from behind to beat CHINA in the overall count of Bronze, Silver, and Gold medals!

Final tally: www.cbssports.com...

edit on 8/9/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

They weren’t forced to do anything. They have a choice. Wear a mask and take part, or don’t wear a mask and don’t take part.

So in other words, they are forced to wear a mask if they want to participate in the thing they've probably spent their life training for. And for just a few minutes while they celebrate a victory they may never get again, they aren't allowed to show their full smiling faces despite being fully vaccinated and some of the most healthy people on Earth? I'm sorry but anyone who thinks like this is DELUDED and so deep into the fearmongering that they can't get out. It takes a true lack of empathy to enforce such absurd rules on athletes at such an important moment in their life. I see celebrities having unmasked interactions all the time but these athletes can break a world record and still have to wear a mask when being awarded? What about all the contact sports, do they wear masks while playing? I'm pretty dang sure they don't, so why is it necessary for the brief period of time while they celebrate victory? It's nothing but clown world logic.

I dont think his IQ allows him to understand your point

“bUt ThEy wErNt fOrCeD”

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Summerslam is on next weekend

NO masks required for ANY audience member or athletes

No testing required, no proof of vaccine required

Nada

In fact, EVERY week, twice a week this is currently the case with the sports entertainment industry.

And guess who has bigger crowds? Vince MacMahon or the flop that was the olympics?

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:14 AM
link   

a reply to: ChaoticOrder

No. They had a choice, so nothing was “forced”.

Participate and wear a mask. Don’t participate and therefore no mask necessary as they aren’t there. That’s called a choice, not being “forced”.

I don’t get what’s so difficult for some of you to understand.

Which words would be better descriptors... Compelled? Convinced?

The same can probably be said for masks and vaccines too. We do have CHOICE.

posted on Aug, 9 2021 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Important: THE SAME PEOPLE who set the Olympic Covid-19 protocols are the people who want all humans to reduce their blood/brain oxygen levels. They control entire sectors of societies, implementing and compelling masks mandates.

To make people less feisty, less rebellious, and less sharp, reduce their blood oxygen levels consistently and frequently.

Several studies have been conducted on the effects of blood-brain oxygen starvation, due to mask wearing, but the CONTROLLERS have this information buried deep.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join