It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Face Masks Cause Cancer?--Yes They Can!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Apparently, many sterilized masks being sold (about 50%) DO contain a known carcinogen called Ethylene Oxide.

Ethylene Oxide is recognized by the FDA and the National Cancer Institute as a deadly carcinogen...and it is used as part of the sterilization process in face mask production.

Prolonged exposure to Ethylene Oxide is not advised by the FDA...and wearing sterilized face masks for prolonged periods of time...would certainly seem to constitute 'prolonged exposure'.

The ability of ethylene oxide to damage DNA makes it an effective sterilizing agent but also accounts for its cancer-causing activity.

Lymphoma and leukemia are the cancers most frequently reported to be associated with occupational exposure to ethylene oxide.
Stomach and breast cancers may also be associated with ethylene oxide exposure.

The primary routes of human exposure to ethylene oxide are inhalation and ingestion, which may occur through occupational, consumer, or environmental exposure.

www.cancer.gov...

So...caution is definitely advised when wearing masks for any prolonged length of time.

Take care when selecting a mask to wear...as it may be sterilized using an ethylene oxide process.
(Note: Ethylene Oxide also goes by the name 'Oxirane'.)

Again...please check to see if any mask you are given or are choosing to wear has been sterilized using either Ethylene Oxide or Oxirane.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I wonder how many surgeons have contracted cancer from the masks they wear?

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Just in time for the school kids and parents !! 😃☠️🚨

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
That's ok then.
All the masks provided at work said 'Non sterile' on the box.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

E. Appearance and odor: Colorless liquid below 10.7 °C (51.3 °F) or colorless gas with ether-like odor detected at approximately 700 parts EtO per million parts of air (700 ppm).

Ethylene Oxide

Ethylene oxide is a gas above 10.7 °C (51.3 °F). Unless you get your masks in a refrigerated condition all the way from the manufacturer, there will be no trace left at room temprature. I don't see why they would be shipped in a temprature controlled container. This is very much like putting alcohol on a cloth. Give it several minutes and it will be gone by evaperation.

Ths sterilization process seems very much like dry cleaning, applying a liquid that evaporates into a gas leaving no trace.
edit on 8 7 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Well at least its not the wind turbines getting the blame this time.

Apparently Ethylene Oxide its used primarily to produce other chemicals, like antifreeze, in smaller amounts, as a pesticide and also sterilizing agent.

So it hardly just PPE masks that risk exposure to Ethylene Oxide considering the multitude of uses it has as a sterilizing agent.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Well, then you're probably not going to like the chemicals in the air around your car when you are sitting in traffic. Might as well get rid of cars. And it's probably not a good idea to take kids anywhere.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well at least its not the wind turbines getting the blame this time.

Apparently Ethylene Oxide its used primarily to produce other chemicals, like antifreeze, in smaller amounts, as a pesticide and also sterilizing agent.

So it hardly just PPE masks that risk exposure to Ethylene Oxide considering the multitude of uses it has as a sterilizing agent.

But then, it's never been mandated that I soak a rag in antifreeze, pesticides or sterilizing agents then breathe through that rag all day long, has it.

But you go on embracing your cognitive dissonance. Good on you!

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 7-8-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

E. Appearance and odor: Colorless liquid below 10.7 °C (51.3 °F) or colorless gas with ether-like odor detected at approximately 700 parts EtO per million parts of air (700 ppm).

Ths sterilization process seems very much like dry cleaning, applying a liquid that evaporates into a gas leaving no trace.

Ever take a whiff of your suit after you pick it up from the dry cleaner?

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
Well, then you're probably not going to like the chemicals in the air around your car when you are sitting in traffic. Might as well get rid of cars. And it's probably not a good idea to take kids anywhere.

This kind of twisted reasoning is exactly what I refer to when I talk about how people have embraced and leaned into the cognitive dissonance that this insane narrative has demanded of people.

You're essentially saying that: There's air pollution all around us, so it follows that it makes perfect sense to just go ahead and tie a chemically toxic rag to your face and breathe through it all day long.

I'd say, in my unqualified opinion, that there's even some Stockholm Syndrome level stuff going on here. Politicians are essentially holding society hostage with illegal, unconstitutional and unscientific mandates and people line up to defend and justify them. It's really disturbing!

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

However its not antifreeze or pesticides in this instance.

But a sterilisation agent, in this case used to clean the masks, that dissipates as a gas above 11°C.

That's all you need to know right there.

You relies that you soak up more carcinogens simply sitting in traffic right?

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Your dry cleaner is obvoucly not using the more enviromently friendly carbon dioxide method. I would change dry cleaners if I were you.

edit on 8 7 2021 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

I wonder how many surgeons have contracted cancer from the masks they wear?

Surgeons, and doctors in general, do not use the same cheap masks the general public are being sold.
Around here, if you go into a Drs office, they make you switch to their masks before they let you past the lobby.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There was similar scaremongering with ethylene oxide a while back as it's also used to sterilise swabs used for PCR and lateral tests.

Exactly the same thing here.

People desperately searching for a conspiracy that's just not there and latching on to things that sound scary simply because they don't understand them.

a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

Ever take a whiff of your suit after you pick it up from the dry cleaner?

I'm not in the pay grade of people who can justify the cost of dry cleaning, but I have read about it.
Essentially, they wash with kerosene instead of water.
They're probably using a specific blend of crude oil extract these days, but the end result is the same... It's soaked in petroleum and then air dried.
Gross.

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Apparently, many sterilized masks being sold (about 50%) DO contain a known carcinogen called Ethylene Oxide.

Ethylene Oxide is recognized by the FDA and the National Cancer Institute as a deadly carcinogen...and it is used as part of the sterilization process in face mask production.

Prolonged exposure to Ethylene Oxide is not advised by the FDA...and wearing sterilized face masks for prolonged periods of time...would certainly seem to constitute 'prolonged exposure'.

The ability of ethylene oxide to damage DNA makes it an effective sterilizing agent but also accounts for its cancer-causing activity.

Lymphoma and leukemia are the cancers most frequently reported to be associated with occupational exposure to ethylene oxide.
Stomach and breast cancers may also be associated with ethylene oxide exposure.

The primary routes of human exposure to ethylene oxide are inhalation and ingestion, which may occur through occupational, consumer, or environmental exposure.

www.cancer.gov...

So...caution is definitely advised when wearing masks for any prolonged length of time.

Take care when selecting a mask to wear...as it may be sterilized using an ethylene oxide process.
(Note: Ethylene Oxide also goes by the name 'Oxirane'.)

Again...please check to see if any mask you are given or are choosing to wear has been sterilized using either Ethylene Oxide or Oxirane.

OK. So where does it say that facemasks have been so sterilised?

Not seeing that?

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

However its not antifreeze or pesticides in this instance.

But a sterilisation agent, in this case used to clean the masks, that dissipates as a gas above 11°C.

That's all you need to know right there.

You relies that you soak up more carcinogens simply sitting in traffic right?

Cool. So, you wear your face diapers and keep reingesting your own bodily water. I'll continue to abstain. Works for me.
:
edit on 2021 8 07 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:46 AM
link   
...and yet, government warnings on Ethylene Oxide sterilized masks are still a thing.

The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) states that “Ethylene oxide is not recommended as a crisis strategy [for cleaning filtering face piece respirators] as it may be harmful to the wearer.”

lni.wa.gov...

a reply to: nonspecific

posted on Aug, 7 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Masks are a mask incoserv, not diapers.

Else good luck changing your children's arse with a PPE mask. LoL

I will wear them when applicable and on public transport for the time being freely by choice.

As to cool, indeed, you see you do you, i do me, and as far as i can establish there is no real point of contention.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join