It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit Airlines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

American has bragged about their cost cutting measures that would have anyone with half a brain shaking their head. One of the stories that they told was about a parts warehouse they had. It had 24/7 security, but they needed to save money. So they cut the security to a few days a week. Well they needed to cut more money, so they replaced the guards with dogs that would bark at people. Then to save more money, they said they just played a recording of dogs barking. As bad as Delta and United were a couple of years ago, I'd still put American way down on my list of airlines that I'd fly.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

AA is definitely prime for the pickin' right now.

My offices are right next to an AA ready-room area. Some of the stuff I see would curl your toenails!

Last flight I took on AA down to South America they broke the freaking towbar on pushback, and this was on a MAX too. How the heck do you break a flipping tow bar???? Pushback tractor was pushing at full power before the brakes were released and the ramp rats had the chocks pulled on the mains! Pushed up onto the blocks and snapped the tow bar at the nose gear! **BOOM!!!** That was a JOLT! I was sitting next to an AA 4 bar dead-heading and he looked over at me and we both simultaneously said..."Well, THAT wasn't good!!!"...laughing. I added in that it was probably going to leave a mark. PIC comes on after a couple minutes and says there was a "minor" miscommunication on the ramp they're going to need to get some mechanics over to check things out. Me and the guy next to me looked at each other and chuckled like...YA THINK??? LOL!

This was the same flight I've mentioned before where we had some really strange issues on climb out which I think were MCAS related. We nosed over 2-3 times, then leveled off for a long ways while they sorted the issue out, way longer than normal for that pattern. Total disaster of a flight overall. Wanted to go through IAH, but wound up having to go through MIA. And because of the incident and the delay, wound up missing the last flight to LIM and had do a bunch of re-planning to get on an LP flight which isn't really a interline codeshare with AA (and, I HAD to be there in the morning). What a mess.

I don't like AA!

ETA - I had to shake myself out of a trance in MIA...there were literally no people who spoke English! None, zero, nada. I was like...hey wait a dang minute here, we're in America, right??? It took them 40 minutes to find someone who spoke English to come translate to a bunch of confused pax what the heck was going on. It's a crazy world out there anymore. At one point some gal told me they'd put us up in a "transit hotel" so we didn't have to clear Customs again. (????) WAIT!! WHAT??? I haven't even left my country yet, and you're thinking I need to go to a transit hotel???

edit on 8/6/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We used to have to stand guard on international gates, because once you entered, if you left the area, you'd have to clear Immigration again. We usually recommended that you don't go into the gate until just before boarding, unless you were absolutely certain that you didn't have to leave again. It was a pain in the ass when traveling to Asia.

Once upon a time I would have jumped at the chance to fly on American. Now, you'd have to pay me and pay me a lot of money to get on one of their planes. I have heard far too many nightmares from people traveling on them in recent years. The last time I flew on them was 15 years ago or more, and it wasn't a bad flight. Now, no way in hell. I really wish they'd allow foreign airlines to operate in the US on domestic routes. Some of the foreign carriers I've flown on have been truly amazing flights. The difference between "Get your ass on the plane, and screw your comfort" and them was shocking.

posted on Aug, 6 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
I bet some of it is from customers coming to redeem their cancelled flights from last year. Or Maybe they’ve been hacked and don’t want to admit it yet. It’s not like they have a shortage of jets, unless they did a massive liquidation.

Bad weather? Haha! Any Joe blow can zoom out on a weather map, looks clear to me, no cold fronts or hurricanes either.

Exactly. My son had a credit from last year. Thinking they will cancel him again this year.

Im trying to get to Ireland in Oct. It was cancelled last year. So now using a credit. Have already had 2 changes of flight, that had no explanation. Just flight changed. And its at a very inconvenient time for me now. grrrrr
edit on 8/6/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join