It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can an employer require vaccine results for entire family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So I am vaccinated, my wife isn't. Can my employer require that my wife is vaccinated before I can come back into the office / otherwise make it impossible for me to work until I am fired? Are they allowed to request her vaccine card?

I understand this is all new territory, but I'm curious how you think that could play out.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: wwe9112

Make sure they sack you for it, don't quite... other than that we don't really know how its going to play out at the minute ... but what is for 100% sure is this, its not for covid bros, it just isnt, i dont care where you sit on the political spectrum, hold out,wait

then that narrative hit you... if you dont stopping it, its you hammering our efforts

the only safe way... is letting it pass though us and building immunity, but parallel to that is its significantly low mortality

the best remedy to that is the young and healthy taking it on the chin for the vulnerable, that just how we do

Guys, weve been here for 250k years, we've dealt with everything, we only have a history of 11k years tops though

we'll get trough this one also

reverse the fear and fight for what were losing intentionally losing

fear is the mind-killer - failing that the narrative is going to change anyway

its obvious

you're going to blame somebody regardless, tomorrow, next year? doesn't matter we know where it come from

edit on 2-8-2021 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I don't think they currently have any legal way to do that.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I work for a very liberal private university and the military. Two pretty strict groups regarding vaccines. They require it for myself but use an educational and they highly recommend approach for family members. They’re even letting employees get waivers at the moment, mostly medical and religious.

I don’t see how they can force a family, especially if they aren’t coming on company grounds.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I dont think so unless your family members work at the same place.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My employer paid us all $200 to get both vaccinations.
Then They said those who dont get it will have to take the rapid COVID test 2 times a week.
One at the security check point before entering the mine site.
Then another at our health center 5 days after being on site.
And it will continue that way until they are vaxxed.

As for myself, I just show security my vax badge on the way in, sign in and no questions asked.
It seems as though they plan on harassing those who didn’t get it until they either do, or quit from the stupid amount of nose swabs they will get in a month.

I regret getting the vaccine.
Wish I just dealt with the rapid tests instead of the side effects I have - still!
And I got my second poke on July 5th.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I am an employer, about 50 people working for me. I think requiring anyone to take a vaccine is criminal. Next they will be trying to require abortions for anyone under 25 and over 35.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan

I don't think they currently have any legal way to do that.

They currently don't have a legal way to find out about the employee even .
That takes a petition granted in a court of law .

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't think they can do that but don't go by us. Call the labor department for a straight answer.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Absolutely.

I'm unaware of anything that would prevent them from making such a demand.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Either you produce the 'DR note' or be fired.

Pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is how asinine our country is. They won’t let you return to work if you are not vaccinated however they want to extend Covid unemployment benefits.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I Think a Better Question to ask would be ..........

" Can an employer require vaccine results for an entire family While getting the Federal Government to put them in Quarritine inside an Internment Camp while Test Results are being Processed ? "

Who here is Ready to Hear the Answer to that One ?
edit on 2-8-2021 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Either you produce the 'DR note' or be fired.

Pretty simple.

Pretty damn simple civil suit after that .

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

Exactly, once mandates etc start where do they end? The answer is they don’t. Give an inch and they take everything.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yeah, sure they can. If they want me to punch them in the dick. Not sure about the law, but something tells me they cannot because phi is "personal" health information as in "it belongs to one person" so long as that person has enough firing neurons to speak on their own behalf. You cannot lawfully share other peoples health information -- only your own, and possibly minors or other dependents. Adults in your family though? Nope. This situation puts you under duress.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It will end up depending on state laws, for now.

For instance, in Montana it is expressly forbidden for your employer to ask for your vaccination status.

The only thing they can require proof of is your immigration status.

I'm assuming that eventually the Federal government will stick their big fat Marxist paws into it and try to over-ride the 10th Amendment once again...

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Welcome back.

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: drewlander
a reply to: Lumenari

Welcome back.

Just for a day.

I have things to do!!!

posted on Aug, 2 2021 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Well anyone can file suit for anything. The question is whether or not you can win.

In today's climate, if you are unvaxed, you are a danger. It's a matter of public safety. And on this basis, you will lose your claim.

That's where we are now.

top topics

join