It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever been pressured into anything by the government?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I am asking because of the obvious Covid "vaccine" stuff being pushed on adults and children world wide.

Has anyone here ever been pressured like this before on anything by the federal government? If so, what did you do?

And if so/not, why did you make the choice you made? Was it pressure or because you thoroughly examined all data and decided it was the best option for you/family?

For those with kids under 18, if the federal government pressured you to do something that was solely for people under 18, would you be more inquisitive or hesitant to comply? If so, why?

If you did make a choice like this at any time, I would like to hear your reasoning behind the choice and the steps you took to ensure the safety of the choice you made.

Thanks!

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Yeah. Paying taxes.

If you don't do so, they'll send men with guns to come get it. That's coercion.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I was forced to purchase health insurance. My company had a decent plan but it went away when the ACA came on the scene. The monthly payment is north of 200 dollars for just me, the deductible is 5 grand. I no longer have health insurance but still must pay for it as there is no way I can cover 5 grand other than a loan and my budget is strained as it is.

The ACA made sure everyone has insurance and must pay for it but no way to cover the deductible so basically no health insurance. So yes they forced it on me, broke the imperfect system we had and it's out of reach for many now

+2 more 
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I was pressured into limiting my driving speed to 55 mph.
I complied because tickets cost.

I was pressured to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle.

I was pressured into wearing a seatbelt.

I was pressured into having children be in DOT approved safety seats.

Flu vaccines were mandatory in the 80s.
I complied because I was in the military.

I was pressured to shave every day.

I was pressured to go to a country not of my choosing.

I was pressured to register for the draft at 18.
I complied because it was the law at the time.
edit on 25-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

link   

Never.

If we are talking Mandatory Vaccines, this will be the first time I've ever been in danger of losing my career because of "pressure".

Even if they don't make them mandatory, I work for huge corporations that will surely make them mandatory in the near future.

People losing their jobs and not being welcome in public is a whole other level of "pressure".

(post by ussmidway removed for political trolling and baiting)
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ussmidway
Even the idiot Trump got vaccinated. Just do it.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help"
-Ronald Regan

www.reaganfoundation.org...

Your blind trust of the government is concerning to me. . .

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Yes.
birth certificate, social security number, and selective services, drivers license, gun permit, fishing license, you name it.

If I didn't compromise my better judgement, I'd be preferably eaten by sharks off the coast of Africa, or who knows what!? Being free is outlawed bc it has profitable value.

The social engineering program is a flop, disengage and watch things turn around for the better bc that's what everyone wants, supposedly.

Friendship and cooperation?

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Enforcing vaccines is not new here in Australia.

You want your kid in a public school or to get government 'family' benefits, all your children's vaccinations need to be up to date.

If they try to make the covid vaccines mandatory here, they will start with those on government welfare. No jab, no pay.

Then it'll move up the chain to the lower class workers and keep on going.

Sadly nobody revolts any more, and if you try you'll be shut down before you start as being a 'domestic terrorist'.

When you think about it we encounter government enforced things daily every time you leave the house and sometimes even when at home.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

I left a job in 2013 because the hospital was trying to win a large financial perk, for having 100% of their employees get the flu vaccine.

I had medical documentation from the VA, that stated I could not take the vaccine. They were angry, and told me that I had to wear a mask at all times if I did not get the vaccine.

Customers were coming in and leaving the hospital, along with vendors, and any others, without proof of vaccination, so I asked what good was the mask supposed to do. I got no answer. I acquiesced. A few weeks later my boss came into my office and told me I had to wear the mask at all times in the hospital. I asked her why it is necessary for me to wear a mask in my office, when I was alone. Her answer was, "That is the what corporate wants it."

I thanked her, and gave her my resignation. Since then they have tried to get me to come back. There is no way in hell that would ever happen.

It wasn't a full two weeks after I left, that I got recruited by one of the best companies I have ever worked for. Plus I got paid four times what I was getting paid at the hospital, though it involved a lot of traveling.

I have not been sick with a cold or flu since 2009. In 2009 when I got sick, I got a respiratory infection from a sick infant I was carrying for at the time. They were never able to identify the organism, causing the infection. They did numerous cultures. Both the baby and mine all came back as unidentifiable. I used to say it was some kind of super bug that boosted my immune system because I have not a respiratory infection, cold, or flu since.

I will not be taking the vaccine, or any other vaccine. I have a long and very negative history with vaccines. All observed and diagnosed by the VA. I have resigned myself to whatever punishments and restrictions, the American people allow the government to impose.

If the government goes this route, there will be no end to their overreach. They will strip you of more than your shoes, and your oversized toiletry items. And while I try to avoid being snarky and rude, I do believe it would be the rare time, I would not be able to resist saying, "I told you so."

All joking aside. I am done. I really don't have a lot of fight in me, anymore. I will gladly spend the rest of my days, in the woods alone. As far removed from society as I can get.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Yeah. Paying taxes.

If you don't do so, they'll send men with guns to come get it. That's coercion.

Actually, that's called extortion. Or in some circles, a protection racket.

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Sorry to hear they F'd you around like that.

Corporate never makes sense in my experience.

The last job I done at Tenaris we had to have our temperatures taken on the way in and out and be masked at all times. The temperature sensing units were in front of the turnstiles they installed to get in. We NOW had hundreds of people within a foot of each other waiting for a temperature check, with no way to social distance. Corporate, yea.

I won't get the C-Jab either.

I'm already on the farm with a woodstove, land, deer, etc.

I'll hunker down here if it comes to that.

Stay safe.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Half of those things arnt pressures they were done freely and almost all are linked to your choice to joined the armed forces.

Very apples to oranges.

Should be

I chose to go to the military knowing full well what they expected of me.

This is the list of stuff the military made me do

a reply to: pthena

edit on 26-7-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Paying taxes. Those ass h*les aren't even a part of the real government.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I got the shot before the full court press was put on, but it's making we wish I hadn't.

I knew there would be pressure, but I really didn't think it would be this bad.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Not me, but in the USA history the Draft would be the govt forcing citizens to do something. Forcing you to purchase health insurance or pay a fine was in my lifetime. COVID mRNA shot it's only a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Yes for sure

Sent off for mind control indoctrination at age four and compelled to speak their stipulated language and take on a lot of nonsense to a place called school.

Faced a constant barrage of mind control via the government's propaganda channels the BBC but this has lessened as other independent channels have now been allowed too.

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Oh, yeah. As a 1st Responder.

From FEMA, FIRE ADMIN/Washington, Dept of Homeland Security, C.E.R.T., Michigan State Police....etc.....

Always either or .. then do the job.

P.S. Am retired...gov says "no you're not! We paid $$ for you"...now I'm forever "on call" in a major event.
Incident Command System/ICS
edit on 26-7-2021 by mysterioustranger because: Add

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I was there during the transition from no 55mph to a 55mph limit. Same with helmets: from no helmet laws to helmet laws, and seatbelt laws and child safety seat laws.

ETA

As an extra bonus: I remember the good old days when it was perfectly legal to throw trash out the window of moving vehicles.

edit on 26-7-2021 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I was told that I had to buy health insurance but I never did. When filing my taxes one of the questions was why don’t I have it. I checked I couldn’t afford it. Never had any problems. So to me the whole thing was a bluff that I called them on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join