It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About Vitamin D and COVID-19

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:37 PM
link   
A supposed expert claims Vitamins simply dont work but just last month ago said we have to vaccinate the whole planet.
He doesn't endorse Vitamins as potential cures because they dont cure.

The Truth About Vitamin D and COVID-19

This same expert said in a CTV segment that 'We have to vaccinate the whole planet'

But Covid Vaccines work right? and the un vaccinated will cause an epidemic if not everyone is vaccinated right? We have to vaccinate the whole planet is another quote no other then from Bill Gates.

In China they used high doses of Vit C during the early waves to treat critical ill patients.
edit on 23-7-2021 by HawkEyi because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Who the hell is he to say what works and what doesn't. Plenty of people take these and they DO work in PREVENTION because many people are highly deficient in many vitamins which causes all kinds of other chain reactions in the body.
Nobody is saying they are a CURE.

He is also probably one of a number of doctors that say HQ and other similar drugs DONT work once you are sick. But they DO.

Nowhere does he even say to go get bloodwork to see if you are deficient in these vitamins, which most people tend to be. Nowhere does he say to live a healthy lifestyle by eating healthy (avoid GMO crap, sugar and processed foods) and exercise and get outside, unplug, so on and so forth to PREVENT sickness.

He says this:

Second, Pfizer (and most large drug companies) also sell vitamins and supplements. A dose of vaccine and a bottle of vitamins both cost about $20 to $30, so Pfizer would not have spent $2 billion developing a vaccine when they could have sold us vitamins at the same price and made a larger profit.

Again, the vitamins are not a CURE. They are PREVENTION and meant to aid in the bolster and maintenance of your immune system. NOT cure you once sick.

He provides nothing of substance and is coming off as a complete IDIOT. Goes to show ALWAYS GET A 2ND & 3RD + OPINION FROM DOCTORS.
He is an idiot vaccine pusher. Nothing he says is of value.

edit on 2021 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Vitamin D supplements only seem to help if you are deficient in vitamin D. Taking high doses after you are sick is not that effective. Taking a supplement beforehand, not a big one, brings most people's vitamin D levels into the normal range which helps the immune system properly fight a lot of diseases, too much is not good though, if using high dose it is important to limit the duration to what it takes to get the levels in the proper level range.

Zinc has some good properties for helping fight any virus, but again too much is not good, you need to be balanced with magnesium and calcium too. A zinc elderberry lozenge seems to help us when we are just starting to get sick.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
D should be taken with A and K

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
D should be taken with A and K

K increases clotting potential of the blood, I won't say whether that is bad or not with Covid if you have a deep vein thrombosis genetic risk.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Vitamin D supplements only seem to help if you are deficient in vitamin D. Taking high doses after you are sick is not that effective. Taking a supplement beforehand, not a big one, brings most people's vitamin D levels into the normal range which helps the immune system properly fight a lot of diseases, too much is not good though, if using high dose it is important to limit the duration to what it takes to get the levels in the proper level range.

Zinc has some good properties for helping fight any virus, but again too much is not good, you need to be balanced with magnesium and calcium too. A zinc elderberry lozenge seems to help us when we are just starting to get sick.

Which is why you get your blood tested.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I have to take vitamin D as per doctors advise, even before covid, due to low levels of it in my blood test, soo I know that vitamin D is great for bone health, inflammation and help with the body immunity.

Soo I am glad I been taking it for a while already.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
In China they used high doses of Vit C during the early waves to treat critical ill patients.

In the form of welding up residents and bullets?

Maybe prayer will do it.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Yes they (the CCP) did with great success. They also bought out the few suppliers of vit c who remain in the Western world, too, to either corner the market or deprive the West of it, or both. They spent millions (billions?). A little known fact is almost ALL the vit c is made in China and India, now.

The use of vit c vs virus is suppressed info, in every sense of the word... correct or wrong, several Drs had documented success with is... as in Klenner and Cathcart. Nobel Prize winning Dr Linus Pauling was no slouch in regards to biochemistry and he was adamant about it.

One has to research it, though, as pharma companies and their media outlets don't like folks knowing... but yeah, it's just "conspiracy theory" ... sigh.
edit on 7/24/2021 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 04:03 AM
link   
That doctor really thinks he is clever doesn't he. Of course Vit D does not cure C19. There is no cure. Just as there is no cure for the common cold or any other form of flu type illness.

There are very effective treatments that will knock the illness out but will not produce immunity. There are dietary routes (including vitamin supplements) to boosting natural immune factors to help fight of these trifling illnesses. There are a number of vaccines that do not work as vaccines but rather as symptom alleviants.

There is no cure.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The media will push the vaccine as the "cure" via "herd immunity" at the exclusion of natural immunity due to exposure or any other effective treatments. People like Dr. Fauci will remind the public occasionally that even with a vaccine driven immune response and active antibodies present, the vaccinated can (and likely will IMO) get infected. The vaccinated and infected individuals can also spread the infection as well as any unvaccinated infected person, but most likely much less than the unvaccinated (although no study has shown this to be true).

They use these facts as a disclaimer and to excuse the vaccine for not being a real cure while saying that a 100% vaccine rate is the only way out of the pandemic with it's frequent lock downs. The best you can hope is that after vaccination you will be one of those who are asymptomatic, have mild symptoms, or don't get sick enough to be hospitalized when you finally get the infection. You won't be tested for COVID unless you do wind up sick in the hospital so the vaccine gives the appearance of a cure by reducing the documentation of most break through cases that have less severe symptoms. In addition, by using testing protocols that drive up the new case numbers in the unvaccinated population they can blame the unvaccinated for emerging variant strains and new pandemic surges.

edit on 24-7-2021 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 07:24 AM
link   

So you are an RN who believes vitamin D is a cureall for viruses? What school did you attend? Can you explain by what mechanism vitamin D will save my patient who is in multiple organ failure and will die in minutes without high flow oxygen?

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

2 sides of the same coin. The 'everyone needs the vaccine now' camp and the 'the vaccine is evil and must be pulled' camp are the same.

Let me know when the 3rd camp arrives, the ones who say natural immunity can be great, but I'd rather my 80 year old grandfather get vaccinated since he has a 20 times higher chance to die obtaining natural immunity. You know, the ones who care about facts and data, and want to help people more than they want to scream they are right.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I have to take vitamin D as per doctors advise, even before covid, due to low levels of it in my blood test, soo I know that vitamin D is great for bone health, inflammation and help with the body immunity.

Most people are Vit D deficient, it's a great supplement to take and can definitely improve your immune response. It's a prophylactic though, and it is not going to offer sufficient protection to at risk groups who are much more likely to get a serious illness or death.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 07:47 AM
link   

đź’Ż but basically anything thats green has Vitamin K

So eat your vegetables and you don’t need vitamin K supplements

Go out and get exercise and get your vitamin D

If you don’t go out in the sun or have really dark skin in the northern location, take some D

www.healthline.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

Presuming an infection, and depending upon how soon after infection treatment begins, there are several cures, including HCQ and Ivermectin.

More, Ivermectin and likely HCQ also can be used as prophylaxis.

A strong immune system can prevent infection.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Salander

HCQ can cause liver damage, so long term use as a prophylaxis in any at risk individual is probably not a good idea.

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Read this in a nasally little fauci New York accent.

If you trust and follow science you will see the immune system and it’s responses and the bolstering of them with a balanced diet and exercise are nothing more then a dangerous misinformed conspiracy that could get people killed!
You have to trust and follow the facts that have been deeply vetted by government sponsored media outlets.

Expressing your concerns no matter how legitimate is selfish and a dangerous example of independent thought. Just because we took this “virus” if you want to call it that and gave it some new functions it didn’t have previous in NO WAY means we were doing gain of function research. Anyone with half a brain can tell the difference between gain of function and gain of function.

edit on 24-7-2021 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Ummm...I take 6000 iu of Doctor approved vitamin D3 every morning...

D3 is great for all the reasons you mentioned...another added benefit is that it helps combat depression...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 24 2021 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That sounds sensible, an eighty year old may need what remains of his immune system steered to fight this virus by taking a vaccine. As long as he is not allergic to the ingredients in the vaccine, which it took me years of observation to identify my intolerance to propylene glycol, polyethylene glycol, and polysorbate eighty. Changing the vanilla to the organic form took away some of the propylene glycol allergy and avoiding the laxatives that have polyethylene glycol in them really helped. I still eat ice cream with the polysorbate eighty in it once in a great while, but we try to buy the ones with Gar gum in them instead, my reaction to that is not nearly as bad, and the real vanilla still gives me negative effects but not nearly as bad as with the propylene glycol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join