It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should California Split from the USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I don't know about a lot of people here, but is seems that a lot of people hate or dislike Californians.

But yet California Provides Way more money than any other state to the Federal Gov't.

California could easily survive on its own,
but it would leave the other states to raise taxes and it would throw the economy into a depression

[Edited on 7/16/2003 by FoxStriker]

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
shure why not i could care less I live in N.Y. although I would like to go on vacation their, actually now that I think about it its probably all polluted and overpopulated so ill just go to the nice shores of the Bahamas....ahhhhhhhh

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Bah. Let them do whatever the hell they want. I really dont care either way.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Do you think they could take Florida with them?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hmm, why not, Florida and Cali make a great couple

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I love California. Except for L.A.

I don't think in its current circumstances the state can afford to secede from the Union.

But if you put "the world" in your question instead of California, I would currently give it a resounding "yes".

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Come the next big earthquake, they probably will anyway ...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Im Californian, thats why I want to leave the Union, We get taxed for everything, the gap between the rich in the poor is to damn big. Now the Middle Class is shrinking and thanks to the US, a lot of money has been taken from us and Prices and Inflation is getting to damn big.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
yeah, but the waves'll be bitchin' in Reno!

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I live in California and I think we need the USA.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
How so jetsetter,

And don't say water, we can easily support ourselves by building our own water plants.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
I live in California and I think we need the USA.

playing devil's advocate here, but defense?

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
California does need some changes...I know I live here and always have. The thing you have to realize is that the Central Valley alone feeds way too many people for the US to ever give that up. Other than loosing a few cool things from L.A. and S.F. I couldn't give a rats arse if they were gone. It would sure make things alot cleaner for sure. But there is also Northern Calif. which is real cool. More like Oregon, and that's where the good bud comes from and the cool people so that would have to stay. Cali. would be fine if it ever did happen though. Cali. could totally be self suffucient on it's own. What might be better is just to split it in half for 2 states because it's just too damn big and over populated and too hard to control.

A lot of crap comes out of Cali. but a lot of good stuff comes out of here too....more so in the past than now though ...

What's funny is I remember years ago people used to love Cali. Everyone thought it would be so cool to live here as if it was all Hollywood Stars, Beaches, Bikini Chicks and Surfer Hunks.....Totally wrong idea, and because of it Cali. Sux Big Donkey Pole Now. Honestly the only good place left seems to be like NewZealand or some island lost out in the ocean somewhere if ya ask me.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hey, Cali is a cool place iv'e heard. I mean, up to Cali if they wanna secceed from the union or not, but I think i'd like em to stay.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I will make sure Cali will leave the Union in my life time. Nobody really cares how many people in Cali support the other states and all those states ever give us is crap.

Long Live Cali Victors!!!

I'm going to have to wait until Bush is no longer president though.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm in the UK.
We could give them London as a Going Away present.

Personally though, I reckon California is more likely to split from the rest of the planet than just from the US alone.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
should california split from the usa?
yes, but not the way you think.
they're should be a huge 9.something earthquake,
levels most of the major citys and splits california from the mainland and creates a huge island. we then take this island and create a huge penal colony.

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It may not matter how the vote comes out... Nevada is still scheduled to be the new West Coast in 20,000 years!

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Until that time, Ill start building a brick wall to keep out the ocean

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Until that time, Ill start building a brick wall to keep out the ocean

nah just buy alot of eastern california property, just wait till it becomes beachfront... lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join