It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McAfee Deadman Switch?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

For me it just doesn't pass the sniff test...I smell BS.
I wouldn't be surprised if you are right.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JimmyNeutr0n

Thanks for the update. This story was questionable from the start. He has survived more than a prison stint and charges. I would love to see how this all pans out!!

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Remember when McAfee promised to eat his own penis if Bitcoin didn't reach $1 million by 2020?

Or how the US wanted to prosecute him for crypto scam fraud?

He just might have been a big fat liar.
edit on 23-7-2021 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: DrumsRfun

I actually wonder if it's not some kind of a virus which takes over some of user's compute cycles for a distributed computing bitcoin mining operation. Similar to how SETI@home worked, but for nefarious purposes.

Highly doubt that conspiracy, considering you'd notice your CPU allocation and usage. And one was malicious, the other benevolent..

Imagine using you walk up to your computer after not using it for a day and after waking it up, your CPU fans are spinning at 8000 RPM's and your computer feels like its about to melt...

---

Anyway, there are questions about $WHACKD coin and McAfeeDex, considering both existed prior to McAfee's death/suicide. But that remains as such.

originally posted by: Topcat77

Thanks for the update. This story was questionable from the start. He has survived more than a prison stint and charges. I would love to see how this all pans out!!

No problem, just came across this randomly on the interwebz and decided it was worth at least sharing with my beloved community members. But at this point (this morning after the timer), I'm starting to draw that same conclusion
edit on 23-7-2021 by JimmyNeutr0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Smells of complete BS to me.

He had whacked tattooed on his arm. The contract is called epstein. What happens on the blockchain cannot be edited. The smart contracts kicked in and started acting after his death. Lets see how it pans out before making early judgement.

posted on Jul, 23 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Not really. I had a laptop get a crowd-computing virus put on it for something else and it was only using about 10% above the normal cycles, but if you do that from millions of people you're getting a whole lot of CPU cycles (flops) without a lot of overhead on any individual machine.

Fortunately I check that kind of thing on a daily / hourly basis, so I caught it right away. I had inadvertently clicked on a link in an spam-mail rather than just hovering over it so see where it went, and it shut down my firewall and ran some code. That laptop was disconnected, completely wiped and re-imaged the same day.

edit on 7/23/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2021 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I came across the following info. Not techsavy enough to understand it but maybe some of you here can.

"John McAfee activated a 'Kill Switch' when the announcement was made that he had committed suicide in his jail cell. The Amazing Team of analysts at the Awakening Channel HAS DISCOVERED THE EXACT LOCATION AND DATA OF THIS KILL SWITCH. It appears that the killswitch is transferring non-stop since the switch was activated. An account that has been long inactive with the name 'EPSTEIN' Ethereum Token Smart Contract goes live and starts sending out messages to masked IP's. Expect the data dump from multiple mirrors. Terabytes of data proving deep corruption from the man who is one of the most talented hackers of all time. The only way to stop the flood of information is to shut down the net.
Ethereum Account Link
etherscan.io... "

edit on 25/7/2021 by faceoff85 because: scanned text. removing errors, fixed link

posted on Jul, 26 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am guessing this was just a big fat nothing burger then as usual

posted on Jul, 27 2021 @ 08:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join