It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if BigTech companies had real names instead of cute catchy ones?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Facebook = My location & data to include family and friends!
Twitter = Single sentence thoughts forever!
Tik Tok = Embarrassing moments forever. Even after death!
Google: You search we watch.

I could go on but you get the point.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Almost forgot:

Cyber Ninjas = 24/7 video of election audits.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Wow S&F this is brilliant...you're definitely onto something...I've always thought the Facebook logo clearly looks like a Bible to me. If the f didn't have a hook it would be a cross, and it's off centered like a Bible.

Instagram: Control and manipulate your mind, emotions, and behavior

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Wow S&F this is brilliant...you're definitely onto something...I've always thought the Facebook logo clearly looks like a Bible to me. If the f didn't have a hook it would be a cross, and it's off centered like a Bible.

Instagram: Control and manipulate your mind, emotions, and behavior

You added fuel with the logo observation. Twitter's canary. More like a deadly prehistoric carnivor constantly scanning for ripping meat.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Twitter's canary. More like a deadly prehistoric carnivor constantly scanning for ripping meat.

Based on the historical use of canaries I'd say it's more along the lines of;

When the tweeting canary is censored stops, you're probably #ed.

edit on 20 7 2021 by myselfaswell because: punctuation and sphelling and it's fun fun fun all the way.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I heard that Microsoft was named after Bills private parts.

Google should be named.....All your data are belong us now.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I once uploaded a video to YouTube for a friend but messed up the privacy settings. Until I got aware of it, a few other internet users saw it.

How I know? I scrambled for the privacy settings and while searching for it I found the statistics section.

- don't click on yt videos posted by strangers here if you don't want them to know your rough location if you don't use VPN.

In theory, if I had posted the video here and waited for someone to answer, I could try to determine the location. I know that yt had some kind of heat map for what parts of the video were watched / repeated the most and I conclude that with enough informational feedback from the user, it's possible to determine the rough location.

Please people be aware that if you click a yt video that was uploaded and shared by a member, it has like 12 views or so and you answer to it after watching...
It could be possible you were the only one yet visiting after it was shared and that's a possible breach of privacy.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

That is most definitely happening more often than we assume...

ATS = honey pot for NDA breakers

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

It get's better.

Your ISP knows what you browse and look for, it's also recorded by NSA.

If you search for things, like making a thread, you leave traces to information. You use the keywords the person used and then you cross-reference them to sites like ATS.

I can't be the first one thinking of this.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Facebook = My narcissism has gone crazy i need a dopamine hit, please like my thoughts
Twitter = My narcissism has gone crazy i need a dopamine hit, please like my thoughts
Tik Tok = My narcissism has gone crazy i need a dopamine hit, please like my thoughts

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown
Star for posting

Never write this because it's the same thing. Hey look at me I stared your post.

I agree with you, it's like a drug for some. I wonder how many bend their opinion to the narrative so they can get that useless digital like or whatever.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Now I am stuck, do I star your post or not.....sure I do!!!!

honestly I despise social media

In the future gravestones will no longer have epitaph

such as

"G.Smith
Born 1955
Died 2015
Loving father, husband"

instead it will be

"Kardashian
20million followers on tik tok
amassing 50million likes on instagram
liked by millions.........loved by none"
edit on 000000p3110America/Chicago720202127 by UpThenDown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

The only thing I consider about the star system, I want a textfield where I can give away stars that I got in masses. Like 20 stars here, 2000 there.

I use it for judging the popular opinions here. Most will get one if they reply to me just because of that reason, to give feedback. I will star posts that are not of my opinion too, when I see that there is genuine reasoning behind that challenged me own believe and thought system.

What I don't like is critism for the sake of it without being constructive. Or not reading threads and then tell me things that I wrote in the OP

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No, you are not the first...

That is a rather scary rabbit hole, combine biofeedback, with higly sensible electromagnetic sensors in your mobile, and I'm not worried about my metha data but about my thoughts...

talk to me again when you are paranoid enough, not to talk to me...

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Netflix: Sign up to for Stranger Things, but keep paying to watch the endless drivel we manufacture and the occasional gem which we’ll inexplicably cancel after 2 seasons.

posted on Jul, 20 2021 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Amazon: we sell you everything you never needed.

new topics

top topics

join