It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacha Baron Cohen wins $95m legal fight with Roy Moore over 'paedophile detector' joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Roy Moore was suing Sacha Baron Cohen after an appearance he made on Baron Cohen's Showtime series where Moore was being interviewed by an Israeli anti-terrorism expert named Colonel Erran Morad (Sacha Baron Cohen) , Moore who has a string of sexual allegations against him didn't see the funny side when Colonel Erran Morad's new Israeli developed "paedophile detector" only beeped when used on him , slightly upset Roy Moore made his exit and ran to his layer ...sadly for Moore neither he or his lawyer read the contract Moore had signed.

US Senate candidate Roy Moore took the case to court complaining he was tricked into an interview for the show that lampooned sexual misconduct accusations against him.

The segment in Baron Cohen's Showtime series saw the comic demonstrate a so-called "paedophile detector" that beeped when it got near Mr Moore.

On Tuesday, Judge John Cronan said that Mr Moore signed a clear disclosure agreement that prohibited any legal claims over the appearance.
news.sky.com...

Undetered it seems Moore will appeal the decision , even though he signed a clear disclosure agreement that prohibited any legal claims over the appearance , good luck with that one Roy.

Below is the offending interview , poor Roy.

He didn't win a seat in the US Senate but people like Moore advance the argument that governments should be run by machine.

edit on 17-7-2021 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm slightly curious how long it took Moore to figure it out.

I'm wondering if he figured it out within a day or 2 of the 'interview', or if he didn't completely understand until it actually aired on Showtime....

I'm thinking probably the latter.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I wonder what Roy was thinking. "O no, this machine actually works".

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Sascha Baron Cohen is a treasure... an absolute treasure!

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In my opinion... SBC is a proper cu#t.

Willing to discuss in great detail with multiple sources of evidence.

I love how the whole western world is crying over fake racism, yet he's played some of the most racist character portrayals in history. AND he's now suing someone for using his racist Borat character without permission. The same character that got him banned from an ENTIRE country because they were insulted by the racist and stereotypical character Borat was.

But it's ok because he's SBC and praised by the extreme left.

What an absolute joke this man is. Everything that is abhorrent about celebrities is present in this man.

"Is it cos I is black?"
edit on 17-7-2021 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What are the court cases against this man ?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Did I say there were court cases against him ?

Moore who has a string of sexual allegations against him

Doesn't seem I did.

Since The Washington Post dropped a bombshell story on November 9 in which four women accused Republican Senate candidate from Alabama Roy Moore of sexual misconduct while they were in their teens, four more women have come forward with their own stories of Moore's encounters with them, bringing the total to eight accusers.

Moore has denied all of the accusations. With the exception of two women, one who was 18 and one who was 22 at the time, all of the accusers were underage when the misconduct allegedly occurred. The youngest was only 14 years old.
www.businessinsider.com...-corfman-1

There does seem to be an awful lot of smoke though.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Ehm, why so defensive? I merely asked..

Why i asked is because in the political sphere it is very common to have people out legations towards people like this for pure character assassinations. When there are this many woman involved but it does not come to court cases with or without settlements then that is a big sign of BS since the risk of it coming out as being BS is pretty high when taken to court.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Ehm, why so defensive? I merely asked..

Not defensive just pointing out that I said allegations , if there were cases pending I would have mentioned them.

When there are this many woman involved but it does not come to court cases with or without settlements then that is a big sign of BS since the risk of it coming out as being BS is pretty high when taken to court.

Or a sign that commencing legal proceedings against a former Judge for historical sexual offences may be seen as futile when the alleged offences happened so long ago and the judiciary tend to look after their own.

Even Trump saw him as a liability.

“The president doesn’t control who votes for the United States Senate in Alabama,” Moore said in a phone interview. “People in Alabama are smarter than that. They elect the senator from Alabama, not from Washington, D.C.”

The scandal-plagued former judge said he is “seriously considering” running for Senate again and plans to decide in a “few weeks.”

Moore's recalcitrance comes as Republicans, including Trump, are warning him to stay out of the race against Democratic Sen. Doug Jones. Republicans view the Alabama contest as a linchpin of their Senate majority — ousting Jones in 2020 would give the GOP a larger cushion with the party mostly on defense on the Senate map.
www.politico.com...

Turns out he was right.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

You are being very defensive even. I asked a legitimate question and all you could do is answer it with defensive questions in return.

And no actually. You brought no proof of anything actually. All you did so far is show that character assassination works.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

You are being very defensive even.I asked a legitimate question and all you could do is answer it with defensive questions in return.

If you say so.

And no actually. You brought no proof of anything actually. All you did so far is show that character assassination works.

I posted a link to the women making the accusations , just to show there are accusations.

Seems Moore is the assassin of his own character which is why he didn't get elected to a seat that has been Republican since 1980.

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Yet another Republican Sleazeball Pedo!

Wait how can this be he is not a liberal, reptilian the in need of Adrenochrome??? This seems made up! Am I right?

Defend from the right in 3...2...1...

posted on Jul, 19 2021 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What I find sad is we have to confront these disposables with comedy...

new topics

top topics

join