It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The very evilness of the innocent looking potato chip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:33 AM
link   
We need to get down to the nitty-gritty of the evilness of the potato chip. Why? Let's find out.

www.healthyeatingscience.com...
1. Potato Chips Cause Weight Gain (Especially In The Belly Region).
2. Potato Chips Offer Very Little Nutrients.
3. Potato Chips Increase High Blood Pressure.
4. Potato Chips Increase Free Harmful Cholesterol In Your Blood.
5. Potato Chips Are Heavily Processed And Can Cause Cancer.
6. Potato Chips Increase Inflammation In the Body. ( A 2009 study from The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that the ingestion of potato chips were pro-inflammatory and can increase the progression of atherosclerosis (clotting of blood vessels ).

can someone post the above youtube vids, I can't.

One reason I needed to post this is that here in this country with a life style of fresh fish, great garden fresh vegetables and a low consumption of cheese ( but this now has changed due to import tax on imported cheese, maybe even cheaper here then in the States ), what is being taken place is the high increase of diabetes in this country. My doctor here for many years treats patients for diabetes , its his specialty. I've often discussed the eating and drinking habits of alcohol and potato chips. I think by the way he looked at me is ... yes, there is a big connection between the two . Yes, we know white rice is not good for the diabetic person and so are many other things, but I just wanted to post about the potato chip. EAT THEM IN MODERATION, and if possible, limit the amount of chips your kids consume.
edit on 0700000014382021-07-17T00:38:14-05:00381407am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 0700000019302021-07-17T01:30:19-05:00301907am1 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:35 AM
link   

edit on 0700000023372021-07-17T00:37:23-05:00372307am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:46 AM
link   
None of the videos work, mate..

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerich0
None of the videos work, mate..

I think bing won't allow yt videos allowed on ATS, so sorry. Don't know how to correct this.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'll try again.

nope won't work

edit on 0700000050582021-07-17T00:58:50-05:00585007am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
Go into edit mode and delete the &t at the end of each number quoted. That's the problem.
&t= [number of seconds] is added if you re-start a video part-way through. If you copy the number in that form, the link won't work properly.

Here is your last one;

edit on 17-7-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   
with all thats happening in the world, potato chips don't matter. We'll die from overdose, suicide etc. But I agree they"re terriblev especially for kids

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Go into edit mode and delete the &t at the end of each number quoted. That's the problem.
&t= [number of seconds] is added if you re-start a video part-way through. If you copy the number in that form, the link won't work properly.

Here is your last one;

Thank you very much. Done now.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Seriously crisps ain’t no joke….have a mate who will quite happily munch 2-3 multi pack bags at a time….he’s got legs like tree trunks and a belly to match…….

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Acrylamid, in combination with alcohol consume, could be the factor. It's soluble in alcohol and toxic, DNA damaging. Even worse, the liver turns it into Glycidamid.

Both bind to amino acids and nuclei bases. Although there hasn't been evidence for heightened cancer risk due to Acrylamid, smoker have a much higher level than non smokers.

Acylamid builds up in starchy, high heated food, like potato chips, fries/chips.

It's best so consume them with conscious and there's nothing one can do about Acylamid doing chips yourselves because it's the heating process. Selfmade chips are the best though

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Portion control. Buy a small bag. Buy the greaseless kind. etc etc. Better off buying Sun Chips.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ntech

Try kettle chips. They are not made on a conveyor and spray fried, they are done in a copper kettle, are about two-three times thicker than normal chips so they don't break during the process.

They are still a bit oily/fatty and the Acrylamid is lingering too, so small bags or portion control.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I mean they're slices of potato fried in oil until they become crispy then loaded with salt and seasoning. I always assumed it was a given they were unhealthy. They're literally just salt, grease and carbs. There are zero things about potato chips that would imply they are in any way not unhealthy.

Do love me some salt n vinegar chips though. I still miss the Old Dutch Rave Extra salt n vinegar chips. They had so much vinegar on them they'd make your mouth numb. They had like 2000mg of sodium per bag. That # was a heart attack waiting to happen. Pretty sure that's why they were discontinued...

top topics

join