It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2021 is Out of Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think the consensus is that 2020 was uniquely chaotic what with Coronavirus, elections, etc.
But 2021 is bringing its own issues.

*assassination in Haiti and ensuing unrest
*demonstrations in Cuba against their government
*riots in South Africa after their ex-president gets jailed
*demonstrations in Iran
*unprecedented flooding in Germany
*unprecedented heat wave in Pacific Northwest (North America), with massive marine die-off
plus the usual Western US droughts and fires and lingering Coronavirus.

are there relevant causes of multiple issues, or is this just 'one of those years'? (truly, no year is totally 'normal')
global warming?
global internet feeding unrest in poor and oppressed areas leading to political unrest?
Biblical end of days? general entropy?

strangely quiet in all this are Venezuela and North Korea. maybe we should be keeping a closer eye on these

thoughts?

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
interesting
she says Venezuelan high oil prices are part of the reason Cuba is demonstrating

oilprice.com...

Venezuela is Cuba’s largest oil supplier under a barter deal sealed by the late leaders of the two countries, Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro. The deal envisaged Cuba getting regular shipments of crude in exchange for its highly trained doctors and other professionals to work in Venezuela.
The tightening of the U.S. sanctions against Maduro’s regime compounded Venezuela’s oil industry troubles, and Cuba became a collateral victim of reduced Venezuelan oil shipments.
Considering that Cuba depends on Venezuelan fuel oil to keep the lights on, insufficient oil supply from Caracas means hours of blackouts because most power plants are old, inefficient, and run on oil products.
Power outages have been among the main reasons for Cuban protests in recent days. People and businesses do not have electricity for hours every day. This adds to the crumbling economy due to the pandemic and missed revenues from tourist arrivals as people avoid traveling to Cuba.

hoping both regimes will change (peacefully!)
edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
North Korea is hungry (not for the first time)

www.bloomberg.com...

North Korea is facing its worse food shortages in more than a decade, it said in a report to the United Nations, giving the world notice Pyongyang is bracing for one of its biggest domestic challenges since Kim Jong Un took power.

Food production dropped to its lowest level in 2018 due to “natural disasters and weak resilience, insufficient farming materials and low level of mechanization,” North Korea said in a Voluntary National Review for a United Nations examination of its Sustainable Development Goals. South Korea’s mission to the UN gave notice of the report on Tuesday and it’s apparently to the first time North Korea has made it public.

so glad I live in the USA

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Makes you miss the good ole 80's doesn't it.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I’m sure Lil Kim is still eating only the best while his people are starving. I thought North Korean citizens would have revolted by now , they’ve had food problems for years. Must be real bad now.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Makes me want to play Mercenaries 2 again and blow # up.

You know, if Cuba was accepted into the American League of Nations, we'd then have a reason to spread democracy all over Venezuela's face...

🤔

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Double dribble.
edit on 05/30/2021 by EdisonintheFM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdisonintheFM
a reply to: Enduro

I've never been to North Korea and I wouldn't dare believe what MSM says about NK so I have no clue.

Maybe Rodman sends them food boxes hidden in basketballs signed by Scottie Pippen.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 05:48 PM
link   

It looks like Trump's "tactic" of complimenting Kim didn't work out after all. Still got nukes and still starving/opressing his people.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

It looks like Trump's "tactic" of complimenting Kim didn't work out after all. Still got nukes and still starving/opressing his people.

Trump is still living in your head. Man, you got it bad!

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:03 PM
link   

To me, it seems like everything is being hurried up toward some goal or event. I don't know what or why, but it seems like those in power are looking like they're rushing to get something done. Who knows, maybe as far as here in America goes, it's to get covid passports and everybody vaccinated before the massive election fraud is proven. At which time, I think that would put a "big spanner in the works." It's hard to get things done when you're rotting in a jail cell.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Prelude to the Tribulation.

Waiting for that Temple and Treaty / Peace accord.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Social unrest is an almost predictable effect of a serious pandemic (I've predicted it, certainly).
But the weather situation will be an independent factor.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Prelude to the Tribulation.
Waiting for that Temple and Treaty / Peace accord.

Ultimately, I think that's the right answer.

People, are you ready for the return of Jesus? I am.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is what happens when the world economy goes to crap in slow motion.

People get surprisingly tolerant of governments and other people's opinions when they know where their next meal is coming from and maybe have a little bit of money in the bank. Take those things away and suddenly those same things are evil.

People are a flighty bunch.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:06 PM
link   

2021 is Chaotic also.

Obama's DACA program for illegal aliens was just struck down.

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It all started when a man dressed as a buffalo, painted as an American flag, sat at a desk in the white house.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:56 PM
link   

2020: Clown World Total Screw Up

2021: Hold My Beer

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

2021 is Chaotic also.

Obama's DACA program for illegal aliens was just struck down.

www.msn.com...

Of course it was a Texas judge. DACA is a good program. Those kids didn't have a choice, and a lot of them are serving in our military.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, this dumpster fire is just going to get higher and higher until the planet explodes in a fiery hellstorm at this point. Pretty much drink and smoke'em if you got them and enjoy the show.

Once Communism takes over the planet the people who chose for such to happen might finally realize they screwed up maybe?

Nah, they'll just blame everything ever on Trump, possibly even the Halocaust and Twin Towers, Kennedy's assassination, every war, etc without a second glance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join