It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ww2 Vet Filmed a couple of movies in the early 90's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hello everyone I hope all is well. Long time ats Member but I hardly post anything. I come to ats with a question. My cousin's father served in the navy during WW2. I actually got to see some color footage film of him in his youth on a ship. Anyway I have a question and maybe the good folks at ats can give me an answer. His father was a veteran and retired from a city job. He wrote two movies and actually filmed them. After the passing of his father a few years back his found the old vhs movies and converted them to dvd.
The other day we were joking around and the topic of those movies came up. His father's dream was that people got to see his movies and his son wants to make that happen. The only issue is he is willing to post it up YouTube for anyone to watch but he fears getting sued. His father wrote and filmed the movies using guys from the old neighborhood. He fears getting a lawsuit by the old actors if he pots the movies on YouTube. The movies was filmed in Williamsburg Brooklyn NY before it transformed into the Hipster capital of the world. Does anyone have any thoughts on would be get sued for posting the video? He just wants to make his father's dream come true.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well now I want to see them lol, for what it is worth Id put them on Vimeo and not even get involved with potential issues. Of course, check with Vimeo's guidelines...

edit on 15-7-2021 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would suggest placing them on the Internet Archive.org. They have a section for films exactly like yours and their goal is to make it a digital library. They host stuff for free and people have easy access to watch it. I've posted a lot of things with them and they're great to use and work with. Real easy experience.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I would suggest placing them on the Internet Archive.org. They have a section for films exactly like yours and their goal is to make it a digital library. They host stuff for free and people have easy access to watch it. I've posted a lot of things with them and they're great to use and work with. Real easy experience.

this is a great idea

top topics

join