It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. County again requiring masks indoors starting Saturday amid coronavirus spike

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

If it still spreads despite vaccination, what will it matter if 100% of people have been vaccinated? There will still be cases which is the reason for restrictions. Cases=restrictions.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Chalcedony

What's the difference between this and the flu?

The flu shot doesn't stop you from getting the flu nor passing it on. Why no outrage over the flu?

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

The Feds and Media are painting themselves into a corner by reporting the truth...that most cases and deaths are amongst the Non-Vaccinated.

This means those who become hospitalized or died, KNEW that by not being vaccinated, they could contract Covid-19 and possibly die from it.

This reality renders the Feds and Media warnings hollow and meaningless.

edit on 7/15/2021 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Again I went somewhere. Chuck E Cheese, everyone except my family face tamponing, unless eating. Went to a super market and fast food place afterwards. Everyone except my family and I were masking and oh boy the LOOKS. Please Lord, give us Total Recall. Even though, it's looking like people might DEMAND to keep their mask and everyone else to wear it even if there is a new gov. Spooooooky.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Looking on the bright side, the number with naturally developed immunity will soon match the number of vaccinated. We can all put away the masks, and we can go back to business as normal.

Except, they don't want business as normal, and if every person on the planet got a vaccine, they would be demanding we get additional shots for something, every six months.

If we don't stop the nonsense, it will never end. We are all going to die from something. I would rather die free, than to be a perpetual guinea pig, and receive continuous injections for things that I may be exposed to.

We can't avoid death. We don't even always get to choose how we die. We can choose if we want medical treatment, or not. If you choose the vaccine, you are safe. Those that don't want the vaccine have decided to take the risk. For those that can't take the vaccine, they are just as much at risk from those that took the vaccine, as they are from the ones, that didn't. They have a choice too. They can avoid people, and wear masks, or take their chances with the rest of us.

You can't protect a person that is immune-compromised, any better than they can protect themselves.

edit on 15-7-2021 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word Correction.

posted on Jul, 15 2021 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju666

Why did you go to a fast food place after Chuck E Cheese? The pizza there is actually pretty good.

On your other point about the masks. The vaccine doesn't work unless you have it to. The ignorance is definately bliss.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You know I have noticed that too, most of the elderly ladies in my zumba class that took the shots, I think all of them can not shake away a nagging cough they all have, they are blaming the cough on "allergies".

I am starting to hear that cough almost everywhere I go around in public.

Interesting, I never paid attention to that before until now.

It's called "Confirmation Bias", once you become aware of something you perceive as a "pattern", whether or not said pattern actually exists, your subconscious will begin to seek out and focus on recurrences of that pattern.

Pareidolia,, the tendency of the mind to perceive the human face in random inanimate objects, is a similar trick our minds play on us.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chalcedony

If it still spreads despite vaccination, what will it matter if 100% of people have been vaccinated? There will still be cases which is the reason for restrictions. Cases=restrictions.

No vaccine is 100% proof against infection, and yet, if you look up the benefits of the smallpox and polio vaccine campaigns from the last century, and consider how few cases of those diseases we have had to deal with here in the developed nations, I think you will better understand the reasoning.

"Mans' curse is that which he forgets".

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   

You mean how well that Oral polio went?

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: KonquestAbySS
Love this state, but dislike those running it. To get back on track with OP I’ve noticed people who got vaccinated are coughing constantly and sounding sick. So I am confused on what is really going on? They wear no mask, they seem to feel entitled and go back to their nasty habits, coughing sneezing allover the joint. I am glad I have continued wearing a mask in the workplace.

Thanks for the tip!

I'll have to give that a go next time go out, maybe I can scare some stragglers into getting their shots!

LMFAO

How in the ever-loving hell is this supposed to scare me into getting a jab, Einstein? Newsflash: I already don't give a # about covid, therefore --

COUGH! COUGH! COUGH!

-- continue to cough away beyotch, I am as unfazed now as I was last year. So go on, cough, little kid, COUGH. Everyone else already does, ergo I'm. not. #ing. worried.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Where are you? I refuse to wear that # ever again

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

Where are you? I refuse to wear that # ever again

I'm in Hell obviously
. Los Angeles. From the other thread, I mentioned my couple of outings and 90+ were still masking it up in malls I went to. One was Culver City, the other was Redondo Beach. Yesterday was in Carson, No one was without a mask besides my wife, I, and the little kaijus.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

originally posted by: Chalcedony

No vaccine is 100% proof against infection, and yet, if you look up the benefits of the smallpox and polio vaccine campaigns from the last century, and consider how few cases of those diseases we have had to deal with here in the developed nations, I think you will better understand the reasoning.

"Mans' curse is that which he forgets".

There are some comparisons we can make with COVID and Polio, but they are not the comparison that most would think they would be.

Polio and smallpox are used a lot when people want to speak of the wonders of vaccines, but they forget that the vaccines were not produced in just a few months, and they forget that even to this day, there is still scientific debate on how both viruses were transmitted, and how, or if they were eradicated.

We have forgotten that Polio, similar to COVID, In about 98% of cases, was considered a mild illness, with no symptoms or with viral-like symptoms, and fewer than 1%-2% of people who contract polio become paralyzed.

So you are right, we do have the curse of short and selective memories.

www.insidescience.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

I think that's the reason that he fought to get the date moved forward in the recount...he knows his plans are to institute another lockdown this fall, and doesn't want it to happen and piss people off before the recall election occurs.

And the sad thing is, by September 14, most of the mindless voters who think that he's done a great job will already have forgotten about the pains caused because of his COVID overreactions and tyranical mandates.

I live in this state and I wholeheartedly believe that we've screwed and he will remain in office. And with his ego, if he beats this recall, he will think that he's invicible and do things that are even more insane. Hell, they've passed a basic income bill in this state. Right now, it is only provided to (I believe) pregnant people who qualify and young adults who recently left foster care, but we all know that it will expand, and it will never be able to be taken away, as that would be political suicide. They're actually putting their sights on a federal basic income now...

Sorry for the rant, but Newsom is so bad for this state.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Yep. He beats the recall and he will be galvanized. This is also probably why we are hearing about tons of illegal immigration. No doubt the voter rolls will be packed and backed by non-citizens.

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
And the 'vaccine' is at the very least, 100% sterilization of the human race. Hopefully that would be all, but come on, who are we trying to kid? It's a 5-10 year time bomb of death.

Just say no!

Ahhhhh, not this BS again….

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

You know I have noticed that too, most of the elderly ladies in my zumba class that took the shots, I think all of them can not shake away a nagging cough they all have, they are blaming the cough on "allergies".

I am starting to hear that cough almost everywhere I go around in public.

Interesting, I never paid attention to that before until now.

I took the vax in Jan and have no cough and no other side effects. Sorry to disappoint.
edit on 7/16/2021 by BrujaRebooted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Uhm....why wait till Saturday? Was the COVID Delta variants flight delayed?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

Why did you go to a fast food place after Chuck E Cheese? The pizza there is actually pretty good.

On your other point about the masks. The vaccine doesn't work unless you have it to. The ignorance is definately bliss.

To whom is your 'ignorance' statement directed at? Me or everyone else?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join