It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Coincidences That Happen

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I buy a lot of books from this online bookseller and last week they sent me an e-mail saying I had earned enough points buying books to get another free one. So, for a .99 cent shipping fee, I picked a great old illustrated hardcover edition of Sir Walter Scott's "Ivanhoe." This edition was published in 1941 and it's a really nice volume. It arrived in the mail just today.

Tonight after dinner I decided to watch on old movie from 1943, "Shadow Of A Doubt," directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Joseph Cotton. It's a suspenseful film noir. I had never seen it before.

Early on in the movie the dad comes home from work and sees his young daughter lying on the floor reading a book. He asks her, "Whatcha reading?"

She replies, "Ivanhoe."

Weird coincidences like this happen to me all the time.
edit on 13-7-2021 by TrulyColorBlind because: Left out the word "a" between "it's" and "really nice volume."

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Yeah, happens all the time here as well. Some song comes to mind I haven't thought of in years and then it is playing on radio or tv minutes later. The Deja Vu is strong as well.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I notice them a lot, I call them synchronizes and treat them as such. All they are for is to let you know you are exactly where you need to be at this point in time.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:03 PM
link   

There are no coincidences in a deterministic and finite virtual reality construct. There is only enemy action.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: GuitaristRob

Bingo. I believe this 100%.

If you're on the right road, you'll see signs that let you know.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Neat! I love a good coincidence.

How bout my moms family comes from a family member named Joseph Cotton, like seriously.

When I saw your title I got the feeling there would be a coincidence in it for me as well…and lookie there.

Things seem to be lining up more and more and it’s hard not to notice

At the dentist yesterday I told the hygienist there were no actual coincidences. I had told her something then a commercial came over the radio about what I had just said

edit on 13-7-2021 by CrazyBlueCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Not weird, just, normally, unnoticed.

We are led to water but are not made to drink!

I say, “drink! And be merry”!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I buy a lot of books from this online bookseller and last week they sent me an e-mail saying I had earned enough points buying books to get another free one. So, for a .99 cents shipping fee, I picked a great old illustrated hardcover edition of Sir Walter Scott's "Ivanhoe." This edition was published in 1941 and it's really nice volume. It arrived in the mail just today.

Tonight after dinner I decided to watch on old movie from 1943, "Shadow Of A Doubt," directed by Alfred Hitchcock and starring Joseph Cotton. It's a suspenseful film noir. I had never seen it before.

Early on in the movie the dad comes home from work and sees his young daughter lying on the floor reading a book. He asks her, "Whatcha reading?"

She replies, "Ivanhoe."

Maybe not that much of a coincidence. You watch a movie made in 1943 that references a book published in 1941.

In any case, it sounds like a great day. You got a great book at a great price, have a nice dinner, and watch a great movie. Throw in a bottle of wine, a good cigar, and a dog sleeping by the fireplace, and life don't get no better than that.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
I buy a lot of books from this online bookseller and last week they sent me an e-mail saying I had earned enough points buying books to get another free one. So, for a .99 cents shipping fee, I picked a great old illustrated hardcover edition of Sir Walter Scott's "Ivanhoe." This edition was published in 1941 and it's really nice volume. It arrived in the mail just today.

She replies, "Ivanhoe."

You watch a movie made in 1943 that references a book published in 1941.

I should have pointed out that, although the edition of the book I have was released in 1941, it was originally published in 1819. There have been a lot of various editions of it published since then.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazyBlueCat
When I saw your title I got the feeling there would be a coincidence in it for me as well…and lookie there.

Sometimes, you just know something like that's going to happen. It's an eerie feeling.

posted on Jul, 13 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   
They do. Synchronicity or synchronicities. Not sure how they relate to Deja Vu, but another poster suggested they are guideposts.

If you care to, there is Magic sometimes when you Look.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This ones weird

Witnesses: George Floyd mural at Summit and Lagrange destroyed by lightning strike

www.msn.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It’s a better proposition than my own thoughts to them being the chimes of a warning bell signaling that we are not. Vacillating now. It may indeed be a eureka moment. a reply to: GuitaristRob

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I wanted to post on that last night but my connect went screwy, but I'd call that a Pat Robertson sized act of God, not coincidence.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Once, while in college, I was taking a road trip with some friends, and to my astonishment this happened to me THREE TIMES IN A ROW. Song played in my head, then came on the radio. This miiiight have happened after consumption of some lovely mellow hashish. Can altered states alter perceptions in this way? Inquiring minds want to know!

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

Once, while in college, I was taking a road trip with some friends, and to my astonishment this happened to me THREE TIMES IN A ROW. Song played in my head, then came on the radio. This miiiight have happened after consumption of some lovely mellow hashish. Can altered states alter perceptions in this way? Inquiring minds want to know!

I have not been a user of any drugs but it has happened to me and recently has happened way more often.
Think of a song or movie that I have not heard or seen in many years and bam I hear it or see it mentioned everywhere!!

I wonder if this happens to everyone.

posted on Jul, 14 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: new_here

I have not been a user of any drugs but it has happened to me and recently has happened way more often.
Think of a song or movie that I have not heard or seen in many years and bam I hear it or see it mentioned everywhere!!

I wonder if this happens to everyone.
Happens to me all the time.

new topics

top topics

join